The Arbroath Thread

This is the first time for ages that we have had a bit of cover in defence. We've been relatively lucky so far with injuries unlike previous seasons. It would be good to see this lad get a run at LB and Louden getting forward.

But then who drops out? Reid? Probably be a bit harsh as he's just gotten into the team, deserves a wee run. Lowden left and Ramsey right with Bobby in behind would be decent though I think.

With a development loan they can still play for their own clubs u20 I believe

You can, but he's not generally part of our u20's set up anyway so it's fairly unlikely that will happen much. He's a first team squad member and has only turned out for the development side a handful of times all year though he's still young enough to do so.

This signing is great news. Gives us more options down the left as Lowden can be pushed up the park.

Very dissapointed for Victoria. Was never given a chance due this stupid 1 up top formation. Didnt see the reason in signing him in the first place if we were only going to play 4-5-1.

McWalter i can understand. Could do a job but competition was to tight. Hopefully he can find a club out there willing to give him a chance.

This signing is great news. Gives us more options down the left as Lowden can be pushed up the park.

Very dissapointed for Victoria. Was never given a chance due this stupid 1 up top formation. Didnt see the reason in signing him in the first place if we were only going to play 4-5-1.

McWalter i can understand. Could do a job but competition was to tight. Hopefully he can find a club out there willing to give him a chance.

Victoria didn't get a game because he didn't turn up to training

I would say that Victoria seen that he wasnt going to get enough game time as Grehan was Lumsdens main man.

Just seems odd to sign the 2nd top goalscorer from the Lowland League and bench him as soon as he signs. But continue to play the slow moving glacier up front.

He wasnt right to go in a huff or AWOL from training. Most likely there has been disagreeing words said between him and the management tho.

Going by Twitter he's good mates with the Edinburgh lads (Gold and Munro). Good to have cover at LB but shite knowing it means Stoney is probably gubbed.

I was out uptown with Gold and a few mutual mate during preseason this season. I was genuinely shocked/impressed that he never had a drink. I just assumed young Scottish fitbaw blah blah blah he'll be having a bevy but he was just on the water. Sound guy and seems to have his head screwed on. It's the guys like him you want to see do well.

Have heard that you might be signing Scott Smith (Dundee United) on loan. He's a centre - mid and was largely anonymous with us to the point where you'd be asking yourself who was playing in the midfield.

Having said that he might be able to do the business in League 2 although I wouldn't bank on it.

I was out uptown with Gold and a few mutual mate during preseason this season. I was genuinely shocked/impressed that he never had a drink. I just assumed young Scottish fitbaw blah blah blah he'll be having a bevy but he was just on the water. Sound guy and seems to have his head screwed on. It's the guys like him you want to see do well.

Love that, personally like him and think he's a good player, not had the best of seasons but spent a lot of if playing out wide where he just isn't suited. Did get this moment v the Jambos though, who I think he supports, so sure he will be buzzing with that.

post-14721-14523875900074_thumb.jpg

Love that, personally like him and think he's a good player, not had the best of seasons but spent a lot of if playing out wide where he just isn't suited. Did get this moment v the Jambos though, who I think he supports, so sure he will be buzzing with that.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1452387588.129912.jpg

Aye just thought I'd share that, was well impressed he didn't touch a drink. Must be so temped when all your mates are getting steaming. Good on him. I genuinely want him to do well.

Can't really complain while we are in the 3rd, maybe be different if he was older and proven but he's a young guy, be wanting to play at the highest level he can.

Suppose but we're in need of pacey striker and with Ryan on the market I was very hopeful we would've gotten him until the end of the season