Deadline Day

As the window draws to a close, how busy will your team be today? What do you need? What do you want? What will you get? Any early rumours ahead of the 11:00pm closing of the summer window? Who will be the most active of the Premiership clubs? Will we get Natalie Sawyer in that fetching yellow dress again?

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/28678010

Sky Sports: http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Doubt St Johnstone will do much business and indeed Tommy Wright has said he's finished his dealings and is happy with what he's been allowed to do. Most likely is a couple of the younger players, notably Dylan Easton, going out on loan.

Of the other clubs, will Aberdeen finally sign a proper left back? How many duds can Deila ship out?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Motherwell will be making any signings. Even if we could do with one or two (or eleven!).

In all seriousness, I've been really pleased with the business we've done this summer, even if we have had a poor start. Once we have a full squad of fit players again we'll be back to our old selves.

I doubt Motherwell will be making any signings. Even if we could do with one or two (or eleven!).

In all seriousness, I've been really pleased with the business we've done this summer, even if we have had a poor start. Once we have a full squad of fit players again we'll be back to our old selves.

This, apart from the second paragraph.

We'll be busy. Nathan Eccleston will be signing, and Union Jack of the Evening Times has said we're looking to bring in a defender and another forward. Someone on wearethistle, who posts here but I can't remember who it is, says that forward is Mikael Mandron.

Obviously without a manager or Director of Football it's hard to see us making any signings today, even though we really do have needs.

Or we'll be really hopeless and sign 4 players I guess, a couple of whom don't seem like they'll add much to the team. I mean Michael Gardyne was a great player for us in the First Division but we've got De Leeuw now. It doesn't seem like the biggest need. So maybe we'll make signings, they'll just be pointless panic signings.

Obviously without a manager or Director of Football it's hard to see us making any signings today, even though we really do have needs.

Or we'll be really hopeless and sign 4 players I guess, a couple of whom don't seem like they'll add much to the team. I mean Michael Gardyne was a great player for us in the First Division but we've got De Leeuw now. It doesn't seem like the biggest need. So maybe we'll make signings, they'll just be pointless panic signings.

Think every effort should be made to at least bring back at least Songo'o and Oikonomou, although f**k knows what the Greeks fitness is like. Our defence is utterly awful.

Think every effort should be made to at least bring back at least Songo'o and Oikonomou, although f**k knows what the Greeks fitness is like. Our defence is utterly awful.

I wouldn't object to either of those. I mean if we can make deals to shore up the defence or generally strengthen the squad I'm not going to complain. I just hope we don't sign new players just for the sake of it.

McCall said we needed to get rid of people rather than bring any in.

Gunnar Nielsen, Fraser Kerr, Bob McHugh, Adam Cummins all possible loan outs.

Songo'o could be available with Blackburn signing another centre back, the Greek is playing in Cyprus on a contract until the end of the season.

Well let's start the truth or bull day and let's see what jim white brings up... At county its looking like four in today with darren barr, clark robertson and gardyne plus one other. Lots of fishing will be needed and we may need a bigger boat..

bubs, on 01 Sept 2014 - 09:48, said:

Well let's start the truth or bull day and let's see what jim white brings up... At county its looking like four in today with darren barr, clark robertson and gardyne plus one other. Lots of fishing will be needed and we may need a bigger boat..

Surely a manager should be brought in first?

Archived