Falkirk v Queens

Cheers.

Still sounds like its been a disappointing start to the season. Or is that the most obvious statement ever? :lol:

I was feeling quite optimistic after our performance against the Tribute Act, and the result against Hibs was good, but since then we've played 300 minutes of football and played Cowden, Stranraer and Hearts - managing one goal against 10 men.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the draw against Cowdenbeath on the opening day was an absolute disaster of a result.....and that we were the ones scrambling for the point made it even worse.

We knew what was coming up after that game fixture wise, and to turn in a performance like that (the second Cowdenbeath goal was something you would expect to see in a Public park on a Saturday morning) was absolutely ridiculous.

There is (I think) a wee attitude problem going on with one or two of our established younger guys, and it needs to be sorted out pronto. Hopefully Sibbs has gotten his head sorted out after quitting in a few games last season. The one who is under the microscope now is Blair Alston. Even just 12 months ago, out of our four "star" youngsters (Alston, Kingsley, Fulton and McGrandles), then Alston would have been the one that looked like the guy most likely to attract a bid. Now, here he is...the only one left, the one with the bland season in his CV. This is the season where he he must clear his head, understand what he has to deliver, and gets on with it. If not, he will end up as just another "almost made it" player, and that would be a shame as he has a real bit of talent about him.

Another hard game for us but one I reckon we need to win. Will be interesting to see what changes he makes after Saturday and with the new signings coming in.

Expect the same old from a Queens side under McIntyre, so as long as we are patient and our centre halfs can head the ball we should be ok

Another hard game for us but one I reckon we need to win. Will be interesting to see what changes he makes after Saturday and with the new signings coming in.

Expect the same old from a Queens side under McIntyre, so as long as we are patient and our centre halfs can head the ball we should be ok

Queens are not a long ball team and to suggest they are is inaccurate.

I hope that for once, Housty sets the team out there to go and give Queens a roasting. If I see another Falkirk side "set up" to counter an opposition's strengths, i think I'll scream. It's been so long since I've seen Falkirk be anything other than timid and cautious in the early stages of a game.

Saturday would be the perfect day (and opposition) to put down a bit of a marker for the season. What we have been served up so far is nowhere near good enough for a top four finish.

Actually, if this season pans out as expected (Hearts, Hibs and Sevco filling the top three spots), and Falkirk finish 4th, then we will have seen four consecutive 3rd place finishes, and one 4th. This means that eleven teams will have finished above us in a five year spell. Now, if this happened to say, Aberdeen in the top flight in days of old, those "eleven teams" would have consisted of Celtic (5 times), Rangers (5 times) and maybe Hearts (1 time).

In Falkirk's case, the eleven teams are very likely to consist of 10 different clubs! It's as if every club outside the top flight waits in line for their turn to finish above us. It's a greater indicator of how we have completely plateaud.

For the record, the list of clubs would be The Rangers, Hearts, Hibernian, Partick Thistle, Morton, Dundee (twice), Hamilton, Dunfermline, Raith Rovers and Ross County. Of the full time clubs, only QotS and Livingston are currently still waiting in the queue.

We have too many greeting bairns at the moment... Did anyone really think it would be plain sailing to start with, especially with the start we have been handed. Another point also is that Houstie took over when some teams had started pre season in Scotland and assembled there squads by that point, but we now have hearts,hibs,rangers out the way and albeit a talent out in mcgrandles, we have added four players in the last couple of weeks. So we should be now looking upwards with a run of games where we should be looking firmly at getting 3pts each game upcoming.

I said at the time Holt left, that I'd miss his attacking policy, albeit very dangerous at times it was good to see us go all out to win every week albeit Holts inexperience showed at times, Aberdeen in the cup being major one.

Houstie in interview has hit the nail on the head every time and hasn't been controversial ala Holt or simply talked Pish as Elvis had on numerous occasions. I've every bit of faith in him as I've looked at the facts with the hand he has been dealt, question marks on Millar an perhaps Maybury....but all of that will be forgotten if we now go on a run...

Starting Saturday COYB

P.s.... I would say QOS are more defensive kick and rush..... Not long ball

I don't think anyone is bemoaning the points total, but the performances so far in all games has been far from great. I too think Housty knows what he is doing, but he is a bit behind the curve in getting it done. That can all change on Saturday of course.

Really looking forward to see Smith in action. A direct aggressive player behind Loy is something we have been crying out for, and the QotS defence is probably ever bit as brittle as ours.

I don't think anyone is bemoaning the points total, but the performances so far in all games has been far from great. I too think Housty knows what he is doing, but he is a bit behind the curve in getting it done. That can all change on Saturday of course.

Really looking forward to see Smith in action. A direct aggressive player behind Loy is something we have been crying out for, and the QotS defence is probably ever bit as brittle as ours.

:huh:

Long ball, kick and rush and a brittle defence. Falkirk fans have our side pegged alright.

Even though McIntyre is away I cant see their being wholesale changes on Saturday - unless we appoint really quickly. We still dont have the midfielders to make many changes anyway!

:huh:

Long ball, kick and rush and a brittle defence. Falkirk fans have our side pegged alright.

Even though McIntyre is away I cant see their being wholesale changes on Saturday - unless we appoint really quickly. We still dont have the midfielders to make many changes anyway!

So you back four is rock solid? Didn't look it last season, and hell, doesn't look like it this season either. You've played one big gun and conceded four.....same as us against Hearts. Lets see how good it all looks once you have played Hibs and Hearts. I certainly didn't say long ball, kick and rush. That would be someone elses opinion.

So you back four is rock solid? Didn't look it last season, and hell, doesn't look like it this season either. You've played one big gun and conceded four.....same as us against Hearts. Lets see how good it all looks once you have played Hibs and Hearts. I certainly didn't say long ball, kick and rush. That would be someone elses opinion.

I never said it was rock solid, but it certainly isnt brittle.

Thats why I said the Falkirk "fans"

Set up to go for the jugular. Its a must.

MacDonald

O'shaun

Cracks

Vaulks

Leahy

Tam

OTJ

Smith

Alston

Loy

Bia Bi

Agreed, but with Sibbald instead of Alston. Sibbald was the only player to do anything of merit against both Hearts and Stranraer.

Unfortunately, no. I think we will invoke the ghost of Levein, and we will go out trying to ensure we don't lose the game.....which in this league, is a real pity, as out with Hearts and Sevco, most teams look capable of crumbling under a bit of pressure.

Archived