Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought there was only one team capable of winning yesterday and it looked like Falkirk could have played all day and still not scored. Unfortunately it took a deflected own goal to bring them level.

Surprised at the substitutions yesterday especially as Gavin had scored and Danny was playing well. Didn't look to me that they were injured at all. After that Queens looked less likely to score. Still not overly impressed by Baird....Lyle and Reilly pose our greatest threat up front.

I thought Carmichael was starting to tire a little. Baird was stripped and ready to come on just before Reillys goal, then was sat back down again!

I was thinking the same this morning. OK, he hasnt had a run in the side or much game time, but Baird was disappointing when he came on again.

Watch highlights of 2 mins of which 30 seconds are both goals and replays....yep that should give anyone an opinion on 90+ mins...

I never once said you were poor, in fact the opposite but the game I was watching was a team counter attacking then getting everyone behind the ball, of which I said you were effective of doing and having the best of the chances.... I made that opinion on 90+mins not 1min 30 seconds of highlights....!

Watch the highlights again. See how many times in that two and a half minutes you were attacking and not hoofball into the box. One and it was a Loy run that he played accross the face of goal.

Eta the reason they couldn't find anymore highlights for Falkirk was because you didn't half any. I count about 5 or 6 for queens and that doesn't include the one Lyle just pulled wide, had the shot been over the other side of the goal Macdonald would not of got to it.

Watch the highlights again. See how many times in that two and a half minutes you were attacking and not hoofball into the box. One and it was a Loy run that he played accross the face of goal.

Eta the reason they couldn't find anymore highlights for Falkirk was because you didn't half any. I count about 5 or 6 for queens and that doesn't include the one Lyle just pulled wide, had the shot been over the other side of the goal Macdonald would not of got to it.

Are you for real....?

Asking me to base a 90+ min game on 1min 30 seconds of highlights....although you have increased the highlight to 2mins 30...have you just watched the QOS attacks for a minute more to come to that conclusion....?

I have said QOS had the better chances over the 90+ mins....shock horror that features mainly in 1min 30 seconds of the highlights....

Basing the game on the 87th to 89th min... I think we should've won 5-0....

For those of us not able to make the game today who was in charge of the bench while fowler was on the pitch? Heard JT was going to help out was this the case and ifso was he in his own?

Kenny Arthur (goalie coach) was there today putting the keepers through the pre-match warm-up. Nice to see that happening at last. Big JT strolled onto the park as the rest of the squad did their pre-match preparations, which were taken by Fowler, but he looked a bit like someone who had been invited to a party where he didn't know anyone else there and didn't know what to do with himself. When the game started however JT looked to be doing most of the organising from the sidelines until Fowler substituted himself and took over that role. Mark Kerr was also getting involved pre-match although he sat in the stand the during game making notes, but went into the changing rooms with the team at half-time. It did look, to me at least, like too many bodies hired for the job in hand.

I thought there was only one team capable of winning yesterday and it looked like Falkirk could have played all day and still not scored. Unfortunately it took a deflected own goal to bring them level.

Surprised at the substitutions yesterday especially as Gavin had scored and Danny was playing well. Didn't look to me that they were injured at all. After that Queens looked less likely to score. Still not overly impressed by Baird....Lyle and Reilly pose our greatest threat up front.

Agree with this especially the last sentence. Gavin is on a good goal scoring run at the moment and Lyle in the twilight of his career is playing exceptionally well. Both are playing well together, Baird actually looks slightly slow and as though he is carrying a few extra pounds. Maybe a few games in the reserves would help him get back into match shape.

Archived