Falkirk v Queens

I disagree on Leahy (and no I'm not family!) - I thought he looked ok yesterday, although I'd prefer to see Dick there. I also thought Shug was a vast improvement at RB over Maybury and to be honest Duffie.

The problems, as with Stranraer, were in front of them. Only Sibbald of the starting 6 midfielders/strikers was giving any movement. Loy looks really disinterested so far this year. Last season he was dropping deep and foraging, I don't know if Houston has told him to stay up top, but it doesn't suit him.

And playing two holding midfielders in a 4-4-2 is too static unless you have Giggs and Beckham on the wings. Smith didn't have the beating of his man. Jones was ok without being spectacular, and Taiwo is doing nothing for me. Disappointed in Biabi, I wanted him to start, but it just didn't work for him.

In general too many high balls when we don't have the presence for that.

Queens I thought were by far the better team without creating a huge amount. Very quick from back to front, with Russell and Reilly's pace causing real problems, and a good physical presence in midfield. As others have said, 3 pretty cynical fouls stopping us from breaking, but the sort I'd be applauding from my own team.

Can't see us finishing above Queens unless there's a vast improvement from us.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or does the team look totally disinterested? There does not appear to be anything approaching enthusiasm. I can put up with getting beaten, but lack of effort is a total NO-NO.

You do wonder. Ever since McGrandles was given away we have looked a shadow of the side we were v Sevco. Unrest in the dressing room? Who knows. If there is these things usually will come out.

The problem with Leahy is it's like having a wing back in a back 4, fine if you have midfielder drop in the cover but not once did that happen yesterday or last week. First and foremost your left back should defend which is why I'd prefer Liam in there (use of first name for obvious reasons), bar a nightmare first half against Hearts he's been solid and imo shouldn't have been dropped.

Thought the first 25 minutes we looked good and actually believe Sibbald and leahy can work well together. OTJ and tawio looked okay and though David smith will be a good addition to our squad. Did anyone see the elbow from Lyle on leahy? Thought that was definitely a card. McDonald's kicking worries me an awful lot. Loy tireless running once again but needs support. Should always start with Alston IMO. Houston needs time and so do the new players to bed in with the way we play. They'll have my time.

Oh yeah forgot about that. Smoke bomb / flare whatever it was, do us a favour and grow up. Leave that sort of nonsense to the Old Firm please. We can be thankful for the small mercy that it wasnt thrown on the pitch. If someone knows who it was have a word please.

I see the Travel Club have identified and banned the perpetrator.

Top work from the Committee as always.

That's a great ball from McShane in to Carmichael for our goal, and a good cut back to Reilly as well. Very good goal.

And that shows it clearly wasn't Higgins that got the own goal given it looped over his head.

Probably the worst highlights of the weekend...awful game,which I yawned a record amount. I Thot leahy did better first half, second half his positional sense was a bit off an throughout his final ball into box was poor. I was largely disappointed with Smith, looked uninterested especially for a debut and didn't look comfortable on the ball...time will tell on him.

It was hard yesterday to break a team down having 10 players behind the ball an when we did counter when they pushed forward, out came a cynical foul. Fair play to QOS, they did it well an probably were more dangerous than us over the 90 doing so...

As for us and been said, still figuring out our best 11 and match fitness of the recent added players. I would have botti as a sub for now, not ready for a start it seems, tho has done really well as an impact sub. I'd go back to 1 up top an two wide support, Sheppard being one, Alston or smith as the other. We need to use pace as I don't think we have a real play maker in the midfield with that real creativity in his locker

That's a great ball from McShane in to Carmichael for our goal, and a good cut back to Reilly as well. Very good goal.

And that shows it clearly wasn't Higgins that got the own goal given it looped over his head.

It was a really well worked goal. Particularly as Carmichael had just hit two fairless aimless crosses in quick succession straight at the defender. He did really well to pick out Reilly.

I didnt realise just how good those two first half chances were. Its a good save from McDonald but Lyle really should be scoring when clean through. Reilly was unlucky with the volley that went wide. Also, credit McDonald with another really good save from Carmichael second half. At the time I thought it was going wide anyway but the highlights show it was going in at the near post, and rising away from him too.

Thought the first 25 minutes we looked good and actually believe Sibbald and leahy can work well together. OTJ and tawio looked okay and though David smith will be a good addition to our squad. Did anyone see the elbow from Lyle on leahy? Thought that was definitely a card. McDonald's kicking worries me an awful lot. Loy tireless running once again but needs support. Should always start with Alston IMO. Houston needs time and so do the new players to bed in with the way we play. They'll have my time.

Also why wasn't boulding on the bench?? If Houston signed him and now doesn't rate him what a waste.

Probably the worst highlights of the weekend...awful game,which I yawned a record amount. I Thot leahy did better first half, second half his positional sense was a bit off an throughout his final ball into box was poor. I was largely disappointed with Smith, looked uninterested especially for a debut and didn't look comfortable on the ball...time will tell on him.

It was hard yesterday to break a team down having 10 players behind the ball an when we did counter when they pushed forward, out came a cynical foul. Fair play to QOS, they did it well an probably were more dangerous than us over the 90 doing so...

As for us and been said, still figuring out our best 11 and match fitness of the recent added players. I would have botti as a sub for now, not ready for a start it seems, tho has done really well as an impact sub. I'd go back to 1 up top an two wide support, Sheppard being one, Alston or smith as the other. We need to use pace as I don't think we have a real play maker in the midfield with that real creativity in his locker

Don't know which game you were watching look at the highlights on show, at no point were we camped behind the ball hoping to hold out for a point. You were absolutely shocking and created very little over the 90 minutes and the highlights show that we had a few very good chances. Love the Falkirk fans view that any team you can't beat because you were poor came to frustrate you and not attempt to win. Absolute nonsense.

I thought there was only one team capable of winning yesterday and it looked like Falkirk could have played all day and still not scored. Unfortunately it took a deflected own goal to bring them level.

Surprised at the substitutions yesterday especially as Gavin had scored and Danny was playing well. Didn't look to me that they were injured at all. After that Queens looked less likely to score. Still not overly impressed by Baird....Lyle and Reilly pose our greatest threat up front.

Don't know which game you were watching look at the highlights on show, at no point were we camped behind the ball hoping to hold out for a point. You were absolutely shocking and created very little over the 90 minutes and the highlights show that we had a few very good chances. Love the Falkirk fans view that any team you can't beat because you were poor came to frustrate you and not attempt to win. Absolute nonsense.

Watch highlights of 2 mins of which 30 seconds are both goals and replays....yep that should give anyone an opinion on 90+ mins...

I never once said you were poor, in fact the opposite but the game I was watching was a team counter attacking then getting everyone behind the ball, of which I said you were effective of doing and having the best of the chances.... I made that opinion on 90+mins not 1min 30 seconds of highlights....!

Archived