Falkirk v Queens

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a horrendous. Hardly a shot at goal for the full 90 mins but within the game a draw was a fair result. Queens came for a draw and they got it so credit to them

I give every player in a Falkirk jersey 100% support but why is Luke Leahy at my club? He gives his all which is fine but he isn't good enough and he's proved that for 2 years, through 3 different managers

Came for a draw im not so sure, came set up with two strikers and two out and out wingers. Played shit and didn't really cause many problems but I didn't think we came out to play for a point.

Another late goal at Falkirk but at least we get a point this time. Would have taken a draw before kick off but after going ahead thought we might hang on for the win. Strange that Fowler took off Carmichael just after he had made the goal.

I would have taken a draw before the match, but to have been ahead its disappointing to only draw, especially when Falkirks goal came from a poor set piece and a fortunate OG. A draw was probably a fair result, though. Falkirk had more of the ball but lacked a cutting edge. We probably created, marginally, more chances but neither side worked the opposition keeper enough to be able to claim to have deserved a win.

Falkirk didnt look as good a side as last season. Plenty of possession football but nowhere near as dangerous going forward.

Please don't give the job to fowler

He didnt exactly give the Board an easy decision today, but it was very much McIntyres team and McIntyres tactics. We didnt play that well, but then it wasnt a bad performance and we got a point away to one of the strongest sides in the league.

I think what we say today was that if Fowler gets the job what we'll get is continuity

That was a horrendous. Hardly a shot at goal for the full 90 mins but within the game a draw was a fair result. Queens came for a draw and they got it so credit to them

I give every player in a Falkirk jersey 100% support but why is Luke Leahy at my club? He gives his all which is fine but he isn't good enough and he's proved that for 2 years, through 3 different managers

:lol:

Well, with a brittle defence and long ball game, what else do you expect?

He didnt exactly give the Board an easy decision today, but it was very much McIntyres team and McIntyres tactics. We didnt play that well, but then it wasnt a bad performance and we got a point away to one of the strongest sides in the league.

I think what we say today was that if Fowler gets the job what we'll get is continuity

Not sure exactly what people are expecting? Some kind of sweeping sea change? I thought we did ok today. Not our best performance ever but we worked hard and deserved a draw. A wee bit unlucky not to win but we've been through three managers since we last got a point at Falkirk so it was a better return than usual.

Fowler has been in charge for less than a week and, apart from McShane and himself who both missed the game at Ibrox, had no extra players available from the squad. We were never likely to see any revolutionary change. Besides which, the previous tactics and team were not doing badly at all.

Leahy certainly was not the worst today.

Not one player in the Falkirk side the opposition are going to be scared of.

Holt, QOS LB was just about the best player on the pitch for me.

Dreadful dreadful game, Falkirk could have had 100% possession today and still not score a goal. I'd like to see what the possession stats were today. Falkirk had 2 shots on target. One was an easy save for the keeper, one was a shot that deflected into the net.

Pretty much agree with Mr X assessment.

Fair result IMO. Was a kind of up and down first half with each team being on top for spells. We shaded the first in terms of chances.

Pretty even second half with Falkirk finishing slightly stronger.

Reasonable away point give our previous results at The FS.

We only got behind the Falkirk defence twice with a good run by Danny and a great pass by Fowler to Holt.

Disappointing that the drummer was ejected and in the young team for letting off the smoke bomb. I overheard the young team name the perpetrator. Sort it out or someone else will.

To a large extent both teams were set up to cancel out the other and were set up fairly defensively. Although we had 2 front men and 2 wingers we often had 10 behind the ball. There was certainly no attempt by either side at an overtly offensive formation. This is understandable by Queens who have not done well at The FS. But Peter Houston? At Home?

Draw a fair result. We had lots of possesion but no cutting edge. Queens looked good on the counter. Terrible defending for the goal we lost, see 'how to give your opponents a 20 yard radius of space in the final third' manual for more details. Deflection for our goal was karma for Queens chronic timewasting after going 1-0 up...and a fair few nawty tackles

Alston and Shepperd must start next week. With McGrandles away we are really missing someone to drive at the opposition defense. Sibbald has nice skill and can do it but isnt quite direct enough.

Biabi was indecisive at the best of times...OTJ started well but faded quickly.

Think the new signings will all add someone when they are match fit. Houstie still has to work out his best formation and starting 11

ETA: Smoke bombs must stay

Draw a fair result. We had lots of possesion but no cutting edge. Queens looked good on the counter. Terrible defending for the goal we lost, see 'how to give your opponents a 20 yard radius of space in the final third' manual for more details. Deflection for our goal was karma for Queens chronic timewasting after going 1-0 up...and a fair few nawty tackles

Alston and Shepperd must start next week. With McGrandles away we are really missing someone to drive at the opposition defense. Sibbald has nice skill and can do it but isnt quite direct enough.

Biabi was indecisive at the best of times...OTJ started well but faded quickly.

Think the new signings will all add someone when they are match fit. Houstie still has to work out his best formation and starting 11

ETA: Smoke bombs must stay

Yeah. Have to say that Falkirk were a very clean disciplined side today. We committed a couple of 'professional fouls' which deserved a booking.

Smoke? not if you had to breath in the royal blue poison. Potassium nitrate is irritating to the skin, lungs and digestive tract.

Today just seemed flat, disappointing to only get a draw as Falkirk for all their possession never looked threatening when they had the ball. I thought Dowie was terrific today. The goal we scored was well worked and Gavin could be on course for a massive season with this. I thought we made our changes too early when we were in the ascendancy and Falkirk looked better when they brought on some pace but I'm shocked at how far they have went downhill. Disappointed Danny didn't put Leahy on toast more, he seemed a bit hesitant at times today.

At least we didn't lose the game from a dodgy penalty or a last minute winner but I'm growing to hate going to Falkirk.

The fannies with the flare are just tragic, aside from ruining it for other people, it doesn't improve the atmosphere, makes you look like a dick and not to mention looks fucking shite.

QoS had the better chances in the first half. Falkirk were better in the second. Good move and cut back for excellent side foot finish from Gav, giving Jamie no chance.

Falkirk could have scored at least a couple in the second half. Draw fair IMO.

Didn't realise equaliser was a crap deflection. Thought it was a well worked free kick. Must go to Specsavers!

Oh yeah, eta manager(?) subbed the goal maker and scorer almost immediately. Didn't improve the performance. Did McIntyre phone?

Not sure exactly what people are expecting? Some kind of sweeping sea change? I thought we did ok today. Not our best performance ever but we worked hard and deserved a draw. A wee bit unlucky not to win but we've been through three managers since we last got a point at Falkirk so it was a better return than usual.

Fowler has been in charge for less than a week and, apart from McShane and himself who both missed the game at Ibrox, had no extra players available from the squad. We were never likely to see any revolutionary change. Besides which, the previous tactics and team were not doing badly at all.

My comments werent meant as a criticism, I didnt really think it came across as such.

When I said he didnt give the Board an easy decision, all I meant was that had we won the game comfortably it would have been an easier decision to give him the job. I made the point about it being McIntyres team and McIntyres tactics for exactly the reasons you point out - it was always going to be like that. Same with the comment about continuity. That is a far less risky choice than bringing in a new manager.

Archived