Raith Rovers v Buddy can you spare a dime?

If Ally had rested players leading up to the 2 cup games last season rather than going for his stupid unbeaten record, i believe we'd have played better.

Thankfully our 35-man squad allowed Grant Murray's rotation policy to be in full order for the final. Probably why we won, with our plumber centre half winning man of the match.

We'll probably lose this, our defence is nowhere near strong enough to keep Rangers out. Perry will likely be at blame for at least one.

Having said that there's nothing stopping us scoring either. Hope to see Vaughan start regardless of whether Nade is fit again or not. Doubt it though - personally would guess Elliot and Stewart will be the front two.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my opinion you cannot change a winning squad, regardless of opposition, so the team that beat cowden should start vs rangers.

anyone who is recovring from njury should only make the bench and not be rushed into a start.

play the guys that are full of confidance after a convincing win, especially stewart and vaughan.

we showed rangers in the final that if you play into the feet of our own strikers then rangers defence cannot handle it, playing vaughan and stewart will do just that. play elliot and nade and it will be long punts upfeild with no end product as thats whats happened previsouly

No. The comment you were replying too never mentioned the cost of a player, only the calibre of player. If Moshni is regarded as a lower end Premier play then you should have waited until you were around that level, not league 1.

No. My comment was about staying within the 30% of the income, so the cost of a players salary would obviously need to come into consideration.

I disagree that Rangers should not have paid lower end Premiership salaries, whether they be in the Championship, League One or the 3rd Division. After all, they would still have been bringing in more money than all six lower end Premiership teams combined.

No. My comment was about staying within the 30% of the income, so the cost of a players salary would obviously need to come into consideration.

I disagree that Rangers should not have paid lower end Premiership salaries, whether they be in the Championship, League One or the 3rd Division. After all, they would still have been bringing in more money than all six lower end Premiership teams combined.

Isn't the reason Rangers are in trouble is that you have been paying Premiership wages whilst being in the lower leagues?

Rangers could have sauntered through league 1 and 2 with a fraction of the outlay.

Isn't the reason Rangers are in trouble is that you have been paying Premiership wages whilst being in the lower leagues?

Rangers could have sauntered through league 1 and 2 with a fraction of the outlay.

Are you being serious?

Why the additional dots? With a competent manager and a couple of senior players, they probably would have.

So first of all one Fifer claims we'd do it with our under 21's.

Then another Fifer claims we'd do it with an additional couple of senior players....

An experienced core of players backed up by youths was always my choice. Could you imagine sending a youth team out in the 3rd, they'd last about 5 minutes lol

Sadly, I can't make it to this game, but I would feel a bit uneasy about it. Given the independence referendum slant the game will probably have.

Gordon Brown wont be happy with you

I just hope we don't lie down to Sevco like we did against Hearts, that has to be drummed into them. I've got a few English mates betting against us with correct scores. If we lose, I just hope it's not a humping.

Have a look at Gretna's budget when they stormed through the leagues. Thats the kind of money you should have been aiming to spend whilst outside the SPL.

If they did that and didn't get promoted one year the backlash would have been unbelievable. We will maybe still see it this year if Hearts go straight up and Rangers don't go up via the playoffs.

On a side note, a lot of people seem to forget that they did use a lot of young players in the 1st season. McKay, Crawford, Aird, Perry, Naismith etc. Still an absolute joke the way 'the journey' has went though.

I just hope we don't lie down to Sevco like we did against Hearts, that has to be drummed into them. I've got a few English mates betting against us with correct scores. If we lose, I just hope it's not a humping.

I don't think we could be much worse than we were against Hearts.

I really hope we don't throw Nade in straight away. Anyone know if Elliot is fit yet?

I don't think we could be much worse than we were against Hearts.

I really hope we don't throw Nade in straight away. Anyone know if Elliot is fit yet?

He came on with about 10 mins to go against Cowdenbeath.. So I would say yes.

I don't think he should start on Friday though. After both Vaughan and Stewart scoring against Cowden, that should be the front pairing we should start with..

Archived