Raith Rovers v Buddy can you spare a dime?

Got a personal invite from my good mate Zenny, so i eventually found it.

As long as Ally plays his best team, doesn't try and shoe-horn players left, right and centre, then i reckon we could get a result.

Oh and we play the baw on the deck and actually pass it..

I hope that Moshni keeps good health up to this Friday, not even a fucking paper cut.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a personal invite from my good mate Zenny, so i eventually found it.

As long as Ally plays his best team, doesn't try and shoe-horn players left, right and centre, then i reckon we could get a result.

Oh and we play the baw on the deck and actually pass it..

I look forward to seeing McCoist trying to play football. Won't happen. The boy loves hoofball.

They'll likely be up for this one with revenge on their minds after we deprived them of a 'double' at Easter Road. I so it'll be bad news - one thing we cant cope with is a motivated team, as an average Dunfermline showed.

I hope that Moshni keeps good health up to this Friday, not even a fucking paper cut.

Who is in the Raith defence? They've done well against Dumbarton, Alloa and Cowdenbeath but Hearts and Dundee absolutely wiped the floor with them?

Raith would probably improve with Mohsni in their defence. But I suppose criticising the guy is the cool thing to do these days.. which would be fine if the one's criticising actually supported a team with better defenders! :)

He won't be part of Rangers' Premiership team as he lacks consistency.. But I don't believe for a second he wouldn't be good signing for other Championship teams like Raith, Falkirk, QotS etc. Even Hibs. Maybe one of them will be lucky enough to get him on loan when Rangers get promoted. Ha! :)

Who is in the Raith defence? They've done well against Dumbarton, Alloa and Cowdenbeath but Hearts and Dundee absolutely wiped the floor with them?

Raith would probably improve with Mohsni in their defence. But I suppose criticising the guy is the cool thing to do these days.. which would be fine if the one's criticising actually supported a team with better defenders! :)

He won't be part of Rangers' Premiership team as he lacks consistency.. But I don't believe for a second he wouldn't be good signing for other Championship teams like Raith, Falkirk, QotS etc. Even Hibs. Maybe one of them will be lucky enough to get him on loan when Rangers get promoted. Ha! :)

A lot of Rovers supporters probably think of the final when they think of Mohsni.

He was hilariously bad then but I suppose it's a bit dodgy to judge a player on the basis of one game.

A lot of Rovers supporters probably think of the final when they think of Mohsni.

He was hilariously bad then but I suppose it's a bit dodgy to judge a player on the basis of one game.

He's made mistakes in other games as well. He almost gifted Falkirk a goal for example due to a weak pass-back to the goalkeeper allowing a Falkirk player a golden opportunity to score. That said, most of his mistakes are poor passing and giving the ball away too cheaply. Rarely do players actually get past him though and he'll clear balls into the box all day long. Challenging for headers is best his attribute, which is why he's been able to add goals to his game too.

Defensively, he's actually a good player. Going forward, which defenders do a lot at Rangers, is where he makes his mistakes. This would be less of a problem at other clubs where defenders are expected to stay back. The only part of going forward he does well is going up for a Rangers corner. And he does that very well to be fair to him.

He's a lower end Premiership quality player, which is not what Rangers need. But I just don't get the logic of fans of certain clubs criticising him when he'd walk into their defence.

Ross Perry:(

He's made mistakes in other games as well. He almost gifted Falkirk a goal for example due to a weak pass-back to the goalkeeper allowing a Falkirk player a golden opportunity to score. That said, most of his mistakes are poor passing and giving the ball away too cheaply. Rarely do players actually get past him though and he'll clear balls into the box all day long. Challenging for headers is best his attribute, which is why he's been able to add goals to his game too.

Defensively, he's actually a good player. Going forward, which defenders do a lot at Rangers, is where he makes his mistakes. This would be less of a problem at other clubs where defenders are expected to stay back. The only part of going forward he does well is going up for a Rangers corner. And he does that very well to be fair to him.

He's a lower end Premiership quality player, which is not what Rangers need. But I just don't get the logic of fans of certain clubs criticising him when he'd walk into their defence.

Absolutely, Rangers should have waited till they got nearer the lower end of the premier league, before looking to sign that calibre of player..

Absolutely, Rangers should have waited till they got nearer the lower end of the premier league, before looking to sign that calibre of player..

It all depends on how much of a weekly salary the club can pay without going above 30% of income. The division Rangers are in doesn't really matter in that respect.

It all depends on how much of a weekly salary the club can pay without going above 30% of income. The division Rangers are in doesn't really matter in that respect.

^^^ misses the point completely then tries to preach financial fair play...

So much fail.

Aren't you boys still shipping cash at an alarming rate and struggling with another share issue. Regardless of the 30% and FFP you can't afford him.

^^^ misses the point completely then tries to preach financial fair play...

So much fail.

You seem to have missed the point. My statement had nothing to do with financial fair play. Financial fair play isn't even something I agree with.

My point was it doesn't really matter what division a team is in, as long as the weekly salary is around 30% of income they shouldn't have any problems functioning without building up debt.

That's a fair comment, is it not?

You seem to have missed the point. My statement had nothing to do with financial fair play. Financial fair play isn't even something I agree with.

My point was it doesn't really matter what division a team is in, as long as the weekly salary is around 30% of income they shouldn't have any problems functioning without building up debt.

Not really. Total outgoings being less than total incomings is the way to be sustainable and avoid building up debt. Percentage of income to wages is irrelevant. Are you talking player wages, managers, officials or all if the above? Soft loans ( or any loans for that matter) from directors that don't have a reasonably predictable ROI that increases revenue don't count as incomings as they increase outgoings and put said club in a worse position if you want to be simplistic about it. You can also say the same about rights issues.

Of all fans surely Rangers fans should see this. Pity the people that run your club don't.

If Ally had rested players leading up to the 2 cup games last season rather than going for his stupid unbeaten record, i believe we'd have played better.

If Ally had rested players leading up to the 2 cup games last season rather than going for his stupid unbeaten record, i believe we'd have played better.

If only he had a squad of players to choose from. No way could he have rested players and remained unbeaten in league 1.

Your club is pi55ing money it doesn't have down a drain, trying to show it is still Billy big baws.

Whilst we are in one place, seems a mixed view from Rangers fans over Barrie McKay going on loan to us ? A lot on Twitter calling McCoist all the c***s under the sun for loaning him as opposed to playing him ... Any Gers fans on here got any input into him good/bad/average/etc ? Ill assume he cant play against use lot for us this weekend, but should he do a good job !?

As for the score this is a game that really depends what Raith & Rangers turn up ... Both teams play good/great or absolutely woefully sh**e, never a in-between ... Judging by our showings V "Bigger Clubs" this season i think Rangers will nick this unfortunately !

No. The comment you were replying too never mentioned the cost of a player, only the calibre of player. If Moshni is regarded as a lower end Premier play then you should have waited until you were around that level, not league 1.

McCoists constant use of a hammer to crack a nut simply shows him up for the useless manager he is and is undoubtedly a major factor in your clubs current financial state.

Archived