Raith Rovers v Buddy can you spare a dime?

Regarding the songs, I heard a few negative ones about Alex Salmond and Independence. Which whilst topical, were hardly likely to wind up the home support since its likely that a good percent of Raith fans, a) think Salmond is a bell end and b) will be voting no..

The only people that got wound up by that were the usual rent-a-rage mob down the front of the south stand. To be fair, they also got wound up when moshni smiled and waved at them!

Guy behind me didn't like GSTQ though, didn't mind the chants about bobby sands or the like, but GSTQ prompted him to call the gets fans "scumbags"! Says more about him than anything else.

I was more concerned about getting wound up with how pish the rovers were. Again.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways, back to the football... Raith were shit today weren't they?....Are Raith fans happy with the quality of the team given the club is making a lot more money at the moment? Or is the strategy just to finish ahead of Cowdenbeath and Alloa and that's it?..

Mixture across the board really ... Murry could have won 5 from 5 opening this campaign and some fans would still have wanted him out ... Others where giving him the first few games and others where on my side of the fence where I said I was open to giving him the first round of fixtures, however being drubbed 4-0 from 3 bigger clubs like yourselves, Hearts and Dundee is highly unacceptable, especially the manner of the performances.

1000000% the ambition of this club is to finish above the part timers, which is one thing I'm certainly not happy about, I definitely don't expect us to challenge for promotion, or even make the promotion play-offs, but I wouldn't mind a solid mid table finish ... I suppose the games Vs Livi/QOS/Falkirk will make or break us and probably his fate !

On another note, re-watched the game on BT this morning from my recording planner thinghymabob ... We looked absolutely gassed and out of puff by the 55th minute ? Also the space between the DF-MF then MF-ST is absolutely unbelievable, Gers players could have been making lunch in the middle of that park ... Do we even train ?

Guy behind me didn't like GSTQ though, didn't mind the chants about bobby sands or the like, but GSTQ prompted him to call the gets fans "scumbags"! Says more about him than anything else.

Might have been myself as I remember calling them scumbags during a rendition of that abhorrent anthem.

I think the majority of them are scumbags even when they aren't singing that song though to be fair.

Do you sit with the guy who was (understandably to be fair) going absolutely fucking bananas to the extent that his Mum had to tell him to chill out?

Well at least Eric Drysdale and his family are still alive and Starks isn't a crater in the ground.

I heard at the game that we weren't going to be replacing Paul Smith this season? If it's true then we have a management team of defenders that can't get the team to defend. Ross Perry and McKeown were guff and Thomson gave away possession for the 2nd goal. A bunch of injuries to the squad and we're down to a bench of kids and half fit players. Our problems are obvious, fix them pls.

On the plus side I thought Laidlaw was fantastic and if it wasn't for him and fat Kris Boyd it could've been 7, 8 or 9 nil. Vaughn had a couple great touches in the 1st half too, it's a shame they cottoned on to the fact that he was our only outfield player with a bit of spark to make something happen and then completely marked him out the game.

Whilst it was Thomson's pass that gave the ball away for the second goal, he's far from the only culprit. We took possession of the ball in the left back area, with McKeown facing forwards, ball at his feet, under no pressure. He knocked it sideways to Perry, who knocked it sideways to Watson, who knocked it sideways to Thomson. Rangers, unsurprisingly, cottoned on to the pattern and had two men closing Thomson before he'd even received the pass.

Launching the ball up the park isn't pretty, but it's preferable to inviting the opposition up the park by playing lateral balls across the back four with no purpose.

Perry was fucking tragic years ago when he was at Falkirk - a panic buy due to injuries that we'd have probably in hindsight been as well without. Sadly, McKeown was signed under the impression he would be good, but he's almost as bad.

We were shite last night an absolute disgrace to the jersey and the club.Some of the players either need to get their fingers out or pack their bags and leave because these half hearted performances are not good enough.Rangers could have scored 10 or 11 and we never got near them apart from the first 5 or 10 mins.Mohsni is pish and it is good to see that the rangers fans havent changed their songbook over the years.

Was there really a lack of effort last night? We were technically inferior, and made daft mistakes both individually and systemically, but I don't think there was anyone who wasn't putting a shift in.

There wasn't anyone running around clattering people and picking up daft bookings, but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing.

Whilst it was Thomson's pass that gave the ball away for the second goal, he's far from the only culprit. We took possession of the ball in the left back area, with McKeown facing forwards, ball at his feet, under no pressure. He knocked it sideways to Perry, who knocked it sideways to Watson, who knocked it sideways to Thomson. Rangers, unsurprisingly, cottoned on to the pattern and had two men closing Thomson before he'd even received the pass.

I said this as soon as they scored. It wasn't even quick crisp passing as each player took several ponderous touches. It was just so obvious what we were doing. Not to mention that when Black got the ball he could have been Dr Who with all the time and space he had to have a shot. Yes it was deflected but that's we deserved by having no desire to close him down.

As for the arguments "it's Hearts and Rangers" just look what Dumbarton did today and how Falkirk played against Rangers. it can't be acceptable to keep losing 4-0 (4 going on 8 in both matches) in those games and use the opposition as an excuse.

Finally the board...well they have lied to the fans. As for someone like Eric Drysdale he only cares about power and his new position on the SPFL Board. I was told by someone it took months for Rovers to get an agreement with Kingdom FM when every other sports team in Fife had already done so and that basically the Rovers "didn't have a clue".

So, excluding Cup matches how many League points have we picked up since the turn of the year??

Whether technically inferior or not against Ra gers, our form against, arguably similar "class" opposition is very poor!!

Since playing Dundee on 2nd Jan 2014 we have played 23 League Games, so 69 points have been available ....

Over this period we have had 6 Wins (18 Points) Vs Morton, Alloa (x2), QOS, Dumbarton & Cowdung and 4 Draws (4 Points) Vs Morton, Dumbarton, Alloa & Dundee.

Long story short, League Campaign from Jan 2nd = 69 Points available and we have taken 22 Points ...

Make of that what you will :P

Since playing Dundee on 2nd Jan 2014 we have played 23 League Games, so 69 points have been available ....

Over this period we have had 6 Wins (18 Points) Vs Morton, Alloa (x2), QOS, Dumbarton & Cowdung and 4 Draws (4 Points) Vs Morton, Dumbarton, Alloa & Dundee.

Long story short, League Campaign from Jan 2nd = 69 Points available and we have taken 22 Points ...

Make of that what you will :P

Cheers man!!

Pretty crap record really and that in spite of Grant Murray's " we learn and move forward" usual post match comments!

Maybe time Grant moved on, nice guy and all that but we really need to improve quickly, otherwise we'll be in another relegation mix very soon

Happy with the result and the performance, though in truth Raith absolutely flattered us, they were a shadow of the team that dug in and fought while giving nothing away in the cup final, it was a poor error strewn performance lacking in confidence or ideas which left me feeling somewhat disappointed as I had been expecting a better game.

Black had an absolutely brilliant match, nothing fancy, nice and simple with bags of anticipation and none of the afters, Wallace showed his class and Macleod once again showed what a talent he is despite being out of position, absolutely loved the pace with which we terrorised the Raith midfield and back lines and once again excellent work rate from an unselfish Boyd, even Moshni avoided making an arse of himself.

Lastly, thank god Ross Perry no longer plays for us.

It was Black that made all the difference when he came on against QoS and turned the game for us. I think it was Bennett that summed it up...It is when Black isn't playing you see how much he gives to the team.

It was a comfortable win in the end and should have been even more comfortable as the scoreline flatters Raith Rovers and for a change i take no pleasure in saying that about an opposition. If Murray is to go i think Danny Lennon is a great shout.

As far as the singing goes. Anybody that gets upset at the singing of their own National Anthem is the one with the problem i am afraid. The same goes to any Rangers supporter that gets upset when opponents sing TFS.

As far as the singing goes. Anybody that gets upset at the singing of their own National Anthem is the one with the problem i am afraid. The same goes to any Rangers supporter that gets upset when opponents sing TFS.

If you were to start singing Flower of Scotland( our national anthem), I'm sure there wouldn't be a single person complaining about that..hell..I would have probably joined in.

Not once did I hear you lot singing our national anthem though so the Quoted point from your post really becomes invalid.

If you were to start singing Flower of Scotland( our national anthem), I'm sure there wouldn't be a single person complaining about that..hell..I would have probably joined in.

Not once did I hear you lot singing our national anthem though so the Quoted point from your post really becomes invalid.

But No8 was talking about opposition fans singing the national anthem so I'm not sure why his point becomes invalid because Rangers fans weren't singing it. He never said they were, after all.

Point being, if anyone one at a Scottish football stadium gets angry due to people singing God Save the Queen or Flower of Scotland then maybe it is them who actually has the problem. And I agree with him on that one.

Even as an Englishman I do not get offended by Flower of Scotland. In fact, I've even sang it many times, most notably at the Premier League darts which was an awesome atmosphere. :)

Why on earth would anyone get offended by God Save the Queen being sung? Is that a normal thing, or is it just in the current environment?

They were singing a lot worse than that, that's for sure. I'm not one to get bothered by songs at all but walking back up the road was a bit of an eye opener for me!

Archived