What's the point in life?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Galaxy minstrels are good but not the ones you get in revels they are manky. Those seashell chocolates are the worst guyillian or something

Never had the Guyillian ones, but I've seen them and they look wanky. The kind of thing that you might receive in a Secret Santa present that someone has bought from Poundland. I fucking hate Ferrero Rocher. A triumph for advertising over taste.

Never had the Guyillian ones, but I've seen them and they look wanky. The kind of thing that you might receive in a Secret Santa present that someone has bought from Poundland. I fucking hate Ferrero Rocher. A triumph for advertising over taste.

:o

Just, fucking, :o

I'm kind of stuck in my job because I earn more than I could anywhere else. I've been looking at doing a OU course just for something to do but I don't have a clue what to do. I think because my life is boring and I've seen a few people die in the past month it's got me worried

Cracking idea. Started a part-time one myself two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had to take a break last year because my brain doesn't work as well as it used to, but I'm hoping that I can give it another crack in October. Just try and stay ahead of the game so it doesn't overwhelm you. Still time to get it done for this year if you can find something interesting in the catalogue.

Still know all the words to The Chicken Song :P

Think I've still got the 7" kicking around somewhere, with the song about having never met a nice South African on the reverse. Always makes me think of Eugene Terre'Blanche.

The point of life is that it's a whole lot bloody better than the alternative.

Plus, the alternative is inevitable and unknown - might as well try to make a fist of what we've got.

Cracking idea. Started a part-time one myself two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had to take a break last year because my brain doesn't work as well as it used to, but I'm hoping that I can give it another crack in October. Just try and stay ahead of the game so it doesn't overwhelm you. Still time to get it done for this year if you can find something interesting in the catalogue.

What course are you doing?

I'm finding it hard to decide to pick.

I see your ferrero rocher and raise you AFTER EIGHTS. They are cheap,nastey and for poor people

There is no point. Life is a meaningless random thing, and can be a bitter, horrible experience as a result. So, you've two options: delusion or self-fulfilment. Or suicide, but that's a poor choice if you've ever experienced any joy in life, as it always comes back again if you wait long enough.

Pretty much this. There is no point in life and our consciousness is simply a result of random chance.

As a result, you might as well try to enjoy it as much as you can.

Come on then, put forward your case for Ferrero Rocher. If that Ambassador served up that muck to me he'd be in danger of finding a half-chewed one on his carpet.

Alright. I refuse to do the same for Guylian, which is just shaped chocolate. Delicious, delicious shaped chocolate. Either you like their mixture, or you are a lunatic don't.
First of all, each Rocher is covered in crushed hazelnuts. CRUSHED. FUCKING. HAZELNUTS. How awesome do you have to be to crush hazelnuts with your bear* hands? Seriously fucking awesome in my book. Chew off those delicious nutty b*****ds and revel in the crunchy magnificence.
Next up is a thin layer of chocolate. There's a lake of cocoa goodness coming; you know it, we all know it, but Mr Rocher decides to cocktease us with a little taste of the good stuff. HOLY SHITBALLS. By now you're sporting a semi, and couldn't possibly deny the effect that this spherical orb of The Lord is having on you. Rub your tongue over that bad boy like it's your maw's knickers - you know what I'm talking about, you deviant.
We've arrived at the crispy wafer ball that contains the joy within. Don't panic if you've soiled yourself - there are fresh panties in the drawer. Do you dare crack the surface, flooding your mouth with pure liquid orgasm ? Maybe it's best to suck on it a while longer, enjoying the texture of a rough ball in your mouth. Not like it's the first time.
Then, suddenly, WHOOSH! OhGodit'stoomuchchocolateyspoogeeverywhere! When you wake up, your tastebuds are coated with a thick hazelnut cocoa goo, easily the finest thing they've experienced since your father died.
That's assuming you wake up at all - Mr Rocher has included a whole hazelnut in the centre, which you may have choked to death on. JESUS HAIRYTITS CHRIST. This alchemical miracle is SO delicious that the Maker TRIES TO KILL YOU, knowing that everything in your miserable life will be a huge disappointment afterwards! Get another one stuffed in your pie hole immediately - if the nut doesn't get you this time, the stroke brought on by so much transcendental happiness ought to do the job.
* Yeah, I said 'bear'. Mr Rocher has the hands of a bear. What do you think will happen when you tell Ferrero Rocher that you don't like his life's work? You'll be dead, torn to shreds by the lethal claws adorning his massive bear hands. Try dissing the man's confectionary now. Tit.

I see your ferrero rocher and raise you AFTER EIGHTS. They are cheap,nastey and for poor people

Meh, you're only supposed to have one. Forcing someone to eat a whole box would be a precursor to an evening of malicious entertainment akin to torture though.

Guest The Phoenix

Speaking of After Eight mints, I'll tell you what's bloody annoying - opening up the box and finding all the wrappers in place with barely any feckin' mints left.

Archived