What's the point in life?

Everything revolves around money. I earn a good wage for what I do but I either never have time to enjoy it or I'm tired after doing 5,6 sometimes 7 12 hour shifts per week. No job is enjoyable the best you can hope for is something that won't crush your soul as soon as you start. Some mornings I'm physically sick before work and when I get there I have people talking to me like a dog or assaulting me. I liked when I was a kid I could play all day have a laugh and not worry if my work are happy with me because if they ain't bye bye nice things hello job centre super noodles and Jeremy Kyle

Dude, I hope this is just the bevvy talking, life has it's ups and downs, I'm guessing you're just on a bit of a down at the moment, you know it's not all shit, the next up is on the way. Its not all bad mate and you can change some things, maybe not all at once but its a process. I hope you're in a happier place tomorrow morning mate.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked in Shitty jobs back home for many years. Mortgage, gym, TV every night, football at the weekend and a two week package holiday. Was highly fucked off with it. So 10 years ago, got on opportunity to work overseas for a year in Hungary. Took it, worked there, then Canada (which was shit), back to Hungary for another 5 years, Russia, China, Vietnam and now in The Philippines. Don't own a TV, work for myself. Have little to no money. No idea my future other than, if I go back to the UK, it would be kicking and screaming. I haven't had a proper holiday in 10 years, but don't want one, just travel as and when I please.

It is far from bliss, it brings with it many problems and certainly not excluded from bouts of depression when going through some problems (and they are plenty of them in Asia) but I have traveled extensively, met some great people and some really insane people. So life doesn't have to be work, sleep and die. It's your life, no ones else's. Live your own life.

Life seems pointless all that most people do is work and then have 5-10years of gardening or coach tours, Then get flung in a shit care home to piss and shit themselves, all life is is work sleep work sleep 2 shit days off you spend dreading going back to work. It's shit

Your life shouldn't feel pointless, you are a father. Make the most of what you have.

Life seems pointless all that most people do is work and then have 5-10years of gardening or coach tours, Then get flung in a shit care home to piss and shit themselves, all life is is work sleep work sleep 2 shit days off you spend dreading going back to work. It's shit

You need a hug mate? :)

You need a hug mate? :)
As long as your hands don't wonder :D
Get a new job and/or do more things you enjoy in evenings/weekends.
I'm kind of stuck in my job because I earn more than I could anywhere else. I've been looking at doing a OU course just for something to do but I don't have a clue what to do. I think because my life is boring and I've seen a few people die in the past month it's got me worried

Everything revolves around money. I earn a good wage for what I do but I either never have time to enjoy it or I'm tired after doing 5,6 sometimes 7 12 hour shifts per week. No job is enjoyable the best you can hope for is something that won't crush your soul as soon as you start. Some mornings I'm physically sick before work and when I get there I have people talking to me like a dog or assaulting me. I liked when I was a kid I could play all day have a laugh and not worry if my work are happy with me because if they ain't bye bye nice things hello job centre super noodles and Jeremy Kyle

'With water to drink, coarse rice to eat and my bended arm for a pillow, I shall have joy amidst all things. Riches gained by immoral means are to me as a floating cloud' - confucius.

See, you've missed out kids. Get yourself some kids!

You've also missed out school, then the fun part of life from 18-35, where you just drink, f**k, fight, go holidays and watch football.

Fill that void with the love of The Rovers.

Good call! He stays right next to Starks!

I hadn't picked up that Cracowjambo had a kid. Maybe he's just going through that transitional period from having loads of time, to having a kid(s) and having no free time. Acceptance of this new way of life is the key. Once the kid(s) are 2 they become more interesting. They're like real people then. Great fun.

I've a 6 month old with the cold, who has kept us up all night and who is now asleep on top of me. The 4 year old and 2 year old are watching the Disney version of Tarzan and playing with their toys. This is the new norm.

Coffee ones are great. I can't wait for the day I get a bag of revels and the manky maltesser and minstrel ones are out numbered by coffee ones.

I won't hear a word against Minstrels. Finest chocolate going. Take back that slur! I don't mind coffee ones, as it goes.

I tried the Marks & Spencer Fairtrade chocolate and it was shite. Needed some more unhealthy shit in it to make it taste good.

I won't hear a word against Minstrels. Finest chocolate going. Take back that slur! I don't mind coffee ones, as it goes.

I tried the Marks & Spencer Fairtrade chocolate and it was shite. Needed some more unhealthy shit in it to make it taste good.

Galaxy minstrels are good but not the ones you get in revels they are manky. Those seashell chocolates are the worst guyillian or something

Archived