What's the point in life?

Life seems pointless all that most people do is work and then have 5-10years of gardening or coach tours, Then get flung in a shit care home to piss and shit themselves, all life is is work sleep work sleep 2 shit days off you spend dreading going back to work. It's shit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life seems pointless all that most people do is work and then have 5-10years of gardening or coach tours, Then get flung in a shit care home to piss and shit themselves, all life is is work sleep work sleep 2 shit days off you spend dreading going back to work. It's shit

There is no point. Life is a meaningless random thing, and can be a bitter, horrible experience as a result. So, you've two options: delusion or self-fulfilment. Or suicide, but that's a poor choice if you've ever experienced any joy in life, as it always comes back again if you wait long enough.

There is no point. Life is a meaningless random thing, and can be a bitter, horrible experience as a result. So, you've two options: delusion or self-fulfilment. Or suicide, but that's a poor choice if you've ever experienced any joy in life, as it always comes back again if you wait long enough.

I achieved self-fulfilment about three months ago. Or am I deluding myself?

Quite nice until you eat a coffee one.

Coffee ones are great. I can't wait for the day I get a bag of revels and the manky maltesser and minstrel ones are out numbered by coffee ones.

You're right - there is no point to life. But, it doesn't have to be pointless.

Because life has no meaning, you have to give it meaning yourself - fucking well do what you enjoy as much as possible.

It does seem, though, that you need to do that in moderation, because, if you drink, f**k, eat, do drugs, etc, too much, you'll probably end up fucking it for yourself.

Sadly, it'll help if you have a few bob in your pocket, so you'll need to to something to earn a living - if you can find a way of making a living that you enjoy, you're pretty much half way there - at the very least, try to find something that you don't hate.

I wish I knew all this when I was 14, but, of course, I didn't. Worra c**t!

You're right - there is no point to life. But, it doesn't have to be pointless.

Because life has no meaning, you have to give it meaning yourself - fucking well do what you enjoy as much as possible.

It does seem, though, that you need to do that in moderation, because, if you drink, f**k, eat, do drugs, etc, too much, you'll probably end up fucking it for yourself.

Sadly, it'll help if you have a few bob in your pocket, so you'll need to to something to earn a living - if you can find a way of making a living that you enjoy, you're pretty much half way there - at the very least, try to find something that you don't hate.

I wish I knew all this when I was 14, but, of course, I didn't. Worra c**t!

Everything revolves around money. I earn a good wage for what I do but I either never have time to enjoy it or I'm tired after doing 5,6 sometimes 7 12 hour shifts per week. No job is enjoyable the best you can hope for is something that won't crush your soul as soon as you start. Some mornings I'm physically sick before work and when I get there I have people talking to me like a dog or assaulting me. I liked when I was a kid I could play all day have a laugh and not worry if my work are happy with me because if they ain't bye bye nice things hello job centre super noodles and Jeremy Kyle

Everything revolves around money. I earn a good wage for what I do but I either never have time to enjoy it or I'm tired after doing 5,6 sometimes 7 12 hour shifts per week. No job is enjoyable the best you can hope for is something that won't crush your soul as soon as you start. Some mornings I'm physically sick before work and when I get there I have people talking to me like a dog or assaulting me. I liked when I was a kid I could play all day have a laugh and not worry if my work are happy with me because if they ain't bye bye nice things hello job centre super noodles and Jeremy Kyle

You need to stop thinking about time (past and future) and try to live in the Now. You will enjoy life immeasurably more.

Ultimately it's all about enjoying yourself without making other people miserable.

As an atheist, I don't believe there is something after this life and as the human race will continue with or without you procreating and as there are so many things that can give you pleasure (oo-er, missus, but I also mean music, art, travel and learning as well as sex, drink and drugs) then the only conclusion I can come it is to simply just enjoy yourself. There is no deep mystery, no secret, no goal or plan, no fate, no pre-determined path to follow, what you see is definitely what you get.

So, whatever floats your boat, go float it. There is very little people can't do if they put their mind to it, and if you find yourself stuck in a rut you need to remember that in 6 months things will always look different.

Archived