Vote Yes and stop being the target of terrorism?

Casual Bystander

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is inductive of the British mentality, I'm happy that it is. I would hope that an independent Scotland wouldn't just sit back and cowardly watch on. Nothing to do with being world police.

There's f**k all cowardly about it.

Are you calling every country in the world who don't wade in cowards?

It's called knowing your limits. How can you justify invading other countries, sacrificing soldiers and spending millions doing so when there are starving people in your own country?

Oh yeah that's right... oil.

Get a grip.

So just ignore it all and watch as IS murder hundreds of people at a time. You might be comfortable with that, but I'd like to think most aren't.

The UK has managed to do it perfectly fine regarding other global conflicts away from the Middle East.

There's f**k all cowardly about it.

Are you calling every country in the world who don't wade in cowards?

It's called knowing your limits. How can you justify invading other countries, sacrificing soldiers and spending millions doing so when there are starving people in your own country?

Oh yeah that's right... oil.

Get a grip.

I didn't advocate invading other countries or sacrificing soldiers ffs! Any action against IS, in Iraq anyway, will be done with the agreement of the Iraqi government. Get off your high horse.

'Look after our own and f**k everyone else' is a terrible attitude to take IMO. Something the far right like the BNP also advocate.

Nice words and 'look at me', but total bollocks.

You are blinkered. Try actually reading what you and your fellow no supporters (note I don't say fellow no voters as we all know you don't have a vote) have actually alluded to.

You have Mr Bairn claiming that voting yes is a tacit approval of Al Qaeda, while the other Falkirk fan is claiming that an independent Scotland will be more likely to have home grown neo-fascist acts of terrorism, while you are calling an independent Scotland "cowardly" for not getting involved in military action that has no direct effect on Scotland.

When are we going to invade Sudan or every other African country that decides genocide is the order of the day ?

No natural resources you say ? Never mind then.

The US and the UK gov are the most hypocritical fucknuggets ever to grace this planet.

The US only launched a strike against ISIS once it was within touching distance of Erbil. You know, the city with all the oil companies. Never mind the months previously where they were allowed to sweep the country gaining in strength and cash and killing everyone in the process.

The UK and the US are only in it for themselves, all in the name of Democracy.

When are we going to invade Sudan or every other African country that decides genocide is the order of the day ?

The US and the UK gov are the most hypocritical fucknuggets ever to grace this planet.

The US only launched a strike against ISIS once it was within touching distance of Erbil. You know, the city with all the oil companies. Never mind the months previously where they were allowed to sweep the country gaining in strength and cash and killing everyone in the process.

This.

A billion times this. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a troop drop short of an invasion.

Remember the Danish newspaper cartoons about Mohammed? There was a furore all across the Middle East, which made Denmark a priority target for jihadists.

How many people have been killed by jihadists on Danish soil since then? One person. And he was an islamic extremist, shot by the police while he was attacking the home of a newspaper man.

All the other planned terror attacks in Denmark have been foiled before even coming close to an operational stage - by the police, not the army.

The simple fact is that wee cowardly non-interventionist Denmark has a far better record of protecting it's citizens from terrorism than the all-powerful world-policeman universal-surveillance-state UK does.

Denmark's military budget is about £2.5 billion per year. The military budget of an independent Scotland, under SNP plans, would be about the same. This didn't stop the Danish Air Force from flying more sorties over Libya than the RAF during the ouster of Gadaffi, with a higher success rate in hitting their targets too.

They lost a few folk in the Bali bombings, but I don't see how that can be blamed on Denmark's domestic security set-up.

Sudan has plenty of natural resources - mainly oil, and mainly in the South. They're sitting on Africa's third-biggest oil reserves.

That's why the US/UK/UN helped South Sudan to become an independent state a few years back. :angel

Sudan has plenty of natural resources - mainly oil, and mainly in the South. They're sitting on Africa's third-biggest oil reserves.

That's why the US/UK/UN helped South Sudan to become an independent state a few years back. :angel

Fair enough :lol:

Maybe that's why there's suddenly "terrorists" in Nigeria ? They have the most.

You are blinkered. Try actually reading what you and your fellow no supporters (note I don't say fellow no voters as we all know you don't have a vote) have actually alluded to.

You have Mr Bairn claiming that voting yes is a tacit approval of Al Qaeda, while the other Falkirk fan is claiming that an independent Scotland will be more likely to have home grown neo-fascist acts of terrorism, while you are calling an independent Scotland "cowardly" for not getting involved in military action that has no direct effect on Scotland.

No, I'm not blinkered. I don't speak on behalf of the 'no campaign' and I only stand by my own opinion.

My opinion is that simply sitting back and allowing thousands to be massacred when you have the wealth, the influence, and the ability to intervene to save lives is cowardly. It's not even anything to do with Yes or No, it's a simple opinion and it's not a blinkered view. If anything, your view that Scotland should just sit back and let it happen as it doesn't directly effect your country is blinkered. I'm not a fan of insular 'as long as we're alright' nationalist politics

No, I'm not blinkered. I don't speak on behalf of the 'no campaign' and I only stand by my own opinion.

My opinion is that simply sitting back and allowing thousands to be massacred when you have the wealth, the influence, and the ability to intervene to save lives is cowardly. It's not even anything to do with Yes or No, it's a simple opinion and it's not a blinkered view. If anything, your view that Scotland should just sit back and let it happen as it doesn't directly effect your country is blinkered. I'm not a fan of insular 'as long as we're alright' nationalist politics

:lol:

Deary me.

Tries to dismiss his war mongering tendencies by pointing out his mongering tendencies. Nice work. Thank God you don't live in this country, you suit England.

Actually,

2014 June - Sunni rebels led by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) surge out of Anbar Province to seize Iraq's second city of Mosul and other key towns. Tens of thousands flee amid reports of atrocities. Iran and the US offer assistance.

ISIS renames itself the Islamic State, declares Islamic caliphate covering Syria and Iraq.

2014 August - Islamic State conquers several Kurdish-held towns.

US jets strike jihadist positions.

:lol:

Deary me.

Tries to dismiss his war mongering tendencies by pointing out his mongering tendencies. Nice work. Thank God you don't live in this country, you suit England.

There was a Yes supporter on the previous page agreeing with the British governments stance on IS. It's not warmongering wanting your country to be involved in action around the world for humanitarian reasons.

Archived