Vote Yes and stop being the target of terrorism?

Casual Bystander

Surely killing a man in the name of Allah in a horrific manner in order to spread fear among believers in EXACTLY what Islamic terrorism is about?

As I say, such a shame, you were very fair minded at the start of this thread and then you descend into tomfoolery.

The killers of Mr Donald was convicted of a racially motivated murder, not under any terrorism law. While obviously a serious and concerning incident, I feel that the Procurator Fiscal would have a greater understanding of the motivations of the men than you do.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Donald certainly wasn't convicted of anything.

No indeed a typo, it was clearly meant to read "the killers of".

Nice if you to try and turn that terrorists into the good guys though. Disappointing that so many in the Yes campaign think extreme Islam is acceptable.

:lol:

And this is where you crossed the border from stupidity into utter farce. Well done. Clearly that is not what is going on.

Mr Donald certainly wasn't convicted of anything. Nice if you to try and turn that terrorists into the good guys though. Disappointing that so many in the Yes campaign think extreme Islam is acceptable.

For fux sake. If you think that is extreme Islam then I guess you better never visit Saudi.

Surely killing a man in the name of Allah in a horrific manner in order to spread fear among believers in EXACTLY what Islamic terrorism is about?

Tony Blair and George Bush have both stated that they went to war in the middle east because they knew it was what their god wanted.

Britain and the USA are terrorists.

You're still a twat.

Christ reading more about that case makes it sound even worse. Donald wasn't even part of thee hire gang that provoked Shahid and his accomplices at a nightclub, they murdered him BECAUSE he was white. If that isn't terrorism I don't know what is.

Clearly.

An iScotland's risk of terrorism would be dependent on our foreign policy AQ don't just attack random countries they attack countries that are involved in the Middle East we would only be a target if we continued to be involved in the Middle East. Yes we would be far from liked by them for our past involvement but despite our past UK connection it would be a really strange move for the likes of AQ to attack us if we have pulled our involvement in the area after independence as this would result in us then becoming involved in the area and sending troops. The whole point of attacks like the Bali bombing and Madrid bombing was to get these countries to remove their troops, assuming iScotland adopted a policy of non involvement attacking Scotland would be the exact opposite of their operating procedures as it would be counter productive to their aim AQ don't want to fight extra troops they may be extreme but they aren't stupid. However if we maintained an interest in the Gulf or backed rUK/USA we would be 100% fair game for them.

An iScotland's risk of terrorism would be dependent on our foreign policy AQ don't just attack random countries they attack countries that are involved in the Middle East we would only be a target if we continued to be involved in the Middle East. Yes we would be far from liked by them for our past involvement but despite our past UK connection it would be a really strange move for the likes of AQ to attack us if we have pulled our involvement in the area after independence as this would result in us then becoming involved in the area and sending troops. The whole point of attacks like the Bali bombing and Madrid bombing was to get these countries to remove their troops, assuming iScotland adopted a policy of non involvement attacking Scotland would be the exact opposite of their operating procedures as it would be counter productive to their aim AQ don't want to fight extra troops they may be extreme but they aren't stupid. However if we maintained an interest in the Gulf or backed rUK/USA we would be 100% fair game for them.

Taking away what has gone before, would you rather we (the west) have no involvement in the Middle East? Personally, I'd rather come from a country who tried to help those being persecuted by IS, than just sit back and say it isn't our problem.

Taking away what has gone before, would you rather we (the west) have no involvement in the Middle East? Personally, I'd rather come from a country who tried to help those being persecuted by IS, than just sit back and say it isn't our problem.

Thanks for actually reading what I wrote and realising it is not my personal opinion, I believe we should maintain some involvement which does keep us as a target however I do not support the blind following of the USA that Westminster does.

Archived