Pathetic Claims to Fame

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a kid I won a £1 postal order for having a letter published in " Charlie Buchans Football Monthly " ( Younger readers may have to google this! )

I was extolling the virtues of Queens over Carlisle United. This was the season Carlisle had been promoted to the old 1st. division.

The naivety of youth!!!

If we are talking PE teachers, for a while, mine was Innes McDonald, coach of Elgin City during their very successful 1960s period (including a Scottish Cup QF appearance).

Dougie Coulston played for Brechin at the same time he was a PE teacher at my school. He used to get me on any free guest list at games. :)

Among those to fail to teach me anything were Derek and John Whiteford, Airdrie, Falkirk, Dumbarton etc. Walter Clarke and Tommy Walker had a stab at educating me as well and were equally unsuccessful.

go to garrion academy by any chance?

I've been debating whether or not to post mine. At the time it was an amusing-ish anecdote, but, with hindsight it's a bit creepy!

About 6 or 7 years ago I was representing the company I work for at an exhibition at Saville's Hall in Leeds. Part way through, in waltzes (you've guessed it!) Jimmy Saville. I've no idea why he turned up, presumably because the hall was named after him and he could stroll in whenever he liked? Anyway, he made a bee-line for our stand. As we were clearly from Scotland, he took great delight in showing us, on a map, where his house in Glencoe was. He gave me the creeps and I was desperate to politely get rid of him, but my colleague was keen to get a pic with him. I quickly volunteered to take it, but as soon as I had taken it he insisted I get a picture with him too. I agreed, in the hope that he'd bugger off after that. As I smiled, through gritted teeth, he put his arm around me... And "accidentally" copped a feel.

As I said, I thought it was a funny story, at my expense, at the time...

I've been debating whether or not to post mine. At the time it was an amusing-ish anecdote, but, with hindsight it's a bit creepy!

About 6 or 7 years ago I was representing the company I work for at an exhibition at Saville's Hall in Leeds. Part way through, in waltzes (you've guessed it!) Jimmy Saville. I've no idea why he turned up, presumably because the hall was named after him and he could stroll in whenever he liked? Anyway, he made a bee-line for our stand. As we were clearly from Scotland, he took great delight in showing us, on a map, where his house in Glencoe was. He gave me the creeps and I was desperate to politely get rid of him, but my colleague was keen to get a pic with him. I quickly volunteered to take it, but as soon as I had taken it he insisted I get a picture with him too. I agreed, in the hope that he'd bugger off after that. As I smiled, through gritted teeth, he put his arm around me... And "accidentally" copped a feel.

As I said, I thought it was a funny story, at my expense, at the time...

*shudder*

Too late to put a claim in?

After reading this thread, I feel very let down by the quality of PE teachers at my school. All they ever did was bang one of the female teachers in the shower between classes :angry:

After reading this thread, I feel very let down by the quality of PE teachers at my school. All they ever did was bang one of the female teachers in the shower between classes :angry:

One of ours left his missus for a 19 year old ballet dancer who had attended our school.

Guy was a p***k, but you have to grudgingly give him kudos for that.

PE teacher at my school was well-known for his relationships with attractive recently-ex-pupils.

Ex-Aberdeen stalwart Billy Little, who went on to manage Falkirk and the Shire, was an English teacher at my school.

Archived