Pathetic Claims to Fame

Ex-Hibs and Ross County player Kurtis Bryne used to be in my work regularly when I worked in a shop. Nice chap. Was Red Bull daft.

He gave this girl I worked with a signed pair of his boots at Christmas time. I think he wanted to shag her.

Held the door open for Kurtis Byrne at Bar-B-Q King in Leven a few years ago. Seemed to be a regular the way the owner recited his order back to him before he'd even said it. Half pound cheeseburger, Pink burger sauce, lettuce and grated carrot.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remembered that the drummer from Terrorvision bought me a pint in the cathouse once

I got the band to sign my t in the park cup at a signing session at the aforementioned festival. Gave it to shutty to complete the set and he fucked off with it.

Also saw them at the Barrowlands and he threw a drumstick into the crowd which hit me a belter on the forehead.

Years later I randomly met them coming off a flight from London. They were in Glasgow to get interviewed for some short lived Scottish late evening talk show (which for some reason I seem to remember Jim White presenting but I may be making that bit up) and told shutty about what he's done. He said he remembered the drumstick incident cos he was trying to hit Leigh with it and he'd ducked out the way. He also apologised, which was nice of him.

Last I heard he was selling interactive whiteboards to schools in the Leeds area.

I put the shaggers into James McAvoy's sister Joy a good few year ago.

Wid.

Clint Boon once threatened to "knock my f*cking head off" after I walked straight up to a bar and got served immediately when he had been waiting a while, at a pub in Edinburgh.

I served a cup of tea to the girl off River City with the doric accent.

I helped lose Morton the league that year they blew the massive lead.

Aly Bain, Shetland music legend, is my cousin.

Allan Wells, Scottish sporting legend, is my wife's cousin.

Sean Lineen, Scottish ruby legend, stayed in my house once.

My wife has an album of photos from when we were at University and in one photo of a night out some guy photobombed the picture. Turns out he was subsequently convicted of rape and made the news when he disappeared before he could be deported after completing his sentence.

I've been told that my Grandad is some sort of distant cousin to Phil Cunningham. He's never met him though.

My main one is winning a competition run by Hearts about 10 years ago to have lunch with two of the playing squad. Whoever bought the new home top at the time got entered into the draw and Craig Levein picked my name out the hat. Was meant to be with Steven Pressley and Antti Niemi, but we sold Niemi to Southampton before the arranged date so I got to pick someone else. It was just after the 'original' 5-1 derby so I picked four goal hero Mark de Vries. I got a half day from school to go, got to ask them loads of questions and ended up on the front page of the Pink Newspaper. I also got defeated by a bowl of spaghetti bolognese. Brilliant day.

I went through primary and secondary school with Cowdenbeath midfielder Kyle Miller.

Hearts centre half Brad McKay was in the year below me at secondary school.

Few of the teachers at the above secondary school were involved in football over the years. Ex St Mirren and Alloa manager Tom Hendrie was and I believe still is a Maths teacher there. One of the guidance teachers when I was there, Sam Lynch, was on the Spartans coaching staff for years. Mike Irving, current depute headteacher, was once a coach at Arsenal Ladies.

Danny Grainger accused me of stealing his wallet in an Edinburgh nightclub toilet the night after the 5-1 cup final. He was steaming and I definitely didn't steal his wallet.

My uncle is good mates with Stephen Gallacher and works for his foundation.

My mate's bird's dad used to be on the books at Hibs. Never played for the first team though.

My dad picked up Gary Caldwell and Lee Wallace when he used to drive private hire cabs. He said Lee Wallace was as thick as ****. He also witnessed Alan McLaren get steaming in the pub the night before a Hearts game. At said game, he shouted something about it at McLaren when he ran past and McLaren told him to **** off :lol:.

Got my photo taken with Tim Vine at the festival a couple of years ago.

I'm sure there's a couple more that I've forgotten about.

My uncle Peter brutally murdered 16 women across the north of england in the late 70's and early 80's

He doesnt make it to many family occasions now but we still have a chuckle about him

But you invented weetabix so there's a better claim to fame

Archived