Clyde v Berwick

Are you not thinking of rules for English football when you say he'll miss three games?

On the red card Currie must have thought he had some amazing ability that let him run straight through opponents. After that he's possibly trying to stay up by holding onto O'Donnell as they fall and grabs him round the shoulder/neck making it look worse. At the time I thought that Currie hit him when they landed but that's not clear on the video. Ref had already made his mind up before this I think. The ref just looks across at the incident as Currie grabs O'Donnell high up so maybe thinks dangerous play rather than a stupid collision. All O'Donnell seems to do is put up a defensive left arm as he's run into. If Currie angles his run properly none of it happens.

I thought it's 3 if it's considered 'violent conduct'?

As for the red, I think the angle is extremely flattering, you couldn't see what O'Donnell did. He knew exactly what he was doing, which is fair enough, he was taking one for the team and I wouldn't have been devastated if one of ours had done in the same situation. From the angle we were at, you could see him wrap his arm around Currie and throw him to the deck. Whether it was Currie or O'Donnell, to have Currie sent off for it is absolutely outrageous.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every post match thread ive posted up Mcmanus and Daly please and dont like to say told you so but i did and hopefully with a few signings oor team will become more balanced.

Eddie Malone at LB for starters would interest me followed by someone at club giving Brian mcqueen a hug and reminding him how good Brian McQueen is and were getting somewhere...

Shame we dont have a game for two weeks but then again:-D

The fortnight-long fixture break may come at a good time for Clyde. In Barry Ferguson's post-match interview he revealed that he has four or perhaps five signing targets. Of those four or five he imagines that he will sign three or four, with more details to be publicised on Monday.

For a part-time side with a core of new players to have the luxury of a fortnight to familiarise themselves with one another and to review the mistakes of matches gone by is rare in a season which is already underway. My opinion is that the radical changes which Ferguson has made are justified in principle for a side with title aspirations. They'll only be justified in practice if the remnants of unsuccessful seasons gone-by are replaced with better quality players, of course. Stephen O'Donnell is a good start, although Ferguson ought to beware of bringing in experience where that is a compromise with fitness.

What a joke of a red card that is. The Clyde player deliberately blocks Curries run, and there is an inevitable collision. Currie wraps his arms round said defenders neck and down they go.

As they tumble, Walsh has already decided that Currie is getting a red for being annoyed. And the defender thinks the red card is for him!!

I think even a yellow for both is harsh. Walsh is an absolute arse.

O'Donnell does block Currie, hence correct yellow card for him. Currie looks as though he strikes O'Donnell on the back of the head before wrapping his arm round his neck. He also appears to do have a go while the two of them were on the ground.

Regardless of how much contact was made, Currie lifts his hands towards O'Donnell and had to go. Sure O'Donnell was the instigator, but didn't do anything more than body check Currie's run, which happens often in games and resulted in a correct yellow. Ref couldn't have had a clearer view if the incident.

The ref's positiining throughout was excellent. I really don't know what BTU gets her knickers in a twist about him for really. Given the way Berwick were running around in the first half, all Odd does is the old 'uses his experience'. And boy did Currie snap it up. Frances may have gave away a needless foul that led to their second, but it may have been worse had he not clobbered an opponent shortly beforehand. One criticism i levelled towards the midfield last year was the regimented sitting off opponents, rather than actively stopping them playing and by all means picking up cards when necessary. May have turned a defeat or two into a draw and definitely would have yielded five more points from Kwee Pee, when a good skelp might have done the trick and got us better than a big gold star from the teacher for our discipline.

Every post match thread ive posted up Mcmanus and Daly please and dont like to say told you so but i did and hopefully with a few signings oor team will become more balanced.

Eddie Malone at LB for starters would interest me followed by someone at club giving Brian mcqueen a hug and reminding him how good Brian McQueen is and were getting somewhere...

Shame we dont have a game for two weeks but then again:-D

So it might not be such a long season after all :)

As for McQueen not sure he is suited to bringing the ball out from the back him and marsh were excellent last year ,but we certainly weren't set up with such an attacking formation I'm not sure if the two of them have the pace to cope with the formation

That said the midfield haven't helped them much , think O'Donnell will help . Hope they can adapt as they were so good last season

Malone would be a terrific signing

Ps agree totally about daly and McManus I have never really rated daly but he was excellent yesterday ,the last 25 mins daly and McManus looked an excellent partnership

You will need to watch the the highlights to see it though :)

O'Donnell does block Currie, hence correct yellow card for him. Currie looks as though he strikes O'Donnell on the back of the head before wrapping his arm round his neck. He also appears to do have a go while the two of them were on the ground.

Regardless of how much contact was made, Currie lifts his hands towards O'Donnell and had to go. Sure O'Donnell was the instigator, but didn't do anything more than body check Currie's run, which happens often in games and resulted in a correct yellow. Ref couldn't have had a clearer view if the incident.

"looks as though he strikes O'Donnell?"

"appears to have a go while on the ground?"

Astonishing. Which video have you been watching?

And let me suggest that if you were running into a brick wall, you'd put your hands up in front of you before you hit it.

Just after contact:

IFJJTqH.png

A bit further on:

80sf4DR.png

It was clear obstruction and hence a clear yellow card from O'Donnell, there's no disputing that. But it's clear from those that Currie is falling and hauls O'Donnell to the ground by his neck/shoulder for no apparent reason. It's then not clear what happened when both were on the ground but Currie may well have stuck the nut in him. There was no hesitation from Walsh so that leads me to believe Currie did something of that nature.

When Jacobs shepherded the ball out of play/clearly obstructed Scott Ferguson, the Clyde man didn't feel the need to raise both hands and physically assault his opponent.

"looks as though he strikes O'Donnell?"

"appears to have a go while on the ground?"

Astonishing. Which video have you been watching?

And let me suggest that if you were running into a brick wall, you'd put your hands up in front of you before you hit it.

The video I was watching was clearly the one without the black and gold filter......

You must have been standing next to me, It was never a red card, he didn't nut him or hit him. As I said in the earlier post, neither player deserved a red card, a bit of common sense, a few words and two yellows, play on guys. Sadly little referees like Walsh are too fast to react rather than calm things down, Shame as it spoilt a good match, we should be talking about the goals not some jumped up little p***k on an ego trip

Highlights are up. As I thought in real time, O'Donnell doesn't even obstruct Currie. The latter clearly runs straight into him, swings an arm, then hauls him round the neck to the ground, and looks to have another go at him there. Can't see why O'Donnell has even been cautioned there. Hopefully Berwick force this man to apologise for his sickening assault or show him the door so that the good sporting relationship between both clubs can be maintained.

Shut up

Archived