Yes voters: Do you think it will happen?

In reply to the OP I'm genuinely changing my mind of whether I think it will happen every week.

My positive side says:

- In the event of a turnout of, say, 75%, I honestly cannot see over 1,500,000 people voting No. It just doesn't seem possible that so many people could fall for the nonsense that BT come out with, and that so many people can possibly be happy with things as they currently are.

- History. History is generally on our side with regards to independence referendums. Yes usually wins and we've voted for the motion in the previous two devolution referendums in 79' and 97'.

My negative side:

- The politicians vote. Yes has no chance of winning this as the majority of MSPs and Scottish MPs are anti-independence.

- Past discussions. People recycling the same nonsense they hear of the telly, and you genuinely can't believe they've said it.

think it will be a narrow win for no as I think there are 400,000 English people living here with the vast majority going for a no it will make all the difference for the result. Whoever wins it will probably be under 100,000 either way

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to get more optimistic of a YES as time goes on. I'm not sure whether its a genuine change in the air, or merely the same type of baseless optimism that precedes some Thistle matches the closer we get to "matchday".

I mean I don't know if I'm just noticing it more or if its something I'm imagining, but the amount of YES stickers/posters on cars/house windows I'm seeing is unbelievable.

I think we will be independent. I would be absolutely delighted if it comes out as a Yes vote.

In the event of a no, I can see it starting something. When, inevitably, Westminster turn Scotland over again and again people will wonder why this was ever a question. I would guess that there would be another referendum 20-30 years from now and there will be a quite incredible landslide yes vote.

But sod the waiting. Vote yes now.

I am a woman using my husbands account and have found myself totally addicted to p&b Indy ref forums. They, like the hundreds and hundreds of yes signs that I see give me hope! Aka janiedun

Go into a Dundee thread and say you're switching to Dundee United because you're fed up supporting the wee team in the city.

Why don't you go to a bitter together thread cause your fed up supporting the wee country

You'll need to read between the lines on here.

it's orr pund an we're spendin it.

You're good at that, it's more perceptive than your usual shite.

So are you the original one or Tryfield.

Aye your right! I'll have to get my philosophical head on to read your incomprehensible shite! Now read between that ya twat

We're always grateful when ladies join us.

GOOD STUFF!! Im going to take that as genuine and not in the least bit sarcastic. Now, who's for cereal?? :D

You'll do fine on here, ration your name calling as it's usually the tactic of the losers on here.

Archived