Live Debate - Edinburgh (STV: 2nd Sept)

Quentin Taranbino

Dugface is a proven liar, and as referenced above, in it for the Labour trough. No surprise she was rubbish.

It's not about saving the union for them. It's all about saving Labour.

I do hope whatever is set up as a Labour Party after independence does not have these leaches heading it up.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick Harvie has now made me want to vote for the Green Party in future.

Patrick Harvie is a decent politician. Problem is I think the Green Party below the surface don't have much depth, and have some people who can't see the bigger picture.

Be interesting to see if Brighton re-elects them.

Patrick fucking Harvie.

What a lad!

People like him give me hope for Scotland and Scottish politics. He takes kenning the score to a new level.

Was disappointed in Ruth as I thought, even though she is a Tory, that she was a sensible sort who has been grounded during this debate. Her patter last night was incredible. Invasions from Russia indeed, come on te f**k.

Problem is I think the Green Party below the surface don't have much depth, and have some people who can't see the bigger picture.

The problem with the Greens have is quite simply that the mainstream media pointedly, deliberately marginalises them. This directly affects both their support and the number of good candidate they can run (because as much as people hate the idea of career politicians, you do actually need to run them if you want to gain any representation).

At the top end of the party they have some simply marvellous figures. Harvie didn't back down and support the bits of the SNP's defense policy that he was being goaded into talking about by Davidson and the 41st Armchair Para. When did you last hear any pacifist politician getting a point across on telly without being vilified for it?

The problem with the Greens have is quite simply that the mainstream media pointedly, deliberately marginalises them.

This. Considering the massive exposure UKIP got in the mainstream media and the BBC especially, is it any surprise they polled so well in the EU elections (considerably less than rUK but still). Now look at the Greens, generally ignored by that same media and when they aren't they are pilloried as yoghurt knitting, humus growing, clog wearing weirdos, yet they polled higher than the Liberals (seem as the 3rd party in UK politics and one that used to have a large Scottish support).

Another problem for the Greens is they are totally marginalised by the British political system, which they aren't in Scotland and wouldn't be in an independent Scotland (although compare and contrast their publicity with the publicity of another party with no MPs on the opposite side of the spectrum).

For the last few years as well because we have been trying, and failing, to have some kind of representative government the majority of votes have been Labour or Libdem and anything else was seen as a wasted vote because they had no chance.

People were not necessarily voting for who they wanted but trying to vote in a least worst option than the Tories.

That was yet another victory for Yes.

Alexander was a creepy, question avoiding, slimy wee p***k. He and Dugdale were treating it more like a Labour party conference. Dugdale played the man not the ball a few times with Marydoll and still got her arse handed to her.

In short, Labour are a disgrace.

Sturgeon clearly won round 1, Marydoll breezed past a full time MSP and Patrick Harvie. Oh, Patrick Harvie ya wee smasher. From his face when Ruthie mentioned the Russian ground invasion to dealing with all the army p***ks in the audience to his closing speech. I want to hug him and never let go.

A clear win for Yes.

As an additional point, having seen the televised debates, I am now convinced that No voters are only two types of people. English or old c***s. Or English old c***s.

I think you've been at the sherries a bit too much.

Alexander, despite being the slimy get that he is, was more than a match for Sturgeon - who I found surprisingly weaker than I thought she would be.

Smith started well against Dugdale but showed over Coroporation tax why you don't have a comedy actress debating on economic issues.

Only Harvie clearly won and that was down to a quite bizarre performance from Davidson.

Awe come on tae *uck.

How can you possibly not know the soccer mom?

He's 22, he's probably never given a cats shit about British politics far less American nutjob politics until the referendum, that's what's great about this process, we could see future elections up here getting voting %'s over 70%, that excites me.

He's 22, he's probably never given a cats shit about British politics far less American nutjob politics until the referendum, that's what's great about this process, we could see future elections up here getting voting %'s over 70%, that excites me.

Until maybe this time a year ago I had no interest to be totally truthful, zilch. Ive now gotten right into it all though and sincerely hope it is a YES so I can get into it even more. If its a NO although I would still vote I have a feeling my interest will slightly go again to be honest, maybe look into joining the SNP though if its a NO.

If its a YES id be very very excited about politics in this country as sad as it sounds.

Archived