Live Debate - Edinburgh (STV: 2nd Sept)

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annabel Goldie would have done a far better job than Davidson.

Gordon Brown would be better than the piss-poor Darling.

If Brown puts his head too far above the parapet he should, and I think would, be ridiculed.

His own people may see him as a 'big beast' in political terms but there is so much ammunition that could be used against him.

Haven't seen the debate, but I've always thought that Patrick Harvie is comfortably the most impressive advocate for the independence side and they'd benefit from using him more often. I suppose the problem is that he disagrees with too many of the Scottish Government's proposed policies to be a key campaigner for them.

He is however excellent at hammering the idea across that a Yes vote is not just a vote Alex Salmond, his ego and the rest of the SNP.

I realise that it was Harvie who was doing the military section of the debate, but I would have loved him to pop up with the George Robertson mental quote about "geopolitical cataclysm" and the "forces of darkness" and watched Davidson try to defend it.

Robertson would have been better off saying...Vader is near I feel his presence.

If Brown puts his head too far above the parapet he should, and I think would, be ridiculed.

His own people may see him as a 'big beast' in political terms but there is so much ammunition that could be used against him.

Apparently Brown said that if the Scots vote for independence we will suddenly all be band members of these guys..

Apparently Brown said that if the Scots vote for independence we will suddenly all be band members of these guys..

'My country don't use the pound, because they told us so, unless we vote for No' :whistle

Scaremongering anthem in the making there

Haven't seen the debate, but I've always thought that Patrick Harvie is comfortably the most impressive advocate for the independence side and they'd benefit from using him more often. I suppose the problem is that he disagrees with too many of the Scottish Government's proposed policies to be a key campaigner for them.

It's pretty telling that even given he repeatedly bucked the party line he still absolutely killed it tonight. Name another hippy Green peacenik who could come out ahead of an assorted group of ex-sodgers in the audience on national TV.

Archived