Live Debate - Edinburgh (STV: 2nd Sept)

Quentin Taranbino

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that really helped any undecided people in all honesty. I thought the highlight was the debate between Elaine C Smith and yon labour lassie who's name I can't remember. That was a proper debate, with both coming up with similar answers (for the most part) using different workings. Elaine C Smith was excellent tonight. The only clear 'win' for me there though was Harvie over Davidson, but I think that's only because Davidson is a fucking dreadful politician.

Ruth doesn't do walking away and heads are lowered to tie talk.

This indicates to me that the debate has been won hands down by YES.

Oh for the days when we had Reynard being misogynistic about Nicola to distract us.

One thing I would suggest is not take my posts about Nicola sturgeons sex life, Bernard's fantastic style options as any recollection of how the debate went as I regularly talk pish and will continue to do so wether Scotland remains in the union or an independent country.

Im nightshift could someone give me the highlights and who won..cheers.

Nicola and Wendy's brother did political stuff

Elaine spoke with optimism and won her debate with a poor labour politician

Harvie talked about this century, Davidson talked about last century

We don't know what we will get if we vote NO

Actually, that's not true, we will get less

Haven't seen the debate, but I've always thought that Patrick Harvie is comfortably the most impressive advocate for the independence side and they'd benefit from using him more often. I suppose the problem is that he disagrees with too many of the Scottish Government's proposed policies to be a key campaigner for them.

Yes won again. Harvie was roundly applauded before he even began his final speech which is quite telling; Davidson wasn't.

Momentum is well and truly with us. I'd be absolutely gutted if we lost this now, whereas this time last month I wouldn't have been surprised.

The problem for Bitter Together is they don't have anyone better than the faces they have put forward so far. Davidson, Alexander, and Darling - that's the zenith of their protagonists.

Annabel Goldie would have done a far better job than Davidson.

Gordon Brown would be better than the piss-poor Darling.

I was being sarcastic ya tit, I personally could not give two if salmond was slipping sturgeon one or not.

What was sarcastic about it? And if you "couldn't give two", why say it? No one else mentioned it, so what made it come into your mind?

One thing I don't see the logic of is Yes wanting rid of nuclear but not wanting rid of the armed forces in Scotland. In this day in age any major threat would be a nuclear one, not one involving 'oor troops'. Either get rid of both (my preferred option), or get rid of the armed forces. Scrapping nuclear and keeping the armed forces seems like the least logical of the 3 options.

Unless you want to invade countries and get involved in wars then there is absolutely no need for an armed forces on the scale will have if we become independent. Scrap them and use the money for something worthwhile.

Because the Labour party are terrified of Scottish independence.

That is the only reason they are in the BT campaign. No Scotland means their chances of getting into power ever again are seriously diminished.

Yeah they are terrified but Independence should be seen as a great opportunity for Scottish Labour to totally revamp.

After all if they care about the Scottish people as much as they go on about it then surely they should be acting on behalf of our best interests and not the English labour voters.

I wouldn't touch Scottish Labour with the jumped up little Hitler that leads them just now.

Archived