Derek Adams Sacked!

Ludo, why do you have a Sun subscription?

There was an article I wanted to read and it gave you a months free if you signed up. Won't be paying for it.

BarraJag are you still following me? My post simply was mentioning other candidates so stop being a walloper.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For someone who was about to change allegiance to us because ICT wouldn't let you use them as a creche, you seem to be very upset.

We all have moments of doubt, Kenny Cameron's change of policy after our discussion showed that I made the correct decision sticking with ICT, thank f**k, I'd hate to be supporting C*unty now. Relegation dogfights ruin the enjoyment.

So you're a glory hunter? I see.

Aye, sure I am. That's why I kept supporting ICT after we were relegated. I knew we'd have the glorious time of giving yourselves and Dundee a huge head start then absolutely obliterating the two of you. Glorious times indeed.

Derek Adams was clearly an excellent manager for County. He took them over in the seaside leagues and lead them into the top six of the SPL, with a couple of league wins and a cup final on the way. County's club culture before Adams took over was heavily influenced by Alex Smith, a negative emphasis of performance over results and the Largs-speak of passing football, liking 'wee strikers' etc. Adams focussed on achievement and built an excellent group of players which County's ascent to the SPL was based on.

If you want to critically examine his tenure then he built his title winning team on solid, dependable First Division-winner players. He built his team around Munro, Brittain, Vigurs, Gardyne, McMenamin - it was really a triumph of experience, organisation and solidity over any innovative team-building or tactics. Nothing wrong with that of course, the objective is to win the league and they did that by miles. I'd compare it to the Caley team that John Robertson took to the First Division title - he signed Barry WIlson and David Bingham, both experienced at that level and tightened up, improved organisation and we bagged the title.

The period where Adams impressed me as a manager was when he rebuilt his side in the January 2013 window. He'd shown that he could put together an organised First Division side and do OK in the SPL but in signing Ikonomou, Sproule, Wohlfarth etc he freshened up his side and took them into the top six. It showed that he could operate outside the markets he'd used previously. Where he fell down was that he couldn't build a sustainable team the wayhe did in 2011-12 in that way, leading to the mass intakes of the last couple of windows. To me, it was reminiscent of the business Livingston did in the seaons before they went down, everything bought in a panicked way, without great thought as to an overall plan.

Adams' character and personality has also come under scrutiny. Leaving aside what opposition fans think of the man I think his manner may have contributed to some of the problems County had last season and this. I've always thought that a sniping negative manager can set the wrong tone for a club and that positivity is important. You have to assume Adams' didn't say the same things to the players that he did to the press but there was often a negative feeling around the club. Adams obviously demanded high standards but part of that is dealing with failure and perhaps he didn't do that in a way that inspired his players. While I appreciate that some of the players carping about him on Twitter were binned by him, I've never seen former players rejoice over a managers sacking like that before, and I've also thought that some of the transfer dealings were a bit strange. Grant Munro started five games in a row last season and was then released to sign for Brora, the club captain? County went on to look very weak in central defence last seaon (and this). Munro is too much of a gent to say anything though.

From a fan's perspective, I'll miss him, he's exactly the sort of person you want managing your local rivals. Hopefully County don't go for some meh appointment and go for Butcher, if only for the derbies, and the LOLtastic relegation.

Derek Adams was clearly an excellent manager for County. He took them over in the seaside leagues and lead them into the top six of the SPL, with a couple of league wins and a cup final on the way. County's club culture before Adams took over was heavily influenced by Alex Smith, a negative emphasis of performance over results and the Largs-speak of passing football, liking 'wee strikers' etc. Adams focussed on achievement and built an excellent group of players which County's ascent to the SPL was based on.

If you want to critically examine his tenure then he built his title winning team on solid, dependable First Division-winner players. He built his team around Munro, Brittain, Vigurs, Gardyne, McMenamin - it was really a triumph of experience, organisation and solidity over any innovative team-building or tactics. Nothing wrong with that of course, the objective is to win the league and they did that by miles. I'd compare it to the Caley team that John Robertson took to the First Division title - he signed Barry WIlson and David Bingham, both experienced at that level and tightened up, improved organisation and we bagged the title.

The period where Adams impressed me as a manager was when he rebuilt his side in the January 2013 window. He'd shown that he could put together an organised First Division side and do OK in the SPL but in signing Ikonomou, Sproule, Wohlfarth etc he freshened up his side and took them into the top six. It showed that he could operate outside the markets he'd used previously. Where he fell down was that he couldn't build a sustainable team the wayhe did in 2011-12 in that way, leading to the mass intakes of the last couple of windows. To me, it was reminiscent of the business Livingston did in the seaons before they went down, everything bought in a panicked way, without great thought as to an overall plan.

Adams' character and personality has also come under scrutiny. Leaving aside what opposition fans think of the man I think his manner may have contributed to some of the problems County had last season and this. I've always thought that a sniping negative manager can set the wrong tone for a club and that positivity is important. You have to assume Adams' didn't say the same things to the players that he did to the press but there was often a negative feeling around the club. Adams obviously demanded high standards but part of that is dealing with failure and perhaps he didn't do that in a way that inspired his players. While I appreciate that some of the players carping about him on Twitter were binned by him, I've never seen former players rejoice over a managers sacking like that before, and I've also thought that some of the transfer dealings were a bit strange. Grant Munro started five games in a row last season and was then released to sign for Brora, the club captain? County went on to look very weak in central defence last seaon (and this). Munro is too much of a gent to say anything though.

From a fan's perspective, I'll miss him, he's exactly the sort of person you want managing your local rivals. Hopefully County don't go for some meh appointment and go for Butcher, if only for the derbies, and the LOLtastic relegation.

Great post, cant argue with a lot of that.

Wanky as it is to say, good to see an insightful post from a rival fan rather than some more of the "HaHA Adams- GIRFUY #dINgwall'sSHIIIT".

Great post, cant argue with a lot of that.

Wanky as it is to say, good to see an insightful post from a rival fan rather than some more of the "HaHA Adams- GIRFUY #dINgwall'sSHIIIT".

The man's a complete penis, don't get me wrong.

somebody maybe intimated interest on behalf of Kluivert without consulting him

I'd assume his agent fired in his CV, as you say, without consulting him.

Not sure what to make of this Barry Robson betting though. Seems odd.

I wouldn't pay attention to what mcbookie do. They have created a novelty market and do not want to lose a lot of money on it, so if some bets go on one person they will suspend the market. It has no reflection on the probability of the outcome actually happening.

Archived