Derek Adams Sacked!

Someone on wap claiming De Leeuw was coming to Saints,and this was part of the fall out,Adams wanted to sell McGregor didn't,anyone else heard this?

:lol: This is such an absurd rumour that it seems impossible to imagine it not being true, because who'd make it up? It's about the only thing that would make sense for the lack of De Leeuw starting.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking nora. Is playing for Falkirk really oblivion? Because that's where Johnny Flynn is now. I sort of get being defensive of your football team, but Derek's gone. There's no need to pretend that there's not clear problems with how he dealt with the players under him. You don't see players being that bitter just because they didn't get a new contract, be realistic.

Savage Henry doesn't like this.

Haven't read all of this so don't know if it's mentioned but Adams has claimed that he had one of if not the smallest budget and has never spent a transfer fee. That'll be apart from the reported 40k they paid to get brittain back I'm assuming aye?

The money to st Johnstone was a charity donation to their youth system from McGregor himself. He's being obiwan Kenobi again and he is correct from a certain point of view.

The fallouts have happened for years and players have been left out for no reason. Adams is a talented coach and manager but to really improve he will have to lose his petty and petulant side. I'm sad to see him go, but I'm certainly not gutted.

I am glad George Adams has gone as he really hasn't done anything of note at Ross county. Destroyed a thriving youth system, alienated those coaches and his signing policies have been horrendous since the youth prospects that he knew about from the old firm dried up. We have played the least amount of youth players minutes wise than any other side in the top league the last two years.

attachicon.gifwimpy.jpeg

I also remember reading in the history of County that a previous chairman owned a distillery near Dingwall and gave jobs to attract players. I assume Uncle Roy employs a few people in the local area with his various business concerns. He also used to run a supemarket in Alness which is how he started his business empire?

His dad started the shop originally in Invergordon. 'The come play for us and we'll also give you a a well paid day job' is now the Brora technique.

The thing that I'm most surprised about is that Wimpy still exists. :huh:

It must be a wee town thing.

Maybe they are the fast food equivalent of Japanese soldiers - fighting on years in desolate, isolated parts of the world after the surrender none the wiser.

I'm pretty sure the mumbo jumbo they peddle is the typical Reformed Christianity sort of thing. Pretty sure they used to have links with the Church of Scotland & the Free Church of Scotland, presumably still do.

Aye, reformed theology. Mostly BA (hons) students, but quite a few folk doing mTH/PHD's there. Serves as a training facility for a bunch of churches, mostly the CoS though. The Free Church still have their own college they send their guys to, down in Edinburgh.

The college in Dingwall is actually a UHI campus, so the college also hosts some secular degrees (history, archeology, etc).

Although most folk in the town are undoubtedly dubious of the so-called "mumbo-jumbo", it's undeniable that having a higher education institution in a place like Dingwall is fantastic.

Please appoint Danny Lennon. As I said on the County thread, I hate Derek Adams, but it's hard to deny that he is a good manager. Despite County's problems, I didn't think they'd manage to finish bottom as long as Adams was in charge - with Danny Lennon, I wouldn't be so sure!

Will Adams still be pretending to bash bibles and bother imaginary entities in the sky now that he no longer has to suck up "Uncle Roy"

It's funny when ex players spit the dummy.

Danny Grainger had a proper go at 5% of people at the club when he was shown the door. Not to mention the fact he was out performed all season by a 18 year old boy in his debut season playing in the first team.

Not good for the rest of us that Adams has been sacked. Interesting to see who takes over though.

Fair amount must commute to around Evanton to Invergordon for industrial work I would have thought?

Aye, looking east of Dingwall out to Invergordon: SSE have a depot at Evanton as well as the other units in the industrial estate, there's the Dalmore distillery out that way too, the CAB, further NHS hospitals, dentists etc. As well as all the obvious off-shore work. There's a good few schools between Dingwall and Invergordon too. As well as all your retail and independent self-employed types again.

Maybe just coincidence, but I think most folk I know back home go out that way for work.

The thing that I'm most surprised about is that Wimpy still exists. :huh:

Maybe they are the fast food equivalent of Japanese soldiers - fighting on years in desolate, isolated parts of the world after the surrender none the wiser.

:lol:

Brilliant! But you could apply that description to almost anything in Dingwall - even the football club.

Archived