Derek Adams Sacked!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Ferguson done a coaching course I was on through the SFA. I would be astounded if he ended up manager of a top-flight club.

Why do you say that? I dont really have a clue. Am only aware he seemed a pretty professional player for us, I've only really met him on nights out and he seems a good guy, and he seems to be doing a good job with the u20s/development squad. Which isn't much to go on really... Did he just not come across as the brightest, or is there anything more to the claim?

Genuine question, not sniping :)

Dingwall is one of the smallest and remote part of the country and Ross County are a club with a low budget. Looking from the outside although Adams didn't come across well at times, the decision to sack him is very harsh. After being unlucky and performing well against Dundee Utd then doing well to beat Stranraer (a potential banana skin) at Stair park things looked to be turning around. What more can Dingwall expect? The signings he made last january were inspired and showed he can discover a player. What he has done at County is amazing and sustained and you might realise in the future how lucky you were as you have been punching way above your weight for some time.

I think that more down to Roy McGregor giving him a shit-load of money to re-build a whole team every year more than Adams actual ability as a manager.

As a person, the man was a complete and utter c0ck who never, ever had any grace about him. Grade A Penis

Emmm what part of that is ridiculous exactly? Dingwall's not on a railway line, and definitely isn't 20 minutes from a hub with connections to Glasgow, Edinburgh and London. It isn't even close to a motorway like the A9 or something so I can't for one minute understand why you think he was talking shite.

What about the railway station thats about 200m from the ground? (With a pub on the feckin platform FFS)

And since when was the A9 a motorway?

Come back once you've finished yer glue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28972759?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A couple of gems/trolling specials in here from Adams:

"one of the lowest, if not the lowest, wage bills in the league in the last couple of seasons"

"we have had to build almost entirely new teams to start each season". Wonder why you've had to do that.

Derek Adams was a bit of a twat, but he did pretty well with county. Reckon it was something behind the scenes?

Can't imagine anyone coming I will be given a bigger budget; that being the case it will be interesting to see what another manager can do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28972759?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A couple of gems/trolling specials in here from Adams:

"one of the lowest, if not the lowest, wage bills in the league in the last couple of seasons"

"we have had to build almost entirely new teams to start each season". Wonder why you've had to do that.

"Our 'David' has notched victories against the 'Goliaths' of Scottish football more often than we might have reasonably expected,"

Derek Adams is a fud.

"Our 'David' has notched victories against the 'Goliaths' of Scottish football more often than we might have reasonably expected,"

Derek Adams is a fud.

Missed that one - that's a Danny Lennon-ism.

The fact that a few ex-players have taken to Twitter to express their delight at this speaks volumes.

This is the most anecdotal of anecdotal anecdotes - but after the last game of last season I spoke to a couple of County fans in the beer garden at Crosslands (one County, the other Aberdeen, but down for the game because he was friends with Michael Fraser. Which I believed, because Fraser was sitting with them for a while before we started chatting to them), and when I asked them about Adams they told me that the players, pretty much to a man, fucking hated him.

To conclude, Derek Adams was an abrasive figure at the club. In other news, Derek Adams has just been sacked.

This is the most anecdotal of anecdotal anecdotes - but after the last game of last season I spoke to a couple of County fans in the beer garden at Crosslands (one County, the other Aberdeen, but down for the game because he was friends with Michael Fraser. Which I believed, because Fraser was sitting with them for a while before we started chatting to them), and when I asked them about Adams they told me that the players, pretty much to a man, fucking hated him.

To conclude, Derek Adams was an abrasive figure at the club. In other news, Derek Adams has just been sacked.

Oh they do, pretty much all of them.

Adam's didn't speak to any of them outwith training or games, and generally acted above them all the time.

Oh they do, pretty much all of them.

Adam's didn't speak to any of them outwith training or games, and generally acted above them all the time.

What an absolute numpty.

He's like a shite version of John Collins.

Archived