Man gets "swatted" while playing CS, and streams it live...

I am not sure how many of you are familiar with things like Twitch which allows you to stream your games playing over the Internet. It's not something I watch much of, but I have watched some. It's quite normal to have a feed from your webcam overlaid your game action so people can see you comment and your reactions and stuff.

Anyway, this fairly well known CS (Counter Strike) player had a bomb threat called in on him by an "anonymous tipster" (some people get their kicks from doing this knowing it will end up on the stream) and the SWAT team move in. Now thanks to the militarisation of the police in America a SWAT raid is actually not that uncommon, however as I say it was all caught on the Twitch stream.

Edit: There is a certain surreality to the real life guys with guns doing their stuff while the computer carries on with it's virtual guys with guns and the end of round sound bite being played out saying "Terrorists win". Never a truer word..

Person who phoned it in claimed responsibility over Twitter and has been taken into custody by FBI. What a fucking idiot, to do that just for some recognition? What would've happened if Kootra (the streamer) didn't realise there was SWAT there until they busted the door open and panicked? Situation could've easily ended with someone being shot

So basically all you have to do to get someone raided by a SWAT team is phone up and say "bomb" ?

Bloody hell. Reminds me of the scene in Peep Show where Super Hans, Jeremy and Mark all try to section each other.

Seems so. It was originally thought that one of the people in another office in the building heard him shout "I've got the bomb!" when he was in the middle of a game and phoned the police fearing the worst.

Although I'm pretty sure all the guys in the group that work in that office went round the other offices to offer pre-explanations about possible shouting and stuff

Seems so. It was originally thought that one of the people in another office in the building heard him shout "I've got the bomb!" when he was in the middle of a game and phoned the police fearing the worst.

It was a "tip off" that there was a shooter in the offices this lad was at. The police reacted to that. There were no reports from other people in nearby offices and a local school, offices and shops in a 2 block area were also put into lock down.

In many ways it's thankful that the lad had headphones on, as the sound in the video wasn't heard by the police. When they entered it was, to them, an entirely quiet room with a solitary man at a computer with his hands in the air.

Archived