Stranraer v Dunfermline

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TOPFITTER

You are kidding right? He had talent for sure and played very well for us but it seems pretty clear the guy is a total dick. He's fallen out with almost every manager he's ever had. He's not that good to make up for his personality failings.

As Jim McIntyre is rumoured to have said, "I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole"

TOTAL DICK who along with Paul Burns got me a signed Queens top to auction for the SaveThe Pars campaign and the £100 was donated to said campaign, the Lad has fond memories of his time with DAFC.

Maybe POET knows him on a personal basis to form that opinion, yet i can only judge him by what he done on the field and i thought Gibson was a pretty damn good player for us and as pointed out above, we sold him on for a very good fee.

However, his career fell apart after that which is a shame, whether that was down to a lack of effort on his part is only something he will know.

On his day, Willie Gibson was an absolute joy to watch. When on form, he and Joe Cardle could be utterly sensational for us. He's the type of player who would have you on the edge of your seat in excitement, then out of it in wonder, one match, then cursing him in frustration the next. Superb talent, but just not consistent enough.

As for the game, looking forward to the trip as per. Will be a tight game as always down there; hopefully if we can play as we did on Tuesday we'll have enough to nick it.

Gibson does indeed have the skills to be a fantastic player but he is an undoubted "heid-the-baw".

I'd like to see a clean sheet for the defence. Scully has nothing to prove, but the confidence of the back 4 could do with some padding.

A really good win. Moffat and Ugwu both on the scoresheet as well. Very pleasing.

No idea who we'll play at left back against Stenny. Hopefully at least one of Whittle or Drummond is fit by then...

Urquhart is left sided.

Archived