Stranraer v Dunfermline

Edit: The highlights..

Edit again - doesn't Millen get a wee touch on the ball first for his red card?

Thanks folks for the match reviews etc

I know that a lack of width has been a problem but Williamson seems to let us play the tight, narrow formation but keep a wide attacking option.

The Moff and Ugwu looked very dangerous against Airdrie - an all action, dynamic front two is part of DAFC's DNA so it's good to see the makings of a classic front pair, especially with this year's definitive Pars strip.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lewis Martin was a bit disappointed Williamson wasn't in the most recent Scotland U19s with him. I don't see that being a concern next time round.

Love the sight of five Stranrarer players on their arses as Moff scores - Brewster Mk2.

The main problem with Williamson when attacking is that he hardly ever looks up, meaning most of his runs are wasted. He's OK, but I don't think he's as good yet as some Pars fans make him out to be. He still isn't very good defensively either, although there are signs this year of some improvement on that one.

As I thought, Millen's sending off was due to him trying to cover someone else's mistake. It's a good run, but pretty awful defendng from the two centre halves to be completely caught out by a run between the middle of them. Millen actually did really well to react quickly on seeing the mistake to come across and cover. The ref's decision is fine though, he only knocks the ball too far ahead once the tackle comes in, and it looks a defnite foul.

As you say its poor defending they look too flat initially and then its followed by buchanan being too tight when he's not going to win the ball, and finally you have williamson losing his man.

He covered well but he shouldn't have dived in, just put pressure on him and have confidence in your keeper. If had been in the last 10 minutes fair enough taking the risk but with almost an hour to play its a bad decision.

I fully understand why the ref made the decision to give the red but an appeal has a chance of being successful. Wether its worth putting one in or not depends on the cost and the fitness of Drummond and whittle.

looking at highlights it is clear Millen got touch on ball so sending off a dreadful decision. In terms of Malcolm second yellow he seems to realise he isn't getting the header and then starts to dive and the ball hits his hand and goes in.

Geggan missed 1 sitter and another decent chance and Gozie should have buried chance when keeper spills ball.

Geggan missed another absolute sitter in the first half as well but I don't think it was in the highlights, back post header he really should have buried. The Geggan of last season would have nailed those chances, it's just not happening for him at the moment.

Geggan missed another absolute sitter in the first half as well but I don't think it was in the highlights, back post header he really should have buried. The Geggan of last season would have nailed those chances, it's just not happening for him at the moment.

He could have had a hat-trick.

Ryan Williamson run to supply Moff was superb. Absolute class.

Geggan, well...he's in need of some shooting practise. That was a total sitter :blink:

Williamson really caught my eye on Saturday. I'm told he's just a bairn (excuse the pun). Put some really telling passes in and caused real problems going forward.

I wasn't at the game but from the highlights Williamson looked excellent going forward. I'll admit I was firmly in the Millen camp but defenders at this level don't seem to be able to handle Williamson whatsoever/ He really deserves an extended run in the team.

Williamson really caught my eye on Saturday. I'm told he's just a bairn (excuse the pun). Put some really telling passes in and caused real problems going forward.

Ryan is 18 years of age. Thankfully for us, we've got him tied down till May 2016, so if anyone does become interested any time soon, they'll need to sign him from us for a fee. If he keeps continuing the way he is at the moment, he won't be at EEP come season 2016/17, imo.

Didn't see Williamson against Stranraer but he's regularly been impressive for us when he got his chance last season, just his defensive side that is lacking. Might even be wise to give him a shot further up the park to see how he gets on there because there's no doubting going forward he is very good indeed.

If Ugwu and Moffat keep this form up I don't see any reason why either should be dropped for Wallace when he's back from injury, it's good to have that depth though for the challenge.

Archived