Preston?

Mikeymouse10

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine there will be some interest in this job so can't see someone inexperienced like Dale McColl getting the job. Too big a jump from amateur into the lowland league, although he is an ex player/legend there!

Wonder if Stevie Myatt would go back? Where is Stevie now, last I heard he was in the juniors somewhere.

Money is the issue heard davie got 8 grand less this season than myatts last season in charge

8 grand less? How many teams have a budget of over 8 grand for the whole squad?

Surely the myatt squad with those resources should have been winning or at least challenging for titles with that type of budget.

Bingy was up against it from word go in the pans as many didn't want Myat to go. One of the gid guys in football.

The old names will be on but I think they should get Paget or Seagull

Seagull maybe, but paget hasn't lasted beyond a season at a team in a very long time. Based on that, I'd find it strange for a committee to give someone like that the job as it ultimately ends up a stopgap. Having said that, if it stops them being relegated then worth the lack of stability I suppose.

I imagine there will be some interest in this job so can't see someone inexperienced like Dale McColl getting the job. Too big a jump from amateur into the lowland league, although he is an ex player/legend there!

Wonder if Stevie Myatt would go back? Where is Stevie now, last I heard he was in the juniors somewhere.

Although it would be a great step up, however I think I could handle it, I am happy learning my trade just now and gaining experience

Would like to say you dnt get experience unless given a chance,

But after the mention of being a legend I owe you a few beers for that, thank you

8 grand on which 3 players? I find that hard to believe.

Don't listen to See Through it was £8,000 each actually. Mind you that was only just over 1/2 of the purse from players sold on, well we might as well spend it cos you can't take it with you.

If the taxman is reading this. It's an internet football forum.;) for shits n giggles.

Grimbo

That's only one team though. Surely the rest aren't splashing that sort of cash? And if so, where does it actually come from?

Well I would think that the likes of cloudy, motion and sivey would be some of the top earners at spartans. I wouldnt be surprised if they were on between £50-£75 a week at least.over a 40 week season that would work out at between £2000-£3000. Then uve got the likes of bruce, swainy, herd, grinchy who wont be playing for peanuts! Dont think seethrough is exaggerating!

I think you'd be surprised Fowler........

I maybe would mate.as I said thats what I would have thought would be a resonable amount for one of the top non league teams in scotland. I could be way off the mark right enough! if you think about the amount of hours the players put into playing for the teams a week then £50 isnt a lot.they train for 3 hours and pretty much there whole saturday.thats a lot of time to give up, especially guys who are working for themselves. I.e cloudy.

Although it would be a great step up, however I think I could handle it, I am happy learning my trade just now and gaining experience

Would like to say you dnt get experience unless given a chance,

But after the mention of being a legend I owe you a few beers for that, thank you

Cv in dale?

Archived