Worried about the vote credibility.

Polarcola

I just read the ballot must be crossed in pencil. At ballet in pen is auto spoiled.

This simply isn't true. Wherever you read that are talking pish and it goes against the Electoral Commission's own guidelines regarding spoilt ballots.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/142075/Doubtful-ballot-paper-booklet-SLG.pdf

A ballot paper marked by means other than a pencil should not be rejected simply because of that.
The key phrase in the Rules is: ‘A ballot paper […] shall not […] be deemed to be void […] if in the opinion of the Returning Officer the word or mark clearly indicates a preference or preferences…’

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't blame people who say, "Take your own pen", rather than using the provided pencils. I was gobsmacked that it was pencils and not pens at my polling place for the EU elections.

If the count is as tightly secure as is being made out on here then it won't matter. But it's just something to think about.

Pens are costly and prone to breaking, pencils are cheap and easily repaired (sharpened)

Jesus Christ.

It's pencils. WTF!!!!

Are they serious

See above

I just read the ballot must be crossed in pencil. At ballet in pen is auto spoiled.

That's bollocks, you can take a pen if you wish. A ballot will only be spoilt if the voting intention isn't clear.

The polls are accurate. Just because you don't want to believe you make excuses. The result will most likely be NO, get used to it.

Oh, dear, new user, perhaps you live in a bubble but many of us do not and the polls simply do not reflect what anyone is experiencing "on the street". Am I claiming Yes is ahead? Nope. Am I claiming it's closer than the polls suggest. Yes, very much so.

The polls are accurate. Just because you don't want to believe you make excuses. The result will most likely be NO, get used to it.

^^^^^ Gets thumped by Salmond in the debate, joins P&B to try to let off steam.

F*ck of Alistair.

After the constant dirty tricks of the government MPs in their Better Together campaign, together with the obvious media bias, together with the strange and less than representative polling results, how can Scots be sure the actual vote will be correctly counted and 100 percent transparent. ?

The separatists champaign can be sure Her Majesty's Government will make the right count

I don't understand why so many folk on here are so sure of a Yes vote. Football fans are not a good representation of the general public at large. They do appear more pro independence (except Rangers fans).

I'm voting yes but expect no to win.

That's funny!

There is almost a majority of 50 percent of this nation that beleive there is something better for the hundreds, the thousands of unfortunate Scottish children that wake up each morming to either an under nourished or non existing breakfast. Either to one of two patents that have no prospects and no opportunities.

I want you to know that at the end of this referendum if those people are not supported there are others in this country that WILL not stop in their persuit of social justice.

I was talking to an English friend who was up in Edinburgh for the Fringe last week. He said the question of the referendum came up at a few shows and he noticed something interesting. When audiences were asked to shout out their preferences, the Yes voters noticeably outnumbered those shouting No. However, if a show of hands was asked for, the No voters outnumbered the Yes by about four to one.

Then I read here of Yes voters saying they rarely encounter a No voter and I wonder if there's a reason for that.

Surprised there were 5 or more Scots at any given fringe show tbh.

I am guessing that it will be tied up with the electoral register and that it comes as a standard mailshot. So technically the Yes camp could do that too. It does smack of dirty tricks though.

If the people of Scotland were that stupid to blindly follow the example while voting I don't think I'd want to get independence.

Do you really think anyone would vote no instead of yes because the picture showed them to? FFS.

It's campaigning. It should not be worded like that and as much as it seems ridiculous that it would affect decision the fact of the matter is whoever came up with that knows very clearly it will have a percentage chance of subconsciously effecting a certain number of people. It's another cheating dirty trick to grab the following:

People who do not care one way or another

Undecided voters

Old people

The very young

Rangers supporters

The very drunk

The very stupid.

Basically most of Scotland.

Rather than put it on a bet I have done over the last few years, through crowdfunding, membership of Jimmy Reid Foundation, subscribing to NewsnetScotland, attending fundraising events, doubling my contribution to the SNP membership, etc..

Have you put your money where your mouth is? Or are you just a sad internet troll? (that's a rhetorical question)

That's not putting your money where your mouth is. That's throwing money at various different Yes campaigns.

I ask you again, not why do you want Yes to win but why do you think Yes WILL win?

Personally I think YES will win because

1. YES voters are more likely to turn up and vote.

2. There are more YES voters out there than the polls or media portray.

3. It's the right and moral option.

4. The No campaign have dismissed us and that won't agree with the majority.

This is all assuming we are not about to witness a voting sham scam and have the winning number of YES ballots spoiled by a treacherous Westminster government.

????

Archived