Worried about the vote credibility.

Polarcola

After the constant dirty tricks of the government MPs in their Better Together campaign, together with the obvious media bias, together with the strange and less than representative polling results, how can Scots be sure the actual vote will be correctly counted and 100 percent transparent. ?

Honestly mate, that's proper paranoid, you should be feeling cock-a-hoop after last night, No? Look at the bookies odds, (Yes coming in slightly), they'll be following the true chances of a Yes/No vote and will be doing everything they can to understand the real market choice out there!!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly for the country, there will be some nationalists morons who scream 'FIX' after the Scottish people vote no.

Tin foil hats at the ready people.

It's well documented that Labour have form for vote rigging and general dirty tricks especially when it comes to postal votes.

Quite why anybody would think their behaviour in the independence referendum will be squeaky clean is beyond me.

Get enough volunteers on the day and there's not an issue:-

1. Place unique seal on each of the ballot boxes .
  2. Count voters as they place voting slips into each box.
  3. Check seal when opened at count.
  4. Verify total of each ballot box at each count.

tally-counter-scenic.jpg

After the constant dirty tricks of the government MPs in their Better Together campaign, together with the obvious media bias, together with the strange and less than representative polling results, how can Scots anyone be sure the actual vote will be correctly counted and 100 percent transparent. ?

This has literally never happened before in politics, so I suppose we'll see a first in the coming weeks! :rolleyes:

Sadly for the country, there will be some nationalists morons who scream 'FIX' after the Scottish people vote no.

Tin foil hats at the ready people.

Tick tock, Lex. Tick tock.

I remember a media lead campaign to brainwash an entire country. Happened in a few countries two of which were USA and the UK. It happened after 9/11 and beyond and allowed Blair to take us in a war based on Sadam having Weapons of mass destruction. In hindsight we know the truth about this and American and British reasons for it.

Years later after spending countless Billions to have their people and our people killed that region is in a terrible state. However someone has profited from it.

The ever naive public laugh and joke about the ridiculous possibility of these things ever happening and especially by those eccentric top 2 percent of our state which happen to govern.

If you think your government is straight in all things then you might be a little short sighted.

I am going on the record here, I don't think there is going to be rigging in this election - from either side - and I hope I will be proven correct with that. It would be an huge embarrassment for a civilised democratic country trying to prove it is capable of running it's own affairs.

The only caveat I would give is that both the Conservatives and Labour have been found guilty of at worst outright vote fraud and at best extremely unethical behaviour.

Now, remember when we all laughed about how the government wasn't spying on us and that no way would the NSA and GCHQ monitoring our emails and telephone calls (even just the metadata). Remember how we all laughed at people who said that and how we claimed they were wearing tin hats?

I mean come on. Hundreds and hundreds of polls in the last 2 years - week in week out and not once have they wandered inadvertently into a YES demographic to give a 51 or 52 percent or higher result - even if that data is not representative. But on the other hand the polls can show all sorts of range between 30 and 48 percent but never over 50.

This all seems perfectly correct and believable to everyone?

Together with reports of polls showing high opinion towards independence being buried.

?????

I mean come on. Hundreds and hundreds of polls in the last 2 years - week in week out and not once have they wandered inadvertently into a YES demographic to give a 51 or 52 percent or higher result - even if that data is not representative. But on the other hand the polls can show all sorts of range between 30 and 48 percent but never over 50.

This all seems perfectly correct and believable to everyone?

Together with reports of polls showing high opinion towards independence being buried.

?????

The Yes campaign commissioned a poll a couple of weeks ago.

It had no infront.

Are they lying to you too?

The reason no has been ahead in every single poll is simple. No is ahead in reality.

The polls are the only shining light the bitter crowd have. After being shown to be liars, scare mongerers and highly patronising to all the polls, which don't reflect what is actually being said by people on the street, are their last vestiges of hope.

Am I say the polls are rigged? Of course not. Am I saying they are flawed? Yes. Am I saying they are wrong? Yes. Have the polls got is massively wrong before? Yes.

I agree that it could well be the case that NO are ahead. But I do believe that it is close and as such an SNP commissioned poll may well show NO in the lead in an individual poll. No surprises there.

However considering the non exact science of polling in general and the fairly close split in the sides that there would not have been a Yes majority in a fair few of those polls since they started.

Unless a bias is being applied.

Of course our government, media and journalism doesn't at all show a bias to either side - right?

I agree that could be the case. I do believe that it is close and as such an SNP commissioned poll may well show NO in the lead.

I however considering the non exact science of polling in general and the fairly close split in the sides that there would not have been a Yes majority in a fair few of those polls since they started.

Unless a bias is being applied.

Of course our government, media and journalism doesn't at all show a bias to either side - right?

It is a wee bit surprising that outliers for YES haven't happened apart from one a long while ago.

Archived