Worried about the vote credibility.

Polarcola

So why the London dig?

Like it or not there are a large number of Scots who live, work or study there.

I think it was a wee bit hypoctitical by the poster.

The person may or may not have a vote - his location shouldn't bar him from having an opinion.

If it's good enough for the Rev Stu it's good enough for this guy.

Rev Stu has never said he has the vote. He's certainly done a lot more work for the Yes side than most people.

The fact he has so many opponents and makes so many people unsettled shows how effective he is.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rev Stu has never said he has the vote. He's certainly done a lot more work for the Yes side than most people.

The fact he has so many opponents and makes so many people unsettled shows how effective he is.

I've no issue with him - he's perfectly entitled to his opinion.

But attacking because of someone's location smacks of greenhouses. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy - hence the rolleyes smiley.

I've no issue with him - he's perfectly entitled to his opinion.

But attacking because of someone's location smacks of greenhouses. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy - hence the rolleyes smiley.

Has this guy not said he has a vote? Hence the criticism?

Rev Stu has always stated he does not have a vote.

Here's a thought. If this guy is a student at a London university then he's entitled to list his parents address (presumably in Scotland) as his permanent residence and thus is able to vote.

It depends. Unless he spends every weekend at home the registration officer may take a dim view of him calling his parents address his permanent residence.

Apparently the lad has updated his profile to remove the mention of living in London and to change his location to Glasgow. The picture of him posting his postal vote on a London street is still there though.

I say apparently, once again the images are all over twitter, so you'll need to take it all with the usual sense of scepticism. One thing that isn't in doubt though is this little fluff piece for Labour Students - http://www.labourstudents.org.uk/callum-munro-on-why-hell-be-registering-students-to-vote - an article where he says he will be urging students to sign up to vote, which is fair enough no harm in that. However he goes on to say that poverty and tuition fees are the reasons they should vote.

Is anyone getting the glaring contradiction here? The Labour party he is banging the drum for will not make education free, yet the very place they are he is very publicly voting against?

Kinda wandered off the thread topic a bit now.

The thread is about bringing awareness of the UK governments desire to avoid a YES victory with any means possible. "At all costs"

Let's start to consider the possibility that this may happen and not be entirely "Above board"

The first couple of posts I read from you when I joined this forum made me think you had a point of view different to mine but had decent reasons for thinking what you think. However, subsequent posts have revealed you to be nothing more than a bitter bigot......another one for the ignore list...

More no voters playing the victim card. There was nothing bigoted about that post. Want me to throw an egg at you so you can join the Jim Murphy tinytears tour?

There are a few things our clever no voters have perhaps not considered.

1. The consequences of their victory

2. Their position with respect to the rest of Scotland after their "victory"

3. The next 40 years and Scotland becoming the next Ireland.

I would advise all you smart no voters to read up on the modern history of Ireland and the point at which that country decided it had had enough.

I want to see you clever No voters and your clever answers in about 15 or so years from now because I can tell you the ones that are determined are sitting opposite you.

Scotland gets independence starting on the 18th September 2014 or they get it at a later date with absolute dire consequences.

If you are not smart enough to see this then you deserve what is coming.

You're sounding more like Mr Bairn as every day goes past.

No its already past the patience point.

The government has seriously misjudged the determination now. The public is at above 60 percent. They are covering this. Additionally they are propagandizing a victory. I warn you to be careful on where you position yourself after 18 th september.

It's incredible for me to see the lackadaisical humour of the NO scots and their lack of vision for the coming hardships for them in that event. I envisage an influx of energy into seriously awful consequences. Look to our neighbors in Ireland.

Take 7 million disenfranchised Scots that have left Scotland and bettered their position in other lands. Stop worrying about Islam and start considering the amalgamation of angry homeland scots with their slightly more sophisticated departed brethren.

Archived