Worried about the vote credibility.

Polarcola

Personally I think YES will win because

1. YES voters are more likely to turn up and vote.

2. There are more YES voters out there than the polls or media portray.

3. It's the right and moral option.

4. The No campaign have dismissed us and that won't agree with the majority.

This is all assuming we are not about to witness a voting sham scam and have the winning number of YES ballots spoiled by a treacherous Westminster government.

1. Sort of, yes. However oldies are highly likely to turn up and pensioners are overwhelmingly No.

2. Any proof of that?

3. Not a reason why it WILL win

4. Again, any evidence?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not putting your money where your mouth is. That's throwing money at various different Yes campaigns.

I ask you again, not why do you want Yes to win but why do you think Yes WILL win?

1. My experience of doorstep canvassing in a town with many, many retired English ex-services personnel. I expected there to be a much higher No vote here but have been pleasantly surprised.
  2. The many people I talk to while delivering Yes newspapers here, at work, wherever.
  3. The reaction of people seeing my car with large Yes stickers plastered all over it.
  4. Being stopped in the street and asked for badges/car stickers/window posters.
  5. Most of all because I believe the people of Scotland know that we are just as capable of making our own policy decisions and that our own policies will serve our country better than Westminster's policies.

Old folk.

Very young folk.

Folk that have no interest in politics and don't trust any of them.

Rangers fans.

16-17 year old voters only account for 3% of the electorate.

Older voters might be a different issue as they consistently vote more frequently than younger age groups.

So people believe it's paranoid to think that there might be some government control over polls and voting results regarding the Scottish independence referendum.

What about the McCrone report which was hidden from the public under a top secret status from the Scottish people in the 70's

UK buried a top secret a report from the 70s that was commissioned by the Torys to establish Scotland's oil wealth. The report stated that if Scotland was independent it would become the wealthiest country in Europe. Everything was done to stop the rise of Scottish awareness of this..

So they used the money from our oil to build England's motorways and the channel tunnel. In the mean time they were closing down Scotland's industries and reducing Scotland's influence in the UK

Some links.

This next one is in Gaelic but with English subtitles. It goes back to the turn of the century regarding the history of Scottish desire to have devolution but midway in explains the findings of the McCrone report.

So even though the McCrone report is over 38 years old I bet you and you dog has never heard about it or what it's contents entail. That's 8 years since it's contents have become public but try a search of the BBC or any uk media outlet.

But more importantly that this is the fact that your government is continuing the lies that they have documented themselves in there own commissioned report.

There is no fool like a fool Scots fool!

Sean Connery is a prominent Yes campaigner, he lives in the states.

Sean hasn't posted a picture of his ballot paper with a Kirky address.

Well he could have moved after the registration date. In the same way new residents can't vote, people who were resident wouldn't lose them if they moved away.

I think the most telling point is he looks a grinning gimp c**t who loves a bit of English cock, which does sum up the No camp pretty well, imo.

Who has never made any secret of the fact.

So why the London dig?

Like it or not there are a large number of Scots who live, work or study there.

I think it was a wee bit hypoctitical by the poster.

The person may or may not have a vote - his location shouldn't bar him from having an opinion.

If it's good enough for the Rev Stu it's good enough for this guy.

Archived