Airdrieonians v Stirling Albion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly Alloa charging £16 had an affect on our travelling support and I imagine this will be exactly the same

It will be exactly the same with home fans as has always been - and with me this week after our pathetic start to the season. Most home fans agree that £16 is ridiculous for any match at this level.

Scottish football as a whole has been on a massive decline for years now. Our attendances drop every year and it'll continue to get worse. The value for money is nonexistent.

I think they've got every right to moan. £16 is a ridiculous price. However our prices are never going to go down as long as Ballantyne is in charge. He has chased away half our own support and not cared, so isn't going to give a toss if he chases away other teams supports.

With the price of petrol these days going to games in a second hand Bentley ain't cheap guys.

That £3 must come in handy for fuel and nibbles on the way to a game with some loose change for a meal deal for two on the way home to the scheme.

It's not about the £3. It's the fact that fans are being exploited

It would appear that both sets of supporters are being exploited, surprised by the reaction of Airdrieonians FC to their own supporters when they complained about the price. Do they offer cut price season tickets to their supporters as an incentive to buy one?

At the Albion it costs an Adult £175 for a season ticket for 18 League games works out at under a tenner per game over the season. What is the price at Airdrieonians for a Adult season ticket?

To clarify to Stirling fans - Because Airdrie do not own the stadium we have to pay (expensive) rent which puts up our admission prices a few quid. As crowds continue to fall anyway, lowering the price to attract old/new fans hasn't worked in the past due to various reasons - Cost of admission still too high, total disasters on the pitch season after season, a lack of communication from the club creating a feeling of uncertainty about what direction we are heading in, poor atmosphere created in a soulless lego land stadium which sits 1/20th full most home games and in general a very poor match day experience. So the price will remain the same to milk the hardcore fanbase - who are also continuing to reduce in numbers year after year.

It's not just Airdrie where crowds are falling. Scottish football is light years behind even English football.

To clarify to Stirling fans - Because Airdrie do not own the stadium we have to pay (expensive) rent which puts up our admission prices a few quid. As crowds continue to fall anyway, lowering the price to attract old/new fans hasn't worked in the past due to various reasons - Cost of admission still too high, total disasters on the pitch season after season, a lack of communication from the club creating a feeling of uncertainty about what direction we are heading in, poor atmosphere created in a soulless lego land stadium which sits 1/20th full most home games and in general a very poor match day experience. So the price will remain the same to milk the hardcore fanbase - who are also continuing to reduce in numbers year after year.

It's not just Airdrie where crowds are falling. Scottish football is light years behind even English football.

Airdrie pay two grand for the stadium its hardly expensive :(

This Saturday the Albion make the short journey to Airdrie to face bottom of the table Airdrieonians at the Excelsior Stadium.

Following the away win last week at Stenhousemuir by the Albion can we make it 2 in a trot and gain another 3 points to help with our goal of staying in the 1st Division this season. I think we can but we must tighten up at the back.

The Albion`s record of 8 conceded in 3 games is the worst in the Division and we need to address this problem otherwise we will be fighting relegation back to Division 2.

Team wise I can`t see much change from the team that beat Stenhousemuir on Saturday.

Hopefully our defence will be up to the task on Saturday and another 3 points in the bag to help us maintain our status in Division 1

Agreed it is over the odds for a 1st Division game. Are the facilities at Airdrie worth the price compared to the £13 the Albion charge at Forthbank. I don`t think so. We should be encouraging people to go along to games and at this price I don`t think so. People don`t have that much spare cash these days what with rising costs and will pick and chose very carefully on where they spend their money.

£16 would be ok if it was a 1st division game as you state, but, you are not in the 1st division, neither are we. Jeeezo.

£16 to get in? Ridiculous pricing

Fair enough. If Airdrie want to piss off away fans into not attending and lose the revenue from them, that's fine.

Bad enough away fans being emotionally distraught at the thought of bursting the bank (£3) for their 2x trip to Airdrie per year. Spare a thought for the home fans who pay this every other Saturday only to leave at half time because you can't physically watch it anymore. Get er' it.

Airdrie pay two grand for the stadium its hardly expensive :(

Which would be £104,000 per year which is pretty expensive for a club operating within our means which are minimal in the first place.

However, I think you have been misinformed or are taking a guess. The rent is considerably higher than £2000 per week and rises in price for higher class games. I don't know where you pulled that figure from.

Which would be £104,000 per year which is pretty expensive for a club operating within our means which are minimal in the first place.

However, I think you have been misinformed or are taking a guess. The rent is considerably higher than £2000 per week and rises in price for higher class games. I don't know where you pulled that figure from.

It was around £3,300 per game last season for the hire of the stadium & use of staff. The club then need to pay stewarding on top of this. Over 18 home games - it costs roughly £60,000 a year to rent.

16 pound is a bit to much, but all scottish clubs are basiclly the same.the game is getting priced out of the working mans pocket if you have kids, the admission costs pies at half time etc its not a cheap day out.you can watch bayern munich for 16 euros, fantastic stadium great players and have a pint at the game. the germans have got it right not onlly on the park but of it.anyway back to talking fitba steven doris will miss saturdays game,should be back after the international break.after his performance against peterhead a class above anybody else on the park.

A lot of people missing the point here. Of course an extra £3 isn't going to bankrupt anyone. But fans have their limits and for a lot of fans that limit comes in somewhere between £13 and £16 for League 1 football. Also, the cost of Airdrie's rent is completely irrelevant, because it has no influence on whether fans attend or not.

I firmly believe that Airdrie will lose revenue from away fans this season by pricing at £16 rather than £13, because enough fans will be put off going to outweigh the increase in revenue from each individual fan. That's not even taking programmes, food etc. into account.

I don't know whether it will affect home fans in the same way, because with season tickets and knowledge that your own club keeps the cash it's a bit different. But just because price reductions don't work to increase revenue, it does not follow that price increases will increase revenue.

More importantly, all of the above is looking at this from a short term perspective only. It doesn't take into account that continued high prices, season after season, gradually push more and more loyal fans away, who will more often than not, be lost permanently. Airdrie's dwindling attendances in the last 10 years suggest that is the case.

Archived