Airdrieonians v Stirling Albion

This Saturday the Albion make the short journey to Airdrie to face bottom of the table Airdrieonians at the Excelsior Stadium.

Following the away win last week at Stenhousemuir by the Albion can we make it 2 in a trot and gain another 3 points to help with our goal of staying in the 1st Division this season. I think we can but we must tighten up at the back.

The Albion`s record of 8 conceded in 3 games is the worst in the Division and we need to address this problem otherwise we will be fighting relegation back to Division 2.

Team wise I can`t see much change from the team that beat Stenhousemuir on Saturday.

Hopefully our defence will be up to the task on Saturday and another 3 points in the bag to help us maintain our status in Division 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie will dish out a pumping here - only because I'm not going.

Not much to fear about the Stirling team. Big Coult should provide some hilarity.

We played OK at the start vs Dunfy and should have beat Stenny. The problem seems to be the heads going down again when we concede.

Hopefully we can score first, play with some confidence and get our season up and running.

£16 to get in? Ridiculous pricing

Agreed it is over the odds for a 1st Division game. Are the facilities at Airdrie worth the price compared to the £13 the Albion charge at Forthbank. I don`t think so. We should be encouraging people to go along to games and at this price I don`t think so. People don`t have that much spare cash these days what with rising costs and will pick and chose very carefully on where they spend their money.

Agreed it is over the odds for a 1st Division game. Are the facilities at Airdrie worth the price compared to the £13 the Albion charge at Forthbank. I don`t think so. We should be encouraging people to go along to games and at this price I don`t think so. People don`t have that much spare cash these days what with rising costs and will pick and chose very carefully on where they spend their money.

Nah don't think you do tbh so here it is again

£16 to get in? Ridiculous pricing

Write to the club, lads, if you're so massively upset about £3.

More likely they just won't go to a game they otherwise would have.

We go through this pricing argument twice a season, usually with the Stenny fans.

There's no point in going over, once more, the reasons behind it.

If £3 is the difference between you attending and not, that's fine. It's not going to change.

We go through this pricing argument twice a season, usually with the Stenny fans.

There's no point in going over, once more, the reasons behind it.

If £3 is the difference between you attending and not, that's fine. It's not going to change.

Fair enough. If Airdrie want to piss off away fans into not attending and lose the revenue from them, that's fine.

Fair enough. If Airdrie want to piss off away fans into not attending and lose the revenue from them, that's fine.

I can assure you, it pisses of home fans more and the club aint worried. I hardly think they're going to bend over backwards for tens of Albion fans who aren't prepared to pay an additional £3.

I can assure you, it pisses of home fans more and the club aint worried. I hardly think they're going to bend over backwards for tens of Albion fans who aren't prepared to pay an additional £3.

They should tbh

The club's blind faith in fans' loyalty will cost them. Fans have their limits for acceptable pricing, especially these days, and £16 for a league 1 game is beyond the limit for a lot of them.

The club's blind faith in fans' loyalty will cost them. Fans have their limits for acceptable pricing, especially these days, and £16 for a league 1 game is beyond the limit for a lot of them.

That's how many feel and our attendances are testament to that.

The home fans come out of this much, much worse than the away fans over a season. We like it as much as you. It's not going to change because a few fans moan on a public forum.

That's my last on this as it really is broken record stuff.

That's how many feel and our attendances are testament to that.

The home fans come out of this much, much worse than the away fans over a season. We like it as much as you. It's not going to change because a few fans moan on a public forum.

That's my last on this as it really is broken record stuff.

Fair enough, but while the bit in bold is true, it misses the point - the club should be taking note of the dropping attendances.

Archived