Ardeer Thistle

three toons gossip

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever takes the job will get shafted anyway jst like Stevie,silky n cookie n the cat! Take nothin away Frm the boys result today which was great, bt there's a dick Turpin in the mix n until there exposed there's a bleak future for the theestle

Whoever takes the job will get shafted anyway jst like Stevie,silky n cookie n the cat! Take nothin away Frm the boys result today which was great, bt there's a dick Turpin in the mix n until there exposed there's a bleak future for the theestle

Sounds very similar to a few clubs at that level. No matter how well a manager performs, sometimes their face doesn't fit in the committees' eyes and they're canned unceremoniously!

I can assure you that cookie n cat faces fitted very well n brought ardeer great success on a ametuer budget! Pity they ddnt get some of the cash they raised to help them through a very tough league

I can assure you that cookie n cat faces fitted very well n brought ardeer great success on a ametuer budget! Pity they ddnt get some of the cash they raised to help them through a very tough league

Cookie n cat looked more animated today than they did through the whole pre-season and league cup campaign,which was dire at times.That said Ardeer is not without it's problems it would seem,and no,I don't have anything to do with the Ardeer committee.

Was that when neilston scored lol! I doubt they wld do cartwheels n give players a hard time during pre season or league cups games when managers try different systems n new players,I never asked if you were attached to ardeer so strange why you say that? Anyway all I'm sayin and as the old song goes that"there's a rat in the kitchen wot ardeer gonni do"r they gonni fix that rat? Time will tell the truth always comes out.

Ardeer gave a great account of fight back ability del Gemmill will get them going as he's a fighter and motivator in all fairness had they should have gone on and won the game, too much bad press credit where credit is due, well done jags!!

The Management team done the correct thing in resigning due to money missing / unaccounted for.

This isn`t the first time that this has happened under the present committees watch, in which they seemed to have swept it under the carpet. again !!!

Questions need to be asked and answered by those responsible for running the club and resignations should follow accordingly.

Unfortunately I don`t think that this will be the outcome and the present committee will continue to be unaccountable.

Finally, I fear that the team will return back to where it was before Derek & the Cat took over which shows its more about the committee than the team.

The Management team done the correct thing in resigning due to money missing / unaccounted for.

This isn`t the first time that this has happened under the present committees watch, in which they seemed to have swept it under the carpet. again !!!

Questions need to be asked and answered by those responsible for running the club and resignations should follow accordingly.

Unfortunately I don`t think that this will be the outcome and the present committee will continue to be unaccountable.

Finally, I fear that the team will return back to where it was before Derek & the Cat took over which shows its more about the committee than the team.

I hear that's not what Derek Cook was quoted as saying in the paper. In junior fitba it's always more about the committee than the team.No committee.....no team.

When the paper wrote the story, talks between the Management and Committee were ongoing to resolve the problems of the missing / unaccounted funds and at that time there were no official resignations announced by the club.

Only when and after the committee refused to remove those responsible for not being able to account for the club funds was there notification of a resignation from the club.

Re No Committee / No Team. Its not a case of there not being people to run Ardeer. Its about some of the present committee members being unaccountable for the above and refusing to step down..

On the clubs website (officials page) there is no Treasurer`s position which is very strange in itself..

The final comment I will make on this subject is -

1/ Why has the club not responded to the claims made.

2/ Why did the club quickly close down its FB page when people were asking questions ?.

3/ Why does the club not refute the claims being made by many local people and in doing so, put together a written statement to the contrary whereby all committee members sign it ?.

IMO the answers to the 3 questions are - that the committee are remaining tight lipped in the hope that the problem will just disappear and allow them to carry on as if nothing has happened.

well said

When the paper wrote the story, talks between the Management and Committee were ongoing to resolve the problems of the missing / unaccounted funds and at that time there were no official resignations announced by the club.

Only when and after the committee refused to remove those responsible for not being able to account for the club funds was there notification of a resignation from the club.

Re No Committee / No Team. Its not a case of there not being people to run Ardeer. Its about some of the present committee members being unaccountable for the above and refusing to step down..

On the clubs website (officials page) there is no Treasurer`s position which is very strange in itself..

The final comment I will make on this subject is -

1/ Why has the club not responded to the claims made.

2/ Why did the club quickly close down its FB page when people were asking questions ?.

3/ Why does the club not refute the claims being made by many local people and in doing so, put together a written statement to the contrary whereby all committee members sign it ?.

IMO the answers to the 3 questions are - that the committee are remaining tight lipped in the hope that the problem will just disappear and allow them to carry on as if nothing has happened.

Made some further enquiries this morning.Seemingly, again according to the paper,Derek Cook made his resignation statement to them on Mon.25th Aug without memtioning any accusations of financial wrongdoing.He spoke of not being 100% sure the assurances he had been given on the costs of running the club could be met. Seemingly he also added there had been no fall out.The paper came out on the 27thAug with no mention of ongoing talks.

Not really for me to get involved in ardeers business but I've known Derek cook from way back as a beith juniors player and I've met him In our hospitality at half time when he's came back to beith games when his own team haven't been involved in games on that given day.

Derek cook is one of the most decent, genuine and trustworthy guys in the junior game and I would believe his side of events over most in the junior game.

I've no idea what's went on at ardeer but I reckon they will miss Derek cook and what he provided for the club both on and off the park.

You're right, I think the whole thing has been handled shambolically both by the club, and, those who resigned.From the ill advised statement to the press on the Mon. by the manager in which ,as the guy above points. out there didn't seem to be any mention of on going talks.He would have been better off not saying anything in my opinion.I'm also wondering if at the meeting with the players on the same Mon. the players were given the same reasons for the resignations as the paper? How was the matter of unaccounted finances going to be resolved to the managements satisfaction? By one or more of the committee resigning,or, by the making up of the shortfall? To the club not having a treasurer ,leaving itself wide open to right or wrong accusations of "shortfalls" in the club's finances.Keepng the resignations off the website till later in the week wasn't a great idea . The statement in press by the club official saying the everything was hunky-dory wasn't either. The outcome of all this is that everybody is having the finger pointed at them without the public knowing any ..............facts.

Here are the facts of what happened

Here are the facts as they happened.

1/ At the committee meeting on Sat 23rd Aug, there was questions raised in regard to a shortfall in the club finances This was according to what was left over from the end of the previous season and to what income was raised prior the date of the said meeting.

2/ With no explanation of where the unaccounted money was, a main committee member walked away stating that he was resigning and offered his job to someone else of which he had no right to do.

3/ The Management team and Coaches felt they could not be involved in a club where money had went missing / unaccounted for and offered their resignations accordingly.

4/ The Committee member who walked away from the club then re-instated himself while talks were still ongoing - however the press did get hold of the story during this time and published a statement from a club official. In the meantime, the club had not accepted the managements resignation.

5/ There was a meeting with the players on Monday 25th where they were informed of the reason that the Management were resigning.

6/ Some Committee members were in agreement that finances were unaccounted for and that it would be addressed. This would hopefully help the Management reconsider their resignations if all was sorted.

7/ Those same Committee Members then went back on what they said by way of resolving the issue of unaccounted finances. Only then was the Managers resignation accepted and placed this on their official website on Friday 29th August.

8/ The club has made no statement (and still hasn`t) of why the Management team resigned.

9/ On Sunday 31st Aug, the club announced new appointments in regard to a new management team from in house. One of those appointed was also and still remains a Committee Member who was fully aware of the unaccounted finances.

No matter how much the committee try to remain tight lipped, the above facts are now common knowledge locally.

Those committee members who have any decency,should do the right thing for the club and its supporters because if they don`t, they then become as bad as those who caused the problem in the 1st place.

And this will be my final post on the matter.

What'ts fact 9 supposed to mean? In your opinion was him who was to blame?

Archived