East Fife v Shire

Thought we played some decent stuff at times. Result was never in doubt as East Stirling were simply guff.

We know we have the players capable of winning this league. Like every season we struggle to get off the mark. Hopefully that's us on our way now! Really like the look of McShane. McAleer and Walker had good games.

The right back from Hearts (Liam Smith?) put in some fantastic crosses too and it really should of been a lot more.

East Fife were far from outstanding but after a poor start a win was all that mattered.East Stirling players worked very hard but created little and conceded terrible goals.Off field matters are playing a part at Bayview with a strange atmosphere in the ground.

Tapping should never have been dropped from the team last season. And what happened to Tully's promise that he would not be be playing in the first team?

Tully needs to turn this shit around now before it gets desperate.

Tapping wasn't really dropped last season, after he was 1st brought in he played quite consistently, and Tully played yesterday because Bolo was suspended and Townsley wasn't 100%, not really his fault. He also played quite well anyway, done his job.

Pish, not good enough. Jordan Tapping changed the game for us but the game was over as a contest by then.

We are embarrassing to watch and 24 goals conceeded and 6 scored in 6 games just goes to show. Maybe the players need to get a finger out, or perhaps they simply aren't good enough for this level. Who knows?

On the other hand, I've always loved the rolling hills and scenery of the Borders so Selkirk and Gala away isn't all bad...

"Shire Voice Of Reason" doesn't sound like a very accurate username to me...

Tulls played out of neccesity . Bolo was suspended, and there were doubts that Chris could last the 90. Tapps has not been "dropped" . I beleive he hasn't had the same oppurtunity to prepare for pre-season , and not for footballing reasons. I'm of the impression that Tulls rates him very highly , and he'll soon feature prominently. Tulls gave a good account of himself on Saturday anyway.

We've only failed to score in one out of four league games. The clear problem is goals conceded. I think this is more of a midfield problem than a defensive one. Hopefully the return of McCabe (who was great in the reserve match against Raith Rovers) will help.

Tapps has not been "dropped" . I beleive he hasn't had the same oppurtunity to prepare for pre-season , and not for footballing reasons. I'm of the impression that Tulls rates him very highly , and he'll soon feature prominently. Tulls gave a good account of himself on Saturday anyway.

We've only failed to score in one out of four league games. The clear problem is goals conceded. I think this is more of a midfield problem than a defensive one. Hopefully the return of McCabe (who was great in the reserve match against Raith Rovers) will help.

Really? He integrated himself into the team after Christmas, and was the equal of any defender on the pitch whilst still at school. Then after the Peterhead game and the racist chanting JC never played him again, and very rarely even put him on the bench. That wasn't pre-season fitness. This season he hasn't been on the bench until we have been desperate, and yet by all accounts played great. Tapping is probably the best player to come through Shire's youth set up in the last ten years and should be on the pitch from the start.

You are correct about the problem at the back, which surprises me as we have some experienced players in there. We just need to get them on the pitch.

Oh, and start playing some better music at half time. ;) If you're going to play "Do I Love You?", then at least make it the Frank Wilson original.

Archived