Shit characters in good TV programmes

The OP

Lisa and Grandpa shouldn't be on this list, although Lisa has no funny lines she is a good supporting character

and Grandpa,

tumblr_mgzy4uqBXr1qfrrv2o1_500.png

From the Simpsons, I'd say the poorest characters were the once introduced later like, Gill , Crazy cat lady and Rich Texan Guy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bits with caramela and the priest were the dullest sopranos bits for me. Certainly don't agree with grandpa or Lisa, Lisa the vegetarian is a classic episode for example. Rev livejoy would be one of the poorer characters for me. Completely agree with Daphne's family in Fraser. Phoebe was a dick but so was Monica at the end and friends wasn't ever great despite its bland popularity. Jerrys parents in Seinfeld weren't the best.

I have no idea who this is.

Can't believe the Artie Bucco hate. He's supposed to be cringeworthy when he is practicing intimidation in the mirror. He's an average schmo who isn't cut out to be a gangster and he is pretending he is Travis Bickle. That, combined with his actual confrontation is brilliant.

James Hurley from Twin Peaks.

He's so fucking boring and it doesn't help that the guy playing him can't act. Constant "Oh, I'm falling in love with you", coupled with deep soul searching, and an awful storyline where he pisses off on his motorbike before returning.

I just remembered that Calamity Jane in Deadwood is more annoying than a wasp in a car. They really went for something with her characterization, but it was far too annoying to work.

I also thought that Sol's character didn't really work either. I just didn't buy the character, I think mainly this time due to the actor who played him. And whilst I'm pounding anyone who isn't Al Swearengen, Trixie's hardbitten hooker with a heart of gold was annoyingly cheesy and cliched.

I haven't checked if this has been mentioned, however I offer you Guinan in Star Trek TNG.

Agreed. Perhaps I didn't watch the show enough to really get what she was about, but generally characters who contribute nothing to any solution and do nothing but sit and spout supposedly profound advice to the main characters are annoying as hell.

Perhaps slightly controversial, but I was never enamored by Worf, a very one-dimensional character that brought very little to the series. Any time over the years that I've watched through old episodes I've always skipped those shite Worf-centred episodes (some two-parters as far as I remember).

I see what you're saying, but I thought his character development was excellent in DS9. Not so much in TNG.

Yeah, I suppose he was developed more in DS9, though I never did finish that and only caught about half of the episodes through the first 3/4 seasons.

While we're on spacey stuff, "Apollo" Adama Jnr in the Battlestar Galactica remake was a shit character, brought nothing to the series nor any of the story arcs and was generally unlikeable.

Chumlee (sp?) from Pawn Stars....useless lazy c**t would have been sacked from any other job by now!

I'm starting to dislike Pawn Stars. Half the episodes are about these "characters". Last week they had what felt like half an hour on the old man getting a haircut. And every week they set Chumlee up to fail and he somehow comes through. Bolox.

"Monkey" Harris in Only Fools was so bad that he never even made an appearance on screen.

Paddy the Greek too.

My vote goes to Peter Perfect in Wacky Races. He's not 'wacky' and is clearly a bit of a c**t.

Archived