Shit characters in good TV programmes

The OP

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another show I've been rewatching recently is Frasier - one of my favourite sitcoms of all time and I've just got SKY+ so I've been storing them up. Good God Daphne's family were all absolutely horrific, particularly her brother Simon. Anthony LaPaglia won an Emmy for playing an obnoxious version of Poochie with a dreadful English

He actually won an award for that?! I'm watching an episode with him just now and it's cringeworthy.

I really don't get the hype with the wire. The first series was brilliant, the second was shite. The next few were quite good.

Walt Jnr - Breaking Bad

Janice Soprano - The Sopranos

Ziggy - The wire

Ricks son - The walking dead

Margaret Thompson - Boardwalk Empire

Cersi Baratheon - Game of thrones

Sarah Tancredi - Prison Break

Outstanding trolling. The vein on my temple is about ready to pop with seethe :lol:

I'd say Pheobe from Friends. First couple of seasons she was decent enough, thereafter I felt she was a bit of a spare.

Outstanding trolling. The vein on my temple is about ready to pop with seethe :lol:

I'd say Pheobe from Friends. First couple of seasons she was decent enough, thereafter I felt she was a bit of a spare.

I must be the only one who thought Phoebe got better as the series went on - her "zaniness" in the first few seasons was annoying as f*ck.

Voyager is such a good call.

By the end of the thing I realised I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters, whether they survived or not. That fcuking Chikotay and the blonde dude in particular, utter irrelevent cockfaces. Noone's stories struck a chord...

...with the exception of Janeway, who started out in the first few seasons as the worst, most plastic leader in Star Trek history, but by the end had build a strong and likeable character.

By the end of the thing I realised I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters, whether they survived or not. That fcuking Chikotay and the blonde dude in particular, utter irrelevent cockfaces. Noone's stories struck a chord...

...with the exception of Janeway, who started out in the first few seasons as the worst, most plastic leader in Star Trek history, but by the end had build a strong and likeable character.

I will never forgive Voyager for weakening the Borg. In The Next Generation they were feared, but one ship in the middle of nowhere managed to 1. survive and 2. wipe out a whole load. Thankfully the extended timeline brought back some of the fear factor, until they chickened out by their ending of the Destiny Triology.

The best character in Voyager by miles was a computer program with no actual name.

That does suggest the other character were a bit pish.

Janice Soprano - The Sopranos

Agree to an extent but she was portrayed by a reasonably good actress and that helped move it beyond the obvious attempt to repeat the formula of the mother trying to get Tony whacked in series one. Silvio, AJ and Big Pussy were mediocre at best in terms of the acting and that could have sunk the show but they got away with it because they got the casting of so many of the other characters absolutely spot on.

Silvio, AJ and Big Pussy were mediocre at best in terms of the acting and that could have sunk the show but they got away with it because they got the casting of so many of the other characters absolutely spot on.

AJ and Big Pussy I can accept. On Silvio, you're just wrong. Bearing in mind Steve Van Zandt had no acting experience whatsoever, prior to The Sopranos, he's plays the part of Silvio brilliantly.

AJ and Big Pussy I can accept. On Silvio, you're just wrong. Bearing in mind Steve Van Zandt had no acting experience whatsoever, prior to The Sopranos, he's plays the part of Silvio brilliantly.

Exactly, Silvio can change a whole scene with just a facial expression.

You are making allowances for the lack of previous acting experience. I'm not. Think he was included in the cast to help boost the ratings during the first series, which makes sense. Think if anyone could change a scene with one look it was more Paulie Walnuts.

Carl or (Coral) from the Walking Dead - Annoying little ungrateful sh*t

Andrea from the Walking Dead

Walt Jnr from Breaking Bad - See Carl above

Lincoln from Prison Break - after the first series he was pretty much obsolete and a sh*te actor to boot. The guy who played Michael was also a pretty sh*t actor.

Ray's Wife from Ray Donovan - Really disinterested in anything that happens with her in the series

Cleveland from Family Guy - can't belive he got a spin-off as well!

Klaus from American Dad - had his moments sometimes, but generally invisible

You are making allowances for the lack of previous acting experience. I'm not. Think he was included in the cast to help boost the ratings during the first series, which makes sense. Think if anyone could change a scene with one look it was more Paulie Walnuts.

I'm not making allowances, I'm using it to highlight just how good he is.

Definitely Lisa Simpson.

The Simpsons movie made me realise most of the humour in the show doesn't actually come from the Simpson family themselves, but from their interactions with the incidental characters: Burns, Moe, Barney, Apu, etc. A movie which focussed almost entirely on the Simpson family barely made me laugh at all.

Phoebe from Friends is another good shout.

Archived