Shit characters in good TV programmes

The OP

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of The Sopranos, Joseph R Gannascoli (Vito Spatafore) was a guy who couldn't really act who was given far too prominent a role by the 'mafia guy is outed as gay' storyline. Watching him waddle about New Hampshire and pull moustachioed bikers who were clearly out of his league for a few episodes was really shit.

On the subject of The Sopranos, Joseph R Gannascoli (Vito Spatafore) was a guy who couldn't really act who was given far too prominent a role by the 'mafia guy is outed as gay' storyline. Watching him waddle about New Hampshire and pull moustachioed bikers who were clearly out of his league for a few episodes was really shit.

Johnnycakes sadly topped himself in real life. A very tragic affair.

If we're talking about The Sopranos it has to be Artie Bucco for me. Between his hand gestures and sheer desperation to fit in the man is just a wall of cringe.

Was going to post the same. Whilst Janice is an annoying hoor, she's supposed to be that. Artie is just a really shit guy. Epitomised by the shit earring he gains (and subsequently loses in one of his shitty outbursts).

Silvio is my favourite character in the entire series.

Have you ever seen/ heard of Lilyhammer? It's Steve van zandt playing a mafioso who gets put in witness protection in Lillehammer. It's excellent and if you enjoyed Silvio then you would probably enjoy it. A lot of it is in Norwegian and subtitles but you get used to it after an episode or 2.

Was going to post the same. Whilst Janice is an annoying hoor, she's supposed to be that. Artie is just a really shit guy. Epitomised by the shit earring he gains (and subsequently loses in one of his shitty outbursts).

The scene where he's practicing in the mirror what he's going to say to the French fella who ripped him off is one of the cringiest things I have ever seen.

Can't believe the Silvio Dante shout. Easily in the top 5 characters for me. Even though she's obviously crucial to the show, any Dr Melfi scenes not featuring Tony were shite. The scenes with her and arsehole family talking out some plot exposition were always mind numbing. Wid though.

Bit off topic because not a bad character as such but RE The Wire, every time I see something involving Aidan Gillen I feel like Mugatu in the "crazy pills" scene. He keeps getting big gigs and critical acclaim but he just seems absolutely atrocious in everything to me.

I've no idea what it is I'm not getting about him.

Phoebe from friends is such a good shout, i had never really thought about it before but she really is just a complete nuisance throughout and rarely funny just fucking weird and not very attractive.

I think with Skylar and Walt jnr they are supposed to be annoying as they are trying to get on with their lives when all sorts of hell is going on in Walts life, they act as a stall in the show when there is a lot of action going on so thats why they are pretty annoying characters.

I think with Skylar and Walt jnr they are supposed to be annoying as they are trying to get on with their lives when all sorts of hell is going on in Walts life, they act as a stall in the show when there is a lot of action going on so thats why they are pretty annoying characters.

Annoying or not annoying, on purpose or not on purpose, the point is that Walt Jnr is a shiit character. He's moreorless irrelevant.

Annoying or not annoying, on purpose or not on purpose, the point is that Walt Jnr is a shiit character. He's moreorless irrelevant.

I suppose so, he didn't really bother me throughout watching it though. I always disliked Skylar but not in the way i thought she was a poorly cast character.

I hate Chris Griffin - now theres a fucking annoying irrelevant unfunny character!

jameshurley.jpg

I have no idea who this is.

Can't believe the Artie Bucco hate. He's supposed to be cringeworthy when he is practicing intimidation in the mirror. He's an average schmo who isn't cut out to be a gangster and he is pretending he is Travis Bickle. That, combined with his actual confrontation is brilliant.

Archived