CLASH OF THE TITANS: Clyde-OKI v BRFC

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fear not, it's clearly part of the pre-arranged agreement between the two clubs. Our brothers will return the favour down there in December.

For what it's worth, it's been an utterly inept performance. Berwick have hit the woodwork twice and I'd not at all have begrudged Berwick being further ahead. O'Donnell has been a class above anyone else in our time but, in saying that, that wouldn't be difficult at the moment.

Fear not, it's clearly part of the pre-arranged agreement between the two clubs. Our brothers will return the favour down there in December.

This is clever from the two clubs. In allowing the away team to win on each occasion, fans can take advantage of the best odds. Thoughtful.

I want to apologise to all connected with BRFC on behalf of Clyde Football Club. Clearly, the command of allowing Berwick to win was misinterpreted somewhere around the 75th minute mark. I, for one, was outraged and will be sending an angrily worded letter to the club to voice my disgust as, the actions of my club have made me feel both ashamed and embarrassed.

History does indeed repeat itself it would seem... Berwick 3-1 up and get a man sent off with Clyde scoring a scenes-inducing equaliser.

Standing next to a Berwick fan on the train who's disconsolately reading a book and I want to wrap an arm of friendship around him. Thoughts on the game later but we were much, much better in the second half. O'Donnell was utterly delightful. Frances was utterly dreadful.

Edited to add: Watt was completely useless, as he has been since the Ayr game. A goal at Ibrox shouldn't change that because Daly came on and changed the complexion of the match.

Where to start with that?

Embarrassing first half performance with our goal coming from a mistake between goalkeeper and defender. First Berwick goal was a cross that hit Marsh and teed up their boy for an easy finish, second another cross ball which no one attacked and Barclay fumbled the save over the line.

Good passing move from Berwick to open us up for the third then suddenly we started to play. Quelle surprise when you give the ball to your most creative player, he'll do something. Good skill from Fergie to skin the left back and then drew the foul from the centre half for an easy penalty award, calmly tucked away by McManus. Another great header from Daly to find the corner for scenes.

Young was teed up but he bizarrely tried to pass it towards the back post and it was cleared on the line and Berwick also had effort off the line, as well as a great save by Barclay with his legs as Berwick once again opened us up. They also hit the woodwork a few times throughout the game.

Didn't quite see the sending off - did he just rugby tackle our player off the ball? Mind you I don't think it would have taken much for that referee who clearly detests Berwick to send one of their players off.

First half was abysmal though and Ferguson has to go through them. Marsh and McQueen looked really short of confidence, even scared, Frances isn't a full back and McKinnon was done after 10 minutes.

Not at game due to work ,but well done mick daly no better way to shut up your critics son , so I will shut up no need for follow up pish like at last etc

No surprise he came on for the useless Watt at half time.

O'Donnell on that performance will be a great addition. He just looks like a higher level player. Daly should be starting with McManus and Watt can come on if we need him to change a game.

I'm going to say it...but we missed McColm down the left today. I'm astounded he's been told to leave.

Didn't quite see the sending off - did he just rugby tackle our player off the ball? Mind you I don't think it would have taken much for that referee who clearly detests Berwick to send one of their players off.

The opposite. Your lad absolutely cleaned Currie out after he knocked it past him. It seemed to me a clear red, your lads arm was wrapped around Curries chest and he made absolutely no attempt to play the ball. It looked like a case of taking one for the team. I've heard suggestions Currie kicked out during the tumble (understandably if so), but I never saw that. Even if he did, it was a double red. DL was also denied a stonewaller.

All that being said, I couldn't think of a better club to share he points with :wub:

Clyde's goals were shocking from a Berwick point of view. Jacobs wouldn't stop diving in on Ferguson and when he cleverly wriggled into the box you could see what was coming. As for the equaliser, we had 3-4 men watch the boy swing the cross over. Maxwell looked out on his arse, not one of them closed him down. It was a good goal, but I feel it could have easily have been prevented.

Frustrating as it is to bottle the lead, we played some really good stuff going forward and have some key players out. Today for me highlighted how much we miss Tulloch. Hopefully he starts next time out.

We had plenty of chances. Gold smashed the bar from 25 yards an Lavery hit a lovely volley off it from 15. Hoskins missed an absolute sitter at 3-1, Jacobs almost netted at the end and there were plenty of others. As long as we're creating that many chances and netting 3 a game, we'll do well.

Nick Walsh is a fucking p***k, though.

It was a clear red card ffs, he tried to headbutt O'Donnell when they were wrestling on the ground. Ref noticed it straight away and correctly sent him off. Not saying O'Donnell was innocent in the incident (I think he got a yellow card?) but it was an obvious sending off for Currie

Terrible for an hour.... Subs at least turned the game around a bit, certainly Daly for Watt. The fact McKinnon came off was the difference not particularly who replaced him. Great cross from O'Donnell for Daly's goal.

O'Donnell will make a difference when he gets some games, some good touches today and was more involved as the game went on.

Still huge improvement in performance required, the team was not good enough today, nowhere near it, but take what we can get I suppose..Berwick are not a bad side at all , will be ripping they never won that

My take on the red card, the guy was going past SOD so he grabbed on to his shirt and pulled him down, a yellow card any day of the week but no excuse from the Berwick lad, if you plant the head on someone you are taking a walk pure and simple.

As for the game first half we were rotten, kept giving the ball away, no shape, and unable to do even the simplest of things and Berwick harassed us all over the park at the back we were all over the place with the normally reliable Marsh and McQueen partnership looking exceedingly shaky a lack of confidence i think particularly with what was in front of them. We almost went in level at half time when i all honesty we should have been 2 or 3 behind.

Second half wasn't great but we did have some good spell and at least we were creating chances. Once again wee Fergie got us into the match with a super run into the box that earned us a stonewall pen and then Daly's superbly headed equaliser from an inch perfect SOD cross.

At the end of the day not too disapointed with a point against a good Berwick team, i'm more concerned with how long it will take for the team to gel and play the way Ferguson wants them to play y that time we could be too far behind the early pace setters.

Proverbial game of two halves, with Berwick far superior 1st half with us edging 2nd half, therefore we should be happier with the point.

What happened to our defence? 1st goal everyone ball watching as Berwick player knocks it in from 6 yards. 2nd goal another howler from Barclay, but an idiotic challenge from Marsh fir the free kick. Speaking of idiots, Frances is an accident waiting to happen - he will single handedly transform us from fair play winners to getting a fine.

O'Donnell was class and I'm not sure he wasted a pass all day. When him and a fully fit BF take the central midfield reigns - and we get a willing runner in there, we will be far better.

McManus looking a find, Daly played well.

Watt had a shocker, but was joined by a few others, so not picking on him.

Fergie still drifts in and out of games too much for my liking, but when he drifts in, he gets results. Awesome talent.

A disgraceful first half performance . McKinnon is not a midfield player by any stretch of the imagination.

Watt is poor at the moment.

The whole front line is lightweight.

The ball goes up but comes right back.

The second half was slightly better.

Ferguson at least got involved and won a penalty.

But very lucky to get a point from that display. Berwick should have been 4 or 5 up before we scored.

Archived