Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle - 30/08/14

There is a big Wetherspoons at the corner of Union Street and King Street. I was in there before a Scotland friendly a couple of years ago and it was stowed-out with TA footsoldiers. You can walk up King Street to the Tawdty Pit from there.

Archibald Simpsons is the place you are thinking of. Usually no problem for non old firm fans in there. Can get busy on a Saturday lunchtime with shoppers as well as folk on the way to the game.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aside from one match last season where we got thoroughly outplayed from the off Thistle have been good to us. I'd expect us to win, though if Archibald is wise enough to try and attack us on the left there could be a couple of goals in this contest. Like some others I don't see us losing, but possibility of a late 2-1 winner could be on the cards.

Absolutely no idea how this will play out tomorrow. Del has said he's sticking by 4-2-3-1, but who will populate it I do not know. Anderson and Taylor are out, the question is then how many players he chooses to drop after last week's brutal performance in Perth. I'd like him to go: Brown; Shug, Conso, Reynolds, Logan; Low, Jack; Smith, PeePaw, Hayes; Rooney.

Ultimately, barring Reynolds, anyone of the 11 last week could be justifiably dropped.

Expect a 0-0 or a 1-0 brutal shitfest either way. Which probably means it will be raining goals.

I think Alba coverage can sometimes corelate with a dodgy stream popping up online somewhere on the day, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

As for the game, whether we have a fighting chance or not will be down to the fitness of Seaborne, McMillan, Osman, and Fraser. If we can put out a fully fit team then i'd fancy us to take something, but if any of them are out (particularly Seaborne and Osman who even this early on we seem to be heavily reliant on), then we'll suffer all the more for it. Aberdeen haven't started well and didn't end last season all that well either. Like ourselves they appear to be a bit dodgy in the left back position so maybe we should play Higginbotham there to try and make the most of that. I've set myself up for a defeat all week, so I'll go with a 2-1 home win with anything better being a very good result.

I'd love us to go a 3-5-2 in this, but if both Taylor and Ando are out then probably not practical.

Could stick Shug in at centre half, Hayes and Logan wing backs and Rooney and Goodwillie up front? Pawlett Smith and Jack in the midfield?

We really need a shake up, try something new!

I've always found the Aberdeen game to have the unfriendliest locals by a mile. I guess when they hear the accents they can't help but equate us with the ugly sisters.

It's just an inferiority complex.

Today's game will be a decent marker for how we will do this season. We struggled in getting wins and even draws against most of the top six sides last season. If we can get that sparkle back from the Cunty game coupled with another flat performance from the Dandies we could bring a point back down the road. Looking forward to Ecclestone and Fraser running around kicking f**k out of the Dons players then taking all their decent wags down to Stonehaven for a night out they'll never forget before returning to Firhill in triumph on a Firhill Road bedecked with thistles.

Today's game will be a decent marker for how we will do this season. We struggled in getting wins and even draws against most of the top six sides last season. If we can get that sparkle back from the Cunty game coupled with another flat performance from the Dandies we could bring a point back down the road. Looking forward to Ecclestone and Fraser running around kicking f**k out of the Dons players then taking all their decent wags down to Stonehaven for a night out they'll never forget before returning to Firhill in triumph on a Firhill Road bedecked with thistles.

If we get three points, I'll help with the laying of wags and thistles.

If we get three points, I'll help with the laying of wags and thistles.

Good lad. At this rate there'll be more pipe getting laid than in the North Sea!

Archived