Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle - 30/08/14

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd agree with Nizzy and maybe give Lindsay a game if we have to. Cowdenbeath fans seemed impressed with him last season and he's got more first-team experience than Keenan. I don't see us winning regardless of who we play between Balatoni/Muirhead/Seabourne but as few goals conceded as possible would be nice.

He was at Alloa last season, it was Brownlie at Cowdenbeath. I think Lindsay is an excellent player and will break through soon but I wouldn't be confident with him alongside Keenan - too inexperienced.

He is more mobile than Seabo so I'd prefer him there or as the left sided central defender in a van Gaal style 5-3-2?

Cancel that, just checked the man u score from last night :(

I've accepted we're onto a shoeing here, as I said it's been over a decade since I was last at Pittodrie and only been in Aberdeen once in that time, and even that was 5 years ago. Where's decent for a pint beforehand to soften the blow?

I've accepted we're onto a shoeing here, as I said it's been over a decade since I was last at Pittodrie and only been in Aberdeen once in that time, and even that was 5 years ago. Where's decent for a pint beforehand to soften the blow?

Stonehaven ;)

Bus stopped at the Pittodrie Bar last season. Pretty spartan but did the job. Plenty of boozers in the town centre. I'm sure a local will be along with some friendly advice soon.

Christ, not liking all this negativity from the Partick fans, it usually ends up only going one way.

Can see this being a turgid affair tomorrow. I don't think we'll lose but can see it either being a shitey 0-0 or 1-0 us.

For the lad that was asking about pubs, try the Scotia Bar just off King Street, good boozer for home fans but equally as accomodating to non-OF away fans.

There is a big Wetherspoons at the corner of Union Street and King Street. I was in there before a Scotland friendly a couple of years ago and it was stowed-out with TA footsoldiers. You can walk up King Street to the Tawdty Pit from there.

Archived