Inverness CT vs Kilmarnock - 30/08/14

Fairly comfortable win in the end for ICT. Watkins gets better with every game. Dean Brill's 100% shutout hardly in danger today. All we need now is for some of our support to show up - at least for the home games.

Yogi Hughes SPL manager of the month?

He's quite clearly won over the respect of the players - it will be interesting to see how far he can take this club.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly comfortable win in the end for ICT. Watkins gets better with every game. Dean Brill's 100% shutout hardly in danger today. All we need now is for some of our support to show up - at least for the home games.

Yogi Hughes SPL manager of the month?

He's quite clearly won over the respect of the players - it will be interesting to see how far he can take this club.

Stuck in the middle of the North Sea atm JB but tickets are bought for Aberdeen. I am going to enjoy this season, I have a feeling.

Another great result. How does this compare to our start last season?

Last season we were on exactly the same number of points after the same number of games (4 wins + a draw at Celtic Park). We won one more after the international break, against Killie, before losing our first match, against Aberdeen. Didn't keep 5 clean sheets on the bounce, though.

Got to hand it to Hughes, I didn't expect a start anything like this - I thought we'd probably drop points by inviting too much pressure onto ourselves like we did in the second half of last season, but it sounds like we were barely threatened today, and that has been the case pretty much all season. Looking forward to seeing the goals tonight.

Another traditional defeat at Inverness for us, nice to get it out of the way while we're still in August.

When I see Yogi's ICT at the top of the league, being chased by fucking Accies...well its times like these I realise how little I know about this game.

We were never at the races 2nd half, after quite an even 1st.

Very few plus points as Inverness were better all over the park. Maybe Pasca and Connolly were best for us.

There's some right good players in that ICT team. Watkins and Shinnie were excellent and the no.6, don't know his name was a stand out.

We were never at the races 2nd half, after quite an even 1st.

Very few plus points as Inverness were better all over the park. Maybe Pasca and Connolly were best for us.

There's some right good players in that ICT team. Watkins and Shinnie were excellent and the no.6, don't know his name was a stand out.

Meekings is no.6, best CB in the league outside Celtic

From what I can remember of the game the first half was pretty even with both teams being a bit shit. Second half caley stepped up a gear.

First goal was soft defensively but well worked, second not quite sure what happend, looked like samson had it covered then it was in. Would be lucky if killie even had a shot off target nevermind on target, just never threatend to score at all.

Unbelievable start for caley. Hope the fans enjoy it!

Better start than last year for killie so there's always that.

Archived