ARFC VS Queens Park

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, totally agree.

This is a way of Coatbridge honouring what these two women have achieved, and there's surely nothing wrong with that.

Hmm. Personally, I'd rather honour the Snuffleupagus family for services to the team on terrace and ball-boy duties.

I'd describe Gemmell's return as nothing more than average. He's scored three goals but he's spent too much of his time moaning and lazing in an offside position. Once he sheds the extra stone he's carrying he could be useful but right now, in my opinion, he's proving Stenny right not to offer him another year in League One.

Inviting Judoists, unrelated to the club, to a game (presumably gratis) seems a strange idea. Does Albion Rovers' invitation really stand on behalf of all of Coatbridge, and even if so, should we take pride in clinging to the coattails of those who do sports in their pyjamas?

I'd describe Gemmell's return as nothing more than average. He's scored three goals but he's spent too much of his time moaning and lazing in an offside position. Once he sheds the extra stone he's carrying he could be useful but right now, in my opinion, he's proving Stenny right not to offer him another year in League One.

Inviting Judoists, unrelated to the club, to a game (presumably gratis) seems a strange idea. Does Albion Rovers' invitation really stand on behalf of all of Coatbridge, and even if so, should we take pride in clinging to the coattails of those who do sports in their pyjamas?

What more do you want from Gemmell?? top scorer in the team with 3 goals in all competitions.... he is here to score goals and is doing just... hes never been a pacey player, he has a job to do and he is doing it well... how about getting behind the big man rather than run him down at every turn??

What more do you want from Gemmell??

Improved fitness, sharpness and a better attitude.

Gemmell shouldn't be an automatic pick for the number 9 shirt. While he gets into shape we have a younger and more athletic alternative in Chris Dallas, who works harder, and has collected fewer bookings in his professional career than Gemmell has so far this season.

Improved fitness, sharpness and a better attitude.

Gemmell shouldn't be an automatic pick for the number 9 shirt. While he gets into shape we have a younger and more athletic alternative in Chris Dallas, who works harder, and has collected fewer bookings in his professional career than Gemmell has so far this season.

I agree that Chris is more mobile but strikers are based on goals...how many goals did chris get last season?

In John we have a player who has scored goals in a higher league, he was stenny's top scorer...

I think you have a personal issue with John as you are picking on everything about the man... give him your backing rather then scrutinize everything!

I don't like slow or overweight players, or those with bad attitudes. I remember Gemmell well after two successful spells at the club, but from what I've seen of him this season he doesn't measure up to his glittering past. Time for someone else, IMO, but the good news is that we have options.

I don't know what "give him you backing" means, but I have nothing personal against any of our players.

Re the judo initiative: I did say I wasn't sure about it., and I'm happy to be the lone sceptic. I understand the publicity thing, but doubt any lasting benefit from honouring people who've no connection to our club. I see on the Rovers board that someone suggests Rangers have already courted the sisters.

Surely there's no more to this than it being a nice wee gesture to congratulate some local girls on their achievements? Getting new people into the ground one way or another can be a good thing too.

On the game, I'm not going to be in attendance, which is usually enough to ensure a 'vers win!

I don't like slow or overweight players, or those with bad attitudes. I remember Gemmell well after two successful spells at the club, but from what I've seen of him this season he doesn't measure up to his glittering past. Time for someone else, IMO, but the good news is that we have options.

I don't know what "give him you backing" means, but I have nothing personal against any of our players.

What is so different from his previous spells with us? He got silly bookings, gave away plenty of fouls, gave abuse to everyone around him...thats John, like it or lump it!

All we should be concerned about is that he is giving 100% for the team and doing his job as a striker and scoring goals...so far he has done both!

I'll be honest Gemmell has the right attitude for our team at the moment. Hes a guy who loves beating people more than he loves winning, you look at his twitter on the morning of a game and the guy is buzzing for it and he wants to create a atmosphere akin to he Crazy Gang era. That last gang in town mentallatiy and swagger is somthing a team looking to challange needs.

Hes an arsehole but hes our arsehole, he winds up defenders and opposition fans. I think every team needs a bit of bite and a panto vilian and The Beast plays this to a tee.

Im sick to the back teeth of us having nice, skinny guys who try hard up front and end up with about 3 goals all season. To me Gemmell and McGuigan are streets ahead of our other options.

There seems to be a weird thing on here that because Young and Gemmell arent Usain Bolt they cant possibley be contributing to the team but thats not their style and they are vital parts of the team at the moment.

Dallas is a guy who really impressed me when he got here but has been poor for over a year, I cant see him troubling the teamsheet this season.

The one guy in the current XI who isnt earning his keep IMHO is Garry Phillips ok player but id like to see him droped for a few games to see if it spurs him onto deliver more consistantly. Especially with guys like Love and Squib in the wings.

All this said the good thing about Gemmell being slaged on here is he reads it and it seems to spur him on to prove his knockers (no overweight pun intended) wrong.

In terms of the Judo sisters, nice wee bit of press, somthing for our new fans to get behind. I cant see any harm ? we always moan about the people of Coatbridge not getting behind our success but now we cant get behind some local sporting success ?

I'll be honest Gemmell has the right attitude for our team at the moment. Hes a guy who loves beating people more than he loves winning, you look at his twitter on the morning of a game and the guy is buzzing for it and he wants to create a atmosphere akin to he Crazy Gang era. That last gang in town mentallatiy and swagger is somthing a team looking to challange needs.

Hes an arsehole but hes our arsehole, he winds up defenders and opposition fans. I think every team needs a bit of bite and a panto vilian and The Beast plays this to a tee.

Im sick to the back teeth of us having nice, skinny guys who try hard up front and end up with about 3 goals all season. To me Gemmell and McGuigan are streets ahead of our other options.

There seems to be a weird thing on here that because Young and Gemmell arent Usain Bolt they cant possibley be contributing to the team but thats not their style and they are vital parts of the team at the moment.

Dallas is a guy who really impressed me when he got here but has been poor for over a year, I cant see him troubling the teamsheet this season.

The one guy in the current XI who isnt earning his keep IMHO is Garry Phillips ok player but id like to see him droped for a few games to see if it spurs him onto deliver more consistantly. Especially with guys like Love and Squib in the wings.

All this said the good thing about Gemmell being critised on here is he reads it and it seems to spur him on to prove the doubters wrong.

Great post, couldnt have put it better myself!

C'MON lets get behind The Beast and the rest of the players...cut out the sniping and lets hope the guys can repeat a promotion season again!!!

All this said the good thing about Gemmell being slaged on here is he reads it and it seems to spur him on to prove his knockers (no overweight pun intended) wrong.

In terms of the Judo sisters, nice wee bit of press, somthing for our new fans to get behind. I cant see any harm ? we always moan about the people of Coatbridge not getting behind our success but now we cant get behind some local sporting success ?

Gemmell is streets ahead of Dallas. Probably most effective No9 in our league.

Anyone who thinks different is simply trolling.

How about the need to watch the game and see both goal areas without having to swing your head from side to side.

I don't get that mate, surely if you wee on the other side you would still need to move your head?

Or are the Rovers investing in swivel chairs on the North Terrace?

I'm an unashamed fan of Gemmell (excluding his off-field numptiness) so agree with the more recent posts - the irony of Albion Rovers fans condemming any slightly tubby goalscorer is quite remarkable considering the deity-like hysteria that you bestowed upon Mark Yardley if he managed to break into a trot - I think you'll find Mr. Gemmell is positively lithe by comparison. Hope he's enjoying that free consignment of pies I sent him tonight though!

Archived