ARFC VS Queens Park

Right, but you're happy to judge him as someone who "seems to enjoy looking important".

You really don't do yourself any favours, do you, and I say that as someone who has defended you quite a bit on here recently.

Albino: Snuffy is correct. Your remark abot Paul Reilly was snide and unworthy. I don't know Mr Reilly but I know people who do. Paul Reilly is a big man who gives much to the Rovers, for which we should be grateful.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is a 1-3 win to Queens Park – an even match early on before Albino Rover turned the ball into his own net putting Queens ahead. Paul_Rover scores an own goal after misreading Albino’s backpass, giving QP a two goal lead.

Tension builds and, despite the efforts of the Rovers’ senior players to calm things down, Albino Rover is sent off after fly kicking a fan, before protesting in the morning papers that the fan jumped into his boot.

Seriously, thank god it’s an international break this week – this thread is beyond embarrassing!

Is judgement, by customers, of non-playing club staff forbidden? Limited to my own judgement I merely suggest in good humour, to Convenor, that it could have been Mr. Reilly who spoke to him. Not that it "must" be him, not that I don't like the man, and not with any intention to be smart or important-sounding.

Like almost everything Rovers-related which I say on P&B, that has been, quite pettily, challenged by other Rovers fans who have jumped in with a personal taste, to which I refuse to lower myself.

However freedom of opinion is a right of which I'm in favour, and I wouldn't try to silence even the most unreasonable of those with whom I disagree.

:lol:

Get over yourself!

This thread is a 1-3 win to Queens Park – an even match early on before Albino Rover turned the ball into his own net putting Queens ahead. Paul_Rover scores an own goal after misreading Albino’s backpass, giving QP a two goal lead.

Tension builds and, despite the efforts of the Rovers’ senior players to calm things down, Albino Rover is sent off after fly kicking a fan, before protesting in the morning papers that the fan jumped into his boot.

You must have left early Calum; it finished 3-3. Wise old sage Bold Rover scored a penalty late on, before a piece of off-the-wall brilliance by Compliment Sandwich secured a point. The boy Sandwich is said to work away a lot so is not always available for selection, but he showed his class in this thread ;)

Albino: Snuffy is correct. Your remark abot Paul Reilly was snide and unworthy. I don't know Mr Reilly but I know people who do. Paul Reilly is a big man who gives much to the Rovers, for which we should be grateful.

What exactly is snide or unworthy? One can do an important job and enjoy it, and it's not unreasonable to have suggested ex-cop Paul upholding a health and safety rule.

I think we're entering the 'arrested after assault in nightclub' phase.

If "time is up" in this "match", this debate is currently a dressing room squabble among players, one of whom said a blade of grass looked green.

I'm pretty certain the person being referred to by the QP fans is the chap from Coatbridge Boys Club, who used to organise the ball boys, but seems to also have some additional responsibilities nowadays.

That sounds more like the guy. When folk were refusing to move – mainy due to the manner he went about it – he got the stewards who asked us far nicer with a smile on their face so everyone eventually did move.

Archived