Kilwinning Rangers Season 14/15

Scotlad

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I start griping just wanted to say what a brilliant setup Kilwinning have pieced together at Abbey Park, most importantly to the players the pitch is looking like a bowling green.

With regards to the referee today, I thought he was the perfect example of a young guy who from his lack of common football sense has obviously never played the game and quite simply doesn't understand it. The 1st Kilwinning red card to me was just a bit of a swing after a scramble in the hope the ball was there, and from the lack of any obvious reaction from the Saltcoats players clearly didn’t merit a red card. Took his time to decide it was even a foul. I’ll not say too much about the other reds and what seemed like an offside debate for nearly every goal, because it was actually the small things that really annoyed me.

As an example he couldn't interpret from the spin of the ball what direction to give throw-ins, and even if he couldn’t was unable to infer it from the players’ body language. I’m not going to ramble on but it is a real problem in the junior game that the referees as young guys obviously aren’t playing the game, and that referee today looked like if you put a ball at his feet he would trip over it. When I’ve spoken to referees about various incidents in the past it really does startle me the way they view the game, quite worrying actually.

Anyway on a positive ending it was a cracking day, very eventful game sure the fans enjoyed and it is good to see Kilwinning looking strong, both on the park and off it.

It`s a bigger problem that players and staff clearly don`t know/understand fully the laws of the game. Swearing in the refs face, dissent etc all carry the same punishment and yet players continue to do it. Stupidity personified and it always leaves the ref no option.As for throw ins etc, it`s a bigger problem when the "linesman" that the teams provide clearly cheat by not raising their flag when the balls out causing even more problems for the ref. A certain "linesman" today was taking stick from his own team because of his constant refusal to raise the flag when the ball was clearly out.. Credit where it`s due, the pitch looked great today but in terms of the game I can`t see Kilwinning getting up this season based on this performance. Saltcoats were average and yet they continually got in behind the Kilwinning defence and should have scored more goals than they did. When Kilwinning went down to 9 men they actually defended better although Saltcoats could have played for another few hours and still not scored.They had one passage of decent play in the second half and they got their second goal from it but they then proceeded to lose their discipline and in turn lost their way and eventually the game.

Bit harsh to say you can't see Buffs going up based on one performance. They were 3-1 up and went down to 9 men, and could and should of scored more after that. From what I have seen Buffs always look as if they are going to score goals, and have the pace to hurt teams. Ref was poor today, and at times seemed to go on shouts from the crowd. Doesn't help though when Vics no 7 walks away admitting he dived to get Weir booked and sent off, happened directly in front of me and Weir never touched him, no 7 was rolling about the ground crying like a wee girl.

Having seen every Pre Season, ardagh & ADL game season to date I'm confident we can go up this season as champions. Also whilst I appreciate players come and go in the juniors I reckon if we can keep our best players and add some more quality in key positions we aren't far off having a side capable of back to back promotions ! COYB !

Archived