Cycling

ollyj

I have recently taken up cycling and have a mountain bike. I prefer to cycle on the road and have been given some info on road and hybrid? Bikes. Just looking for a bit of info on the best bike for road cycling and where is best to get a good start up bike. Preferably cheap to see how I get on. Any info greatly appreciated thanks.

Make sure you get some cyclist buddies to join you, and ALWAYS make sure you cycle 2 abreast on country roads with tight bends, this will stop drivers getting past you.

if you want to start road cycling, get yourself a road or decent hybrid. Not wanting to spend much is fairly sensible if you are testing the water but dont think you cant get a good bike for limited budgets.

Take a look at Decathlon's Triban 3

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red-road-bike-id_8274036.html

Many will turn their nose up at high street branded bikes but for the money, this is a seriously good piece of kit. Carbon forks and good gearing will really help you get a feel for road cycling. The seat is a bit shit tbh but nothing some padded pants or replacement cant fix.

Welcome to the club.

if you want to start road cycling, get yourself a road or decent hybrid. Not wanting to spend much is fairly sensible if you are testing the water but dont think you cant get a good bike for limited budgets.

Take a look at Decathlon's Triban 3

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red-road-bike-id_8274036.html

Many will turn their nose up at high street branded bikes but for the money, this is a seriously good piece of kit. Carbon forks and good gearing will really help you get a feel for road cycling. The seat is a bit shit tbh but nothing some padded pants or replacement cant fix.

Welcome to the club.

You'll be lucky to get one, they've pretty much all sold through now. There is a new model line.

Archived