St Mirren vs Dundee United - 30/08/2014

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see everyone is buzzing for this. :rolleyes:

Fear the worst if Jim and Thommo are both out, but it would just like us to go and get something here with a weakened team after our horror start.

Has Goodwin been central to all your good play? Close this gets to kick off the more I feel we're not going to win this. 1-1.

Has Goodwin been central to all your good play? Close this gets to kick off the more I feel we're not going to win this. 1-1.

No, when we're in possession he does nothing at all, but when we don't have the ball without him we're a shambles.

If Goodwin is still missing it means we will likely start Isaac Osbourne again. He's certainly as capable of anyone in the league as doing the defensive midfield role, but looked a little short of fitness during the week. I'd also imagine Caldwell will start after he came off the bench and grabbed a brace in our last game.

I guess we will line up:

Kello

Naismith

McAusland

Plummer

Tesselaar

Drury

McLean

Osbourne

McGinn

Wylde

Caldwell

Will certainly be a tough afternoon, a point would be a decent result and I'd take it now. I'll go for an entertaining 0-0.

Massive game for us today, I really fear the worst if we lose this... It's the St. Mirren way to get something when you least expect it but we really need to put points on the board ASAP!

It's not all bad I've got hospitality for the game so in any outcome I'll just get pished!

COYS!

Dundee fans supporting United :o I've seen it all now. Lex must have wound you lot up something awful!

Need at least a point today to kick start things. If we Thompson, Goodwin and Wylde all aren't playing I fear for us again. Hopefully Osbourne can fill the role because McLean and McGinn are lost without a leader in there.

Caldwell should start, either ahead of Ball or along side but I like him. He reminds me of a young Billy Mehmet, could be a long term replacement for Thompson. Didn't go midweek but Ball needs a few reserve games I think. The problem is he will only get fit with game time but with the longer he plays without scoring the more confidence he is losing. Offered a bit more movement against Dundee but was blowing out his arse after 30 minutes. I'd rather he came on for the last 30 or so if needed.

What can we expect from United? Same as last season? Gutted I am missing this, normally these games are decent and United have players that are actually worth paying the entry fee to watch.

I'm struggling to be confident for this tbh. Usually if a team is on a terrible run of form without scoring a goal all season they would be absolutely nailed on to end that run against us.

It does sound like Saints have played well and been unlucky so I fancy them to at least score. I can see a 1-1, but hopefully another fighting 2-1 win for Utd.

I'm going to go along to this and I'm taking the car. Where's the best place to park?

There's some pre-Tesco development wasteland 100m or so to the west of Tannadice #bantz

Archived