Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

Having more expensive, allegedly "better" players does not mean you will always win. anyone that knows anything about football knows this to be the case.

As an argument it is at best desperate.

It's not simply a case of not always winning right now though, is it? This Celtic team are quite clearly pretty poor, and if you're not worried about how things are at the moment then you're deluding yourself.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not simply a case of not always winning right now though, is it? This Celtic team are quite clearly pretty poor, and if you're not worried about how things are at the moment then you're deluding yourself.

You just keep trolling away.

Having more expensive, allegedly "better" players does not mean you will always win. anyone that knows anything about football knows this to be the case.

No-one suggesting they should always win. But there should be a clear difference between the ability levels of the two teams.

This is a dreadful Celtic team and the signings that have been made and the wages that are paid are disgraceful.

No-one suggesting they should always win. But there should be a clear difference between the ability levels of the two teams.

This is a dreadful Celtic team and the signings that have been made and the wages that are paid are disgraceful.

The thing is some idiots on here DO think more expensive players = should always win, they really are that thick.

Dundee might go out to a lower league team in one of the cups, who pay their players £100 quid a week, 10 times or more their own players get. Thing is no one is going to come onto that thread banging on about a bigger budget, when your team is in exactly the position Celtic are. It's all relative.

Congratulations to Dundee!

Fantastic performance, have to say I was wrong about McPake he looks as if he could be a vital player for the Dees. Stewart was also excellent. I'm struggling to see Dundee above 5th but can't see them in the bottom 6.

Never thought I would hear you say good things about the Dee BJ, thanks man.

Neil Lennon moaned about Barcelona's wages and how Celtic couldn't compete. Was he mistaken that higher wages mean a team is likely to be more successful?

Oh feckin' dear!!.

There's something very wrong if your players are on 22k a week and performing worse than Dundee or my team, that's a hell of a lot of supporters money to piss away just to pip either Hamilton, ICT or one of the Dundee teams for the title on the last day of the season to make sure of more CL embarrassment next August.

:lol:

Dundee were by far the best team in the first half, Celtic in the 2nd half. Fact is we had more possession, more shots on target. The Dundee goal came because our players seem to lack the ability to kick a ball away. Those are the facts.

My eyes. I thought the Hibs posters were bad but you're a fucking simpleton. If you want to judge a game based on the bbc stats go right ahead. The only thing you've said with any relevance is that Dundee's goal should have been cleared by the man on the post. His fresh air shot was epic.

You seem to have forgotten the Celtic goal came off a deflection so wasn't down to their defenders being unable to kick a ball.

Dundee had far better chances and should have won the game. Possession means f**k all when you pass the ball around the centre-line like you did all game without threatening.

money to piss away just to pip either Hamilton, ICT or one of the Dundee teams for the title on the last day of the season to make sure of more CL embarrassment next August.

You think that's what will happen?

The more tactically astute managers seem to have Celtic figured out, tbh. Thats Wright, Hughes and Hartley all finding a tactic that completely stunts the Celtic attack, while the tactically naive one seen his team get pumped. Will be interesting to see how this develops

Agree with all this. GGH was looking for too much time which Celtic, despite other failings don't give you.

For all Roberts was very threatening, and to be fair lacking match fitness, he only looked interested when on the ball. Needs to do more defensive duties and drop the petulance for me. Harsh maybe.

Special thanks to St Mirren for letting McGowan and McGinn go - they were fucking outstanding today. Likewise the whole team really. Stewart seems to be getting to the level and Peaso is just a bloody good player.

As I said at the time, they'll be fantastic signings. Letting McGowan go in particular is looking like a mistake. Early days yet but it's starting to look like myself a good few others were wrong about McPake, there might still be a player in there.

Great performance today, hat well and truly tipped to Hartley.

There's something very wrong if your players are on 22k a week and performing worse than Dundee or my team

If it were a one-off occaision, this would be a lot of pish. Every team is capable of an off day.

The problem with Celtic is that this isn't some off day. This is their season summed up.

Neil Lennon moaned about Barcelona's wages and how Celtic couldn't compete. Was he mistaken that higher wages mean a team is likely to be more successful?

Romeo isn't the sharpest tool in the box TBH. It has been shown that the higher the wages the more successful the team. Transfer fees are irrelevant to success but the best players can command higher wages.

Archived