Dundee vs Celtic - 31/08/14

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet again Celtic were piss.

Dundee were all over us first half and should have probably scored at the very least 2 before half time.

Were a bit more urgent 2nd half .....for about 25 min then Dundee came on stronger again,and probably could have had another couple of goals with some good chances passed up.

Poor show from Celtic....we were pathetic...Dundee were by far the better side, play like that and they will win more games than they lose.

Were you at the game or did you watch on tv?

Because I thought McGowan was outstanding today the ground he covered he must have been knackered and the amount of times he broke up play in the middle of the park was unbelievable. Also thought Jim got through a lot of work that would have gone unnoticed on tv.

Thought tank was a bit better today and got stuck in just needs a goal.

The only player who was disappointed me was GGH.

Also impressed with Roberts with his pace he should be able to hurt a lot of teams if he can be consistent enough. Same with Boyle if he could just be a bit more composed in front of goal.

Agree with all this. GGH was looking for too much time which Celtic, despite other failings don't give you.

For all Roberts was very threatening, and to be fair lacking match fitness, he only looked interested when on the ball. Needs to do more defensive duties and drop the petulance for me. Harsh maybe.

Special thanks to St Mirren for letting McGowan and McGinn go - they were fucking outstanding today. Likewise the whole team really. Stewart seems to be getting to the level and Peaso is just a bloody good player.

I agree I think if we have our best 12/13 players fit then we will do ok but if we get a couple of injuries at the back I think we could really struggle as davo/bene might be ok for a game or two but can't see them being consistent enough to play well for 5-10 games.

Hopefully that might change before end of window though.

Yes, see where you're coming from. Think we have proven that we can get results in adversity and if PH adds to the squad we should be fine.

:lol:

Dundee were by far the best team in the first half, Celtic in the 2nd half. Fact is we had more possession, more shots on target. The Dundee goal came because our players seem to lack the ability to kick a ball away. Those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong not many teams will go there this season and win, I think Dundee are in with a good shout of a top 6 finish, Great team who work very hard.

Dundee fans though seem to be getting a bit carried away with themselves, don't forget this is the worst Celtic team in quite some time.

Considering the average weekly wage at Celtic Park has to be around the 22k and Dundee players are likely to average between a grand and a grand and a half, its fucking embarrassing and Celtic fans should be rightfully angry and upset like yourself.

:lol:

Dundee were by far the best team in the first half, Celtic in the 2nd half. Fact is we had more possession, more shots on target. The Dundee goal came because our players seem to lack the ability to kick a ball away. Those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong not many teams will go there this season and win, I think Dundee are in with a good shout of a top 6 finish, Great team who work very hard.

Dundee fans though seem to be getting a bit carried away with themselves, don't forget this is the worst Celtic team in quite some time.

Celtic were on top for about 20 mins of the second half. After that point Celtic were lucky to survive the counter-attacking tactics - Izaguirre should have walked for 2 yellows and Boyle (twice) and Tankulic came close.

It might be old and oft repeated - but its an absolute truth.

Having more expensive, allegedly "better" players does not mean you will always win. anyone that knows anything about football knows this to be the case.

As an argument it is at best desperate.

Archived